Mucksavage(Ladies) Football

Started by Hereiam, September 28, 2009, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

space rabbit

QuoteWell then if you think most are taking it lightly I suppose there's no need to find any of the remarks offensive then?
Correct no need

QuoteI'll assume you're making the assumption that most posters are taking it lightly, can you make any assumption about who might be reading and how they're taking it?

They can take it whatever way they like, whatever they do is their own business but see the gay thread for other views.

QuoteWell then if you think most are taking it lightly I suppose there's no need to find any of the remarks offensive then?[/

Oh i am very offended by it all, couldnt sleep last night thinking about it.

botman

This thread has lost what little credibility it had.
Keep them at it.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Have to say about 10 years ago in certain quarters in Mayo there was a derogatory enough attitude to ladies football, but as soon as people in the county saw tiltles coming back to the sweet plains, the soft & craggy boglands, & the tall magestic hills their attitude changed massively. It was funny to see the change in attitude especially of ould fellas who would be barstool critics, they went from prior to Mayo's first title "A sure girleens cant play football, they might break a nail" to a few years later "Do ya reckon the girls can do it again for us on Sunday, fair play to them".  For quite a while I thought this was just a Mayo thing because of our Final Day horrors in the mens game, but after talking to friends from Galway & Cork, success seems to hav changed their attitudes too. I'm sure Monaghan, Waterford, Kerry & Laois home to many titles might have the same attitude & the unlucky people of Dublin, who have been close to bring a title back to the Capital.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayo 4 eva

Right I cant take this much longer, im fed up of this sort of crap (whether its a wind up or not, its not F**kin on). My Case .... Let me say firstly that im a coach of 3 ladies teams at our club and an ex county manager of ladies teams. Some facts for all the people who be-little the ladies game:

1. Females do not have the same muscular mass/fibers as men, therefore cannot pyhsically run as quick, hit harder etc

2. In general, Lads on county panels get travel expenses etc.... The Ladies dont. Managers of county teams get travel etc, ladies coaches/managers dont.....

3. Ladies county teams do the same drills as the lads, (see point 1), diets, extra fitness work etc Serious counties train 3/4 times a week.

To all those people who reckon ladies shouldnt be playing etc....... go and say that to all the u6/8/10 players who play every sat, sunday at our clubs. While yer at it tell the childs parents to bring their daughters home as they shouldnt be playing football.

Tell the players of the 6 finalists in the all ireland finals last sunday that they are not worthy to wear their county colours whilst representing their counties in croke park on final day. 

The only thing that i will agree with other posters is that the standard of goalkeepers is terrible, this will take time to get right.  Finally to those people who dont support our games at all levels and abilities .... F**k off back to watching the premiership.

The Question is..... What is the Question?

botman

Keep them at it.

space rabbit

Quote from: mayo 4 eva on September 29, 2009, 03:23:05 PM
Right I cant take this much longer, im fed up of this sort of crap (whether its a wind up or not, its not F**kin on). My Case .... Let me say firstly that im a coach of 3 ladies teams at our club and an ex county manager of ladies teams. Some facts for all the people who be-little the ladies game:

1. Females do not have the same muscular mass/fibers as men, therefore cannot pyhsically run as quick, hit harder etc

2. In general, Lads on county panels get travel expenses etc.... The Ladies dont. Managers of county teams get travel etc, ladies coaches/managers dont.....

3. Ladies county teams do the same drills as the lads, (see point 1), diets, extra fitness work etc Serious counties train 3/4 times a week.

To all those people who reckon ladies shouldnt be playing etc....... go and say that to all the u6/8/10 players who play every sat, sunday at our clubs. While yer at it tell the childs parents to bring their daughters home as they shouldnt be playing football.

Tell the players of the 6 finalists in the all ireland finals last sunday that they are not worthy to wear their county colours whilst representing their counties in croke park on final day. 

The only thing that i will agree with other posters is that the standard of goalkeepers is terrible, this will take time to get right.  Finally to those people who dont support our games at all levels and abilities .... F**k off back to watching the premiership.

Would you take a wee peek in the dressing room door when their getting changed?

mayo 4 eva

Quote from: space rabbit on September 29, 2009, 03:29:56 PM

Haha...... funny man, very funny.... Ignorance is bliss and all that. Oh and no is the answer to your question.
The Question is..... What is the Question?

ballinaman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 29, 2009, 03:13:50 PM
Have to say about 10 years ago in certain quarters in Mayo there was a derogatory enough attitude to ladies football, but as soon as people in the county saw tiltles coming back to the sweet plains, the soft & craggy boglands, & the tall magestic hills their attitude changed massively. It was funny to see the change in attitude especially of ould fellas who would be barstool critics, they went from prior to Mayo's first title "A sure girleens cant play football, they might break a nail" to a few years later "Do ya reckon the girls can do it again for us on Sunday, fair play to them".  For quite a while I thought this was just a Mayo thing because of our Final Day horrors in the mens game, but after talking to friends from Galway & Cork, success seems to hav changed their attitudes too. I'm sure Monaghan, Waterford, Kerry & Laois home to many titles might have the same attitude & the unlucky people of Dublin, who have been close to bring a title back to the Capital.

I thought it was brutal 10 years ago and i still think it's brutal. A good U-14 game is more enjoyable to watch

Master Yoda

Quote from: space rabbit on September 29, 2009, 03:29:56 PM

:D :D :D
Ladies football is good if you are in bad ould form and you need a bit of a laugh.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

rrhf

Do ladies intercounty football get grants? Equality?

armaghniac

I'd say the Ladies final will be as entertaining as this year's final.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sligoman2

Reading this thread has made me disgusted with some of the narrow minded and ignorant comments posted.

Some of the ladies games I have attended are top class, the fitness and skill levels is very high and the commitment is great.

Very sad to say, some of ye it seems will never be able to think with an open mind and hold on to old habits and preconceived notions - I feel sorry for ye, I really do.

Good luck to all involved tomorrow, I for one will be watching and enjoying it.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

rodney trotter

Some right idiot comments on the thread.

Carmen Stateside

Really looking forward to the games.  New York up first.  Good luck to Greencastle woman Laura-Lee Mc Cullagh who will be lining out midfield for NY.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 28, 2014, 04:59:42 AM
Reading this thread has made me disgusted with some of the narrow minded and ignorant comments posted.

Some of the ladies games I have attended are top class, the fitness and skill levels is very high and the commitment is great.

Very sad to say, some of ye it seems will never be able to think with an open mind and hold on to old habits and preconceived notions - I feel sorry for ye, I really do.

Good luck to all involved tomorrow, I for one will be watching and enjoying it.

It's a cringe-worthy thread. It's sad some people are so behind the times they aren't even ashamed to say some of the stuff in this thread.