The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatManJimmyMagee

i repeat, i have said nothing to belittle the tragedy or anyone that lost their lives. its a discussion board, points are made, and discussed.

GalwayBayBoy

I'd advise you to stop digging here. You are making a fool out of yourself.

full back

Quote from: ThatManJimmyMagee on April 15, 2008, 04:55:25 PM
while it was an awful tragedy, is there any reason to go off on one every single year? i mean, United fans dont make a big hulla balloo over Munich every year. 10, 20, 25 years yes, but playing it out every year is a bit much.

This is what you said.
Do you think it is a 'bit much' playing it out every year if you lost relatives or friends?
By remembering the anniversary you are 'going off on one'?
Off course you are not saying anything offensive  :-\

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on April 17, 2008, 02:17:13 PM

Where you get the ticket GAWA?

My brother's mate got 4 tickets, not sure how but couldn't give a hoot!

ThatManJimmyMagee

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: ThatManJimmyMagee on April 15, 2008, 04:55:25 PM
while it was an awful tragedy, is there any reason to go off on one every single year? i mean, United fans dont make a big hulla balloo over Munich every year. 10, 20, 25 years yes, but playing it out every year is a bit much.

This is what you said.
Do you think it is a 'bit much' playing it out every year if you lost relatives or friends?
By remembering the anniversary you are 'going off on one'?
Off course you are not saying anything offensive  :-\

yes, i do. it would be much more dignified to have a quiet personal rememberence like most people do. but god forbid anyone disagree with the mighty reds supposrters!

full back

I dont support the scousers jimmy, just think you are out of order

corn02

So what exactly is not dignified by Liverpool remberance cermonies

Gabriel_Hurl

Hound

Quote from: glens73 on April 17, 2008, 09:08:08 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3434293,00.html

Article on Sky sports interview with hickey.

He had to google Jurgen Klinsmann, doesn't mention it here but he said this in his interview, just sums up his knowledge of football.

Whatever about his knowledge of soccer, he's spot on about Rick Parry.

The only thing Hicks has done wrong in my opinion is let slip that he met Klinsmann. Its delusional to think the arabs would be any better than the yanks IMO

stevo-08

Quote from: Hound on April 17, 2008, 03:13:56 PM
Quote from: glens73 on April 17, 2008, 09:08:08 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3434293,00.html

Article on Sky sports interview with hickey.

He had to google Jurgen Klinsmann, doesn't mention it here but he said this in his interview, just sums up his knowledge of football.

Whatever about his knowledge of soccer, he's spot on about Rick Parry.

The only thing Hicks has done wrong in my opinion is let slip that he met Klinsmann. Its delusional to think the arabs would be any better than the yanks IMO

I cant disagree with alot of what Hicks says there. As I said before I'd be happy enough for him to stay as long as he can support Rafa and learn to keep his mouth shut. Whats gone on at LFC this season has been nothing short of a disgrace - a few lessons in Communication Skills on all sides wouldnt go a miss.

The situation needs to be sorted asap so Rafa (as long as he's still at the helm) can prepare for next season. How the ownership saga comes to a conclusion, I dont know. Also I'd be interested to hear more details on how hicks plans to rid the club of debt. Now that would be impressive.

Gaaboardmod3

Jimmy Magee is banned for repeated personal abuse.  I suspect he was only here on a wind up anyway.

derryexile

Lads just throwing it out there wondering if anyone has any spares for tuesday night... been scouring the web for weeks and there is nothing out there cheaper than 200 quid... just desperate money for a ticket so may as well try everything before i take the plunge!!

charlie stubbs

3rd place confirmed rovers 1 up at h/time things going well!

think blackburn getting a point even today could do us a favour, as chelsea will know that if they beat utd next weekend their fate is in their own hands.  if utd win this game bar the chelsea game u cant see them dropping any points.  Chelsea will have to go all out for the win next sunday you would imagine if blackburn get a result 2night.  this means grant will have to play his strongest team both against utd on sunday and us next wed!!

good win 2day, didnt fancy us to win today to be honest, thought fulham would have had momentum after last week and new alot of players would be rested.  thought we would be good for the draw!

Focus now on tuesdays big game!Any thoughts??

Team i would expect to see after 2days line up would be:

pepe

arbeloa carra skrtel aurelio

kuyt alonso masch babel

Stevy

Torres
Would be happy enough with that.  Think that skrtel did well up at the bridge and that will strengthen his claim 4 a start.  Thought Sami was great against arsenal i feel that a few times he has been exposed against drogba before and he doesnt like pace as walcott showed so anelka could be a problem also. 
Think the team also better balanced with arbeloa/finnan at rb instead of cara who i think is lost over halfway.  Prefer him in the centre esp 4 european games as i think he rises to the electric atmosphere at anfield on these nights!  1-0 to the pool!! ;)

Stalin

Would imagine that Carragher will be right back, unless Sami doesnt recover from the neck/head injury.

Voronin mixed the sublime with the ridiculous today, hope he gets sold or drafted into the Ukraine military during the summer, anything to keep him from playing next season.

Bit disappointing not to see the likes of Insua Nemeth Plessis etc in the squad today, but meh, plenty of time for them next year.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

stevo-08

yep, reckon carragher will be rb again. I dont like him there but thats what rafa did for both legs against arsenal so doubt there'll be any changes. Gerrard is a doubt I see but I'd expect him to play. The questions for rafa are: 1 - Does he start Crouch in a 4-4-2, another goal yesterday for the big guy and he would definitely cause some trouble for the chelsea attack. 2 - Alonso's form is worrying - I only saw highlights of yesterdays game but when Alonso came on, he seemed to give the ball away 2-3 times in danger areas. Not good. 3 - Does he start babel or use him as a sub like 2nd leg v arsenal. For the 1st leg I'd expect a fairly attack orientated side, including Babel.

Anyway, rafa has a few options so it'll be interesting to see how he sets his side up.