Doire -v- Tir Eoghain - 5th April 2008

Started by ziggysego, March 30, 2008, 04:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Davy played in the 1989 ulster minor final for armagh - where they were hammered by a tohill inspired derry!

Doire abú

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 01, 2008, 11:07:18 AM
Not ex-Bannsider Davy, tyrone86. Will be taking the field tonight against DC in the Irish Cup semi-final replay.

Is this him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_O%27Hare here? Don't ever remember him playing for Derry, what club is he from?

Is the R McGuckin at full back Ronan McGuckin? And whos the S McGuckin, Seanie?

Rois

Quote from: tyrone86 on April 01, 2008, 10:58:41 AM
Is that ex Bannsider legend Davy per chance SS?

Isn't he from Newry? - he was definately doing some coaching for either Down or Armagh a few years ago.

illdecide

Derry by 3pts. Knock it into them shire
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tyrone86

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 01, 2008, 11:07:18 AM
Not ex-Bannsider Davy, tyrone86. Will be taking the field tonight against DC in the Irish Cup semi-final replay.

Well that just goes to show I don't pay the same attention to the Irish league as I used to. Is it the same boyo all the same SS? Was looking at his bio at on the Coleraine website - I would have swore he was a Candystriper for a brief time as well.

Uladh

Davy's from newry originally. initially a clubmate of my own (correnshigo) where he played midfield, then off he went to uni in coleraine and never came back. played minor and u21 for armagh then had a run with derry for a while. he'd be 36 now. hell of a keeper in both codes.

Tyrone Dreamer

I assume its at 7 as the gaa has been trying to keep games at the same time on a Saturday night/Sunday to avoid confusion (which obviously hasnt worked).

ONeill

Who's the D Hagan at half back for Tyrone?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

In those days we only played 2 full backs

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on April 01, 2008, 06:56:24 PM
Who's the D Hagan at half back for Tyrone?

Damien "Scothie" Hagan from Moortown.

feetofflames

This is a crucial game for both teams, but more importantly Tyrone who still owe Derry for that humiliation in the championship the last time the inbreds travelled over the sperrins. Its a chance for Tyronemen to take the luster off the new floodlights in Celtic Park, to knock the sheen off a reasonably impressive if inconsistent Derry NFL campaign and if nothing else just knock seven lights out of their less well off neighbours, from the city slums. 
Chief Wiggum

ONeill

Quote from: feetofflames on April 02, 2008, 09:13:42 AM
but more importantly Tyrone who still owe Derry for that humiliation in the championship the last time the inbreds travelled over the sperrins.

The last time they travelled over the hills we gave the inbred clifts a right royal 1-15 to 0-8 thumping in the McKenna last year.

wherefromreferee?

Oh I can't wait!  After watching our U-21's win Ulster on Saturday afternoon, I'll be making the journey up the Glenshane, to watch Derry overpower Tyrone (by a point  ;))
Its just a shame Tyrone didn't make the U21 final, would have been a nice double.
In your Endo!

feetofflames

Lest we forget it was Derry wans who used to sing about the lack of sam maguire in our beloved red hand county.  Nowadays  it is they who look on and go racing green.  How foolish of them to boast?  Its important that Tyrone keep monitoring their underage success as if it were to increase they would surely be looking to steal the rest of Ardboe from us.  A right royal trouncing on Satrurday night would keep their heads low and their gubs lower.   

Highly unlikely though  ;)
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on April 02, 2008, 10:28:44 AM
Lest we forget it was Derry wans who used to sing about the lack of sam maguire in our beloved red hand county.  Nowadays  it is they who look on and go racing green.  How foolish of them to boast?  Its important that Tyrone keep monitoring their underage success as if it were to increase they would surely be looking to steal the rest of Ardboe from us.   A right royal trouncing on Satrurday night would keep their heads low and their gubs lower.   

;) :D

Highly unlikely though  ;)