Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Cllr Willie Power on September 20, 2015, 06:07:23 PM
So, how long of a ban will McMahon be getting for that eye gouging on Donaghy?? Absolutely disgraceful stuff.

My guess is that it won't even be mentioned or else you might get a brief mention on The Sunday Game tonight swiftly followed by a strong defence by Whelan who will no doubt claim that it was accidental and that McMahon is not that type of player.

If someone is consistently involved in incidents and trouble, when exactly does he become that type of player???

+1
"Stercus accidit"

beer baron

So, how long of a ban will McMahon be getting for that eye gouging on Donaghy?? Absolutely disgraceful stuff.

My guess is that it won't even be mentioned or else you might get a brief mention on The Sunday Game tonight swiftly followed by a strong defence by Whelan who will no doubt claim that it was accidental and that McMahon is not that type of player.

If someone is consistently involved in incidents and trouble, when exactly does he become that type of player???

There was uproar from someone on here after the 1st Mayo game because Whelan sat back and didn't defend any of the Dubs. How can the man win?  ::) ???

From the Bunker

Quote from: Sandy Hill on September 20, 2015, 06:11:31 PM

+1

Ban will be a waste of time and money. What games would he miss? And what are the chances of overturning it? Top Gaa players cannot be banned anymore!

omagh_gael

Forget about Cluxton's free kicks, his time wasting on kickouts is crazy. He had the run of Croke Park today.

Dublin had Kerry in their pocket all day, Kerry's five wdies in a row in the first half were a killer.

What's the story re Johnny Cooper? He was the standout player and has been taken off at the three quarter point the last few days.

From the Bunker

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 20, 2015, 06:20:26 PM
Forget about Cluxton's free kicks, his time wasting on kickouts is crazy. He had the run of Croke Park today.

Dublin had Kerry in their pocket all day, Kerry's five wdies in a row in the first half were a killer.

What's the story re Johnny Cooper? He was the standout player and has been taken off at the three quarter point the last few days.

Has to be a injury issue! 

Wildweasel74

Ha hes the new Ryan McM, the player we all love to hate, has improved out of all recognise this year. I used to laugh when i seen McMahon lining out,

Dublin have now won 3 all-ireland in 5 years, probably should have won last year too, They have won 3 league title in a row too.They are now stronger that all the others, does another 2/3 Ireland's and greatness await?

Kerry will do a clean out of the old hands, too many good Kerry players coming up and the old guard who havent the legs for it need changed now.

Next year it come down to these 2 again and Mayo, with Tyrone and Donegal an outside bet, the rest may forget about

beer baron

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 20, 2015, 06:23:17 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 20, 2015, 06:20:26 PM

Has to be a injury issue!

I'd agree he can't have been brought off for any other reason today.

From the Bunker

Safe journey home to all the Dublin supporters. Actually most of ye must be at home an hour by now!  ;)

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 20, 2015, 06:25:48 PM
Ha hes the new Ryan McM, the player we all love to hate, has improved out of all recognise this year. I used to laugh when i seen McMahon lining out,

Dublin have now won 3 all-ireland in 5 years, probably should have won last year too, They have won 3 league title in a row too.They are now stronger that all the others, does another 2/3 Ireland's and greatness await?

Kerry will do a clean out of the old hands, too many good Kerry players coming up and the old guard who havent the legs for it need changed now.

Next year it come down to these 2 again and Mayo, with Tyrone and Donegal an outside bet, the rest may forget about

I think we are done. In fact I hope Rory Gallagher prioritizes rebuilding.  Need to see if these youngsters from the recent minor and U-21 teams are any good.

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2015, 06:34:38 PM

I think we are done. In fact I hope Rory Gallagher prioritizes rebuilding.  Need to see if these youngsters from the recent minor and U-21 teams are any good.

They're plenty good but I really doubt there is realistic expectations in Donegal after the last few years. Some of them mightn't reach their peak for five years or more.

Wildweasel74

Donegal ain't done yet but they will have to take a chance and blood 5-6 of last years minor team a year or 2 ahead of schedule and see who cuts the mustard. i remember E Coleman playing 4 lads in the championship at 19yrs of age and they turned out alright in the long run, Heaney, Tohill, burns, and Coleman.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 20, 2015, 06:38:42 PM
Donegal ain't done yet but they will have to take a chance and blood 5-6 of last years minor team a year or 2 ahead of schedule and see who cuts the mustard. i remember E Coleman playing 4 lads in the championship at 19yrs of age and they turned out alright in the long run, Heaney, Tohill, burns, and Coleman.

Like Mayo in winning their Province they have a good chance. After that they could reach a Quarter final, semis or final. But there would be no AI Canister. Their best years are behind them.

J70

Quote from: Syferus on September 20, 2015, 06:37:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2015, 06:34:38 PM

They're plenty good but I giggly doubt there is realistic expectations in Donegal after the last few years. Some of them mightn't reach their peak for five years or more.

Maybe, but I don't see a team with six or seven starters at or more than the age of 30 seriously challenging for Ulster next year anyway, never mind at AI level, especially given the physical toll it must be taking at this stage. No harm in throwing at least four or five youngsters into the match day squad, at least for the league, and build for further down the line. Should have happened this year, but we only got two new subs out of the league. All these boys are going to leave over the next year or two anyway, even if they give Ulster one last, futile, rattle. If the talent isn't there, it's not there, but at least we will know. No one will be asking them to win medals first time out.

maigheo

Watched the McMahon incident again and what he does is completely unacceptable but it will be brushed under the carpet and forgotten about.No doubt there will be some one on here next week with a slow motion video showing Donaghy pulling McMahons hand towards his eye.Dublin well deserved there victory and were much better than Kerry all over the pitch and will be hard stopped going for two and a row

balladmaker

Poor game, teams can't control the conditions, but the conditions alone cannot account for Kerry's ineptitude, they were woeful.  There are 3 or 4 other teams who would have given Dublin a better game today. 

Time for Championship overhaul to rid the competition of non-competitive provincial championships from influencing the All Ireland outcome.

Congrats to Dubs, deserving champions.