Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 20, 2015, 05:21:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2015, 05:20:43 PM
Congrats to the Dubs. They can't control the conditions, but adapted much better than a lot of the Kerry players did. Clearly very worthy champions, once again.

Mayo will be crying in their beer tonight though! Always good enough, but never on the day.

Why?

I think the next part of the sentence gives my reason.

beer baron

Well that was very easy for the Dubs. Happy days.
Gavin got the match ups spot on which i was a bit surprised at,i thought Fitzmaurice would have his number but other way around. Dubs could've won by quite a bit more i felt and that with Brogan and Connolly not at their best.

seafoid

Those 2 Mayo matches were the making of the Dubs.

BennyCake

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 20, 2015, 05:12:12 PM
What was McMahon at? He had a good game but he's a tr**p

Well he is from Ballymun.

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2015, 05:23:49 PM
Congrats to the Dubs. They can't control the conditions, but adapted much better than a lot of the Kerry players did. Clearly very worthy champions, once again.

Mayo will be crying in their beer tonight though! Always good enough, but never on the day.

Why?

I think that most Mayo people realise we were beaten by the better team/squad two weeks ago. As much as most Donegal people would believe they were knocked out by the better team/squad a few weeks ago before that. So to equalte today with a chance missed is a lie. Ye missed yer chance last year because of a terrible mistake by Durcan. Now that was something to cry in your beer about.

beer baron

Quote from: BennyCake on September 20, 2015, 05:28:57 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 20, 2015, 05:12:12 PM
What was McMahon at? He had a good game but he's a tr**p

Well he is from Ballymun.

They all brilliant defenders down there? ???

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 20, 2015, 05:29:11 PM

Why?

I think that most Mayo people realise we were beaten by the better team/squad two weeks ago. As much as most Donegal people would believe they were knocked out by the better team/squad a few weeks ago before that. So to equalte today with a chance missed is a lie. Ye missed yer chance last year because of a terrible mistake by Durcan. Now that was something to cry in your beer about.

I'm talking about the past five years, not just this year, hence the use of the word "always". Christ the Sunday Game boys just said the same thing a minute ago, saying that Mayo have the players and just needed to work on their tactics.

If you don't agree. fair enough. I know I'd certainly be a bit frustrated to see these teams you always come so agonizingly close against repeatedly winning the whole thing.

And yes, of course we were sick last year, but we were shocked to reach the final in the first place, which still left it a satisfying season overall, especially with the memory of the semi to fall back on.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on September 20, 2015, 05:28:11 PM
Those 2 Mayo matches were the making of the Dubs.
Last year's 2 matches made Kerry too. f**k it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2015, 05:35:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 20, 2015, 05:29:11 PM

Why?

I'm talking about the past five years, not just this year, hence the use of the word "always". Christ the Sunday Game boys just said the same thing a minute ago, saying that Mayo have the players and just needed to work on their tactics.

If you don't agree. fair enough. I know I'd certainly be a bit frustrated to see these teams you always come so agonizingly close against repeatedly winning the whole thing.

And yes, of course we were sick last year, but we were shocked to reach the final in the first place, which still left it a satisfying season overall, especially with the memory of the semi to fall back on.

Last year was our (last real) chance! This year was (a bit like yourselves) just seeing how we could compete with the top teams. We did our crying into our beer in the past but not this year.

Wildweasel74

What McMahon do now? didn't even watch it, watched the All-Black game instead

Westside

McMahon looks to have been trying to gouge his fingers into Donaghy's face as he was on the ground picking up ball.

beer baron

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 20, 2015, 05:48:47 PM
What McMahon do now? didn't even watch it, watched the All-Black game instead

Looks like he gouge Donaghys eyes when a few of them had him smothered up.

larryin89

Farr you must see what the Donegal lad is saying to you. Never has a team came so close in a five year period, it will go down in history , it's not like 96-99 or any other period , it's a fuckin travesty and it's not just our own that think this way, I have spoke to two county players one from Tyrone the other from Monaghan and both said the same thing although the Monaghan star man reckons Mayo are from finished yet.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cllr Willie Power

So, how long of a ban will McMahon be getting for that eye gouging on Donaghy?? Absolutely disgraceful stuff.

My guess is that it won't even be mentioned or else you might get a brief mention on The Sunday Game tonight swiftly followed by a strong defence by Whelan who will no doubt claim that it was accidental and that McMahon is not that type of player.

If someone is consistently involved in incidents and trouble, when exactly does he become that type of player???

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on September 20, 2015, 06:03:06 PM
Farr you must see what the Donegal lad is saying to you. Never has a team came so close in a five year period, it will go down in history , it's not like 96-99 or any other period , it's a fuckin travesty and it's not just our own that think this way, I have spoke to two county players one from Tyrone the other from Monaghan and both said the same thing although the Monaghan star man reckons Mayo are from finished yet.

Let it go man! They're on the slide. Granted we'll win Connacht and go on a decent run to AI Quarter Finals, Semi final or even a final. But there will be no cannister unless we unearth 4/5 players.