AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

muppet

The Dubs did a great tribute to the two Dubs fans who died in Portmarnock earlier this year: http://www.herald.ie/news/dubs-to-hold-a-minutes-applause-for-harris-brothers-31304579.html

Should we do the same for Darragh Doherty?

David Brady@D9BMayo  3h3 hours ago
@MayoClub51 @MayoGAABlog @MayoGAA @Elverys.Lets Honour Darragh Doherty as supporters&Mayo people 13thminute Sun 13 sec applause  #13ForNo13
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on August 25, 2015, 08:56:23 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 25, 2015, 05:37:46 PM
Seems a few Mayo people will be on Hill 16 for the game.

Daft carry on and spoils the atmosphere , little pockets of Mayo fans on the hill and absolutely deafened by the noise level the dubs make , looks pathetic and makes for a bad atmosphere . One whole stand should be Mayo and then you have a good atmosphere .

Unfortunately most Mayo fans are deluded about the noise level we create ,  I think we are shite and 13 final v dubs was embarrassing. Too many gobshites " will ya shut iup and sit down , I didn't pay to be listening to Mayo Mayo Mayo , I came to watch the game in peace" absolutely nuts they drive me , boggers.

I haven't been sitting near any of those fans (thankfully for their point of view). I sometimes feel bad for the people around me for shouting too loud, but I can't go to a match of any description without shouting. And I love the Mayo, Mayo, Mayo chant, it mightn't be much of a chant, but it gets me riled up anyway. I hope it spreads to the players on Sunday too! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omaghjoe

Quote from: larryin89 on August 25, 2015, 08:56:23 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 25, 2015, 05:37:46 PM
Seems a few Mayo people will be on Hill 16 for the game.

Daft carry on and spoils the atmosphere , little pockets of Mayo fans on the hill and absolutely deafened by the noise level the dubs make , looks pathetic and makes for a bad atmosphere . One whole stand should be Mayo and then you have a good atmosphere .

Unfortunately most Mayo fans are deluded about the noise level we create ,  I think we are shite and 13 final v dubs was embarrassing. Too many gobshites " will ya shut iup and sit down , I didn't pay to be listening to Mayo Mayo Mayo , I came to watch the game in peace" absolutely nuts they drive me , boggers.

Larry's Lament

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 09:02:23 PM
The Dubs did a great tribute to the two Dubs fans who died in Portmarnock earlier this year: http://www.herald.ie/news/dubs-to-hold-a-minutes-applause-for-harris-brothers-31304579.html

@MayoClub51 @MayoGAABlog @MayoGAA @Elverys.Lets Honour Darragh Doherty as supporters&Mayo people 13thminute Sun 13 sec applause  #13ForNo13

Yes!

Any Club 51 people on board to organise/start this on the day. Is DB calling for 13 sec applause? Seems a short length of time as the momentum of the gesture may be lost.

IolarCoisCuain

It's a lovely idea but something like that only works in games that are boring or - and I know it's one and the same, really - soccer. Who knows what heroics we'll be seeing when the clock ticks around to 13? Who'll remember to suddenly switch off and remember the dead? God love that poor lad and his family, but Sunday in Croker won't be the time or the place.

moysider

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 25, 2015, 09:43:27 PM
It's a lovely idea but something like that only works in games that are boring or - and I know it's one and the same, really - soccer. Who knows what heroics we'll be seeing when the clock ticks around to 13? Who'll remember to suddenly switch off and remember the dead? God love that poor lad and his family, but Sunday in Croker won't be the time or the place.

I agree.

13 sec. applause after the minute silence perhaps?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 09:02:23 PM

The tribute to the two Dublin lads was very moving. It started on the Hill and spread around the ground. But it was very well organised and orchestrated in the ground and unless that can be assured next Sunday it just might not be as effective as everyone would hope. Anyway here's hoping that an appropriate tribute can be arranged and I'm sure it will be supported by everyone there.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

muppet

It will.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 11:01:44 PM

I will.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

blast05

I'd love to see a tribute (would love to see this anyway) more along the lines of every single Mayo person in the ground roars out the chorus of "Green and Red of Mayo" immediately after the National Anthem finishes.... twice ... and no holding the "forever moooorrrreeee" after the 1st time, i.e. straight into it the second time.
The time gap between when the National Anthem finishes and game starts would typically just about allow for the chorus to be sung 2 times.

And so there are no excuses, here are the words:

Oh the Green and Red of Mayo
I can see it still
It's soft and craggy bogland
It's tall majestic hills
Where the ocean kisses Ireland
And the waves carress it's shore
Oh the feeling it came over me
To stay forever more
Forever more

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: blast05 on August 26, 2015, 12:11:59 AM
I'd love to see a tribute (would love to see this anyway) more along the lines of every single Mayo person in the ground roars out the chorus of "Green and Red of Mayo" immediately after the National Anthem finishes.... twice ... and no holding the "forever moooorrrreeee" after the 1st time, i.e. straight into it the second time.
The time gap between when the National Anthem finishes and game starts would typically just about allow for the chorus to be sung 2 times.

And so there are no excuses, here are the words:

Oh the Green and Red of Mayo
I can see it still
It's soft and craggy bogland
It's tall majestic hills
Where the ocean kisses Ireland
And the waves carress it's shore
Oh the feeling it came over me
To stay forever more
Forever more

Good idea

highorlow

Quotehttp://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-cluxton-can-ensure-dublin-end-mayo-s-hopes-1.2328490

Is it just me or has Darragh gone a bit lazy in his articles lately?

We won't make the same mistakes with Cluxton's kickout's as we did in '13 and for the long ones we have more pace in the middle with Tom Parsons.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't bother pushing up on the kickouts on Sunday and let the Dubs start their attacks from their own 21. By pushing up in the '13 final and leaving Cluxton to send his lasers to the wings / middle we didn't have enough lads back to create turnovers. That's what we are good at, turnovers and counter attacks through the middle.

We have the added dimension of AOS up front. We are now a better team than the last 3 years and if we get the tactics right on Sunday [i have full faith in the management that we will] and things finally go our way we should win this game by 4 or 5.

I would say that it didn't pay off for Tyrone on Sunday (allowing Kerry win the short kick outs) and in hindsight they will regret not pressing the Kerry kickouts, it's something that should be done if it's a wet ball [Kerry copped this in the 2nd half themselves and forced Morgan to go long]. I think our tackling and added pace around the middle on a dry day should allow for letting the Dubs win short kick outs.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2015, 12:20:09 PM
Quotehttp://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-cluxton-can-ensure-dublin-end-mayo-s-hopes-1.2328490

Is it just me or has Darragh gone a bit lazy in his articles lately?

We won't make the same mistakes with Cluxton's kickout's as we did in '13 and for the long ones we have more pace in the middle with Tom Parsons.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't bother pushing up on the kickouts on Sunday and let the Dubs start their attacks from their own 21. By pushing up in the '13 final and leaving Cluxton to send his lasers to the wings / middle we didn't have enough lads back to create turnovers. That's what we are good at, turnovers and counter attacks through the middle.

We have the added dimension of AOS up front. We are now a better team than the last 3 years and if we get the tactics right on Sunday [i have full faith in the management that we will] and things finally go our way we should win this game by 4 or 5.

I would say that it didn't pay off for Tyrone on Sunday (allowing Kerry win the short kick outs) and in hindsight they will regret not pressing the Kerry kickouts, it's something that should be done if it's a wet ball [Kerry copped this in the 2nd half themselves and forced Morgan to go long]. I think our tackling and added pace around the middle on a dry day should allow for letting the Dubs win short kick outs.

If we let him take them short we lose any advantage we may have in midfield but we need a sweeper leaving them with a spare man so Cluxton will be able to pick out that spare man all day long even if we do push up

The Aristocrat

There is more to Dublin than just Cluxtons kick outs and stopping this is not assured of victory. 

I would be more worried about if the Dublin forwards click, and attacks by wing backs McCaffrey and McCarthy, how to limit Connolly, match Flynn's drive, keep Brogans score down etc.

What happens if O Shea is swallow up every time he as the ball, do you think O Connor  will step up being marked by Cooper. Not so sure.

From the Bunker

Darragh like all his fellow Kerry pundits dance merrily away from the main reason Mayo lost to Kerry last year.

''If it's Mayo, then Kerry didn't get the credit they deserved for beating them last year because everyone said Mayo threw it away.''

And yes he has got lazy!