Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Talking to some United fans today.  So full of shit....

"Yeah, we'd much rather win the Premiership than the Champions League."

Thats because youse are out of the Champions league you planks. 

United supporters = Gary Nevilles = Whingers
Keep 'er lit

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Stick this on the Man Ure thread, please.
Tbc....

magpie seanie

Ryan Giggs. 9 medals. Legend.

Square Ball

Quote from: The Gs Man on May 06, 2007, 10:58:07 PM
Talking to some United fans today.  So full of shit....

"Yeah, we'd much rather win the Premiership than the Champions League."

Thats because youse are out of the Champions league you planks. 

United supporters = Gary Nevilles = Whingers

what a load of ballocks, the premiership was always the main priority from the start of the season, as it was for most of the teams, yes it would be brilliant to winthe champions league, we diddnt so what, its not the end of the world.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

118cm

will you lock or remove this one, we can stick to the Man U thread.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Claw

Syd The Sailor

My mate who is a big United fan was telling me Fergie was being interviewed yesterday after the Chelsea result and his main sentiment was "i wish we were going to Athens".......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ziggysego

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on May 07, 2007, 05:03:25 PM
My mate who is a big United fan was telling me Fergie was being interviewed yesterday after the Chelsea result and his main sentiment was "i wish we were going to Athens".......

Well Fergie is quoted in today's IN as saying that Man Utd are now focusing more on the domestic competitions, as the they come up against in England are generally much better and the League is much more competitive than Europe.
Testing Accessibility

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: ziggysego on May 07, 2007, 05:06:27 PM
Quote from: Syd The Sailor on May 07, 2007, 05:03:25 PM

Well Fergie is quoted in today's IN as saying that Man Utd are now focusing more on the domestic competitions, as the they come up against in England are generally much better and the League is much more competitive than Europe.

If the Premiership is more competitive than CL why have they not won, by your rationale an easier competition, more than once in Fergies tenure.

Aristotle Flynn

How come Liverpool have never won the Piemiership? Even Blackburn have won it.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Spiritof98

Come on United.

Well done to United I must admit I was one of the one who had a bit more faith at the start of the season than others. But who cares this one has to be the sweetest of them all, beating Roman's Millions and also the style of which we have played deserved to come out on top. Fair play to Chelsea they kept up the fight for as long as possible and definately went down like champions yesterday, a lesser team would have let united romp home 2 months a go.
I hope the players dont feel that they have done it all because this team has the making of a great team, hopefully Sir Alex can add a few quality signings for the good of the team not for the sake of a big name ala Veron and we can build on this.

Have to admit no matter how happy I am today YOu have to be Jealous of Liverpool, I cant go as far as saying I would like to see them win it cuz I know the stick I will get from my mates but good luck to them anyway.

Finally, get in there you beaut. Piss off hansen you can keep your 8 medals, Giggsy got 9.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

stew

Quote from: Spiritof98 on May 07, 2007, 05:48:31 PM
Come on United.

Well done to United I must admit I was one of the one who had a bit more faith at the start of the season than others. But who cares this one has to be the sweetest of them all, beating Roman's Millions and also the style of which we have played deserved to come out on top. Fair play to Chelsea they kept up the fight for as long as possible and definately went down like champions yesterday, a lesser team would have let united romp home 2 months a go.
I hope the players dont feel that they have done it all because this team has the making of a great team, hopefully Sir Alex can add a few quality signings for the good of the team not for the sake of a big name ala Veron and we can build on this.

Have to admit no matter how happy I am today YOu have to be Jealous of Liverpool, I cant go as far as saying I would like to see them win it cuz I know the stick I will get from my mates but good luck to them anyway.

Finally, get in there you beaut. Piss off hansen you can keep your 8 medals, Giggsy got 9.

United spend millions as well and they should compete and win the league with the team they have, you have to remember they got Giggs for nothing, Scholes for nada, didnt pay a penny for Neville and got some tremendous players on the cheap a la vidic and ole gunner etc.

Their youth set up is better than anyone elses although Arsenals is pushing them hard at the minute.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ExiledGael

This Arsenal youth set up is a myth!
They have excellent young players but most of them have been brought in for millions of pounds!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 07, 2007, 06:59:49 PM
This Arsenal youth set up is a myth!
They have excellent young players but most of them have been brought in for millions of pounds!

They seem to have the best scouting network though.

ExiledGael

Agreed their scouting is excellent, they have bought consistently great prospects from all angles of the globe.
But it has cost them an awful lot of money, Reyes at 16 million, Walcott 12 million, Rosicky 6 million, Denilson 3.5 million, Diaby 2 million and plenty of others.
I know they have been successful, by and large, except Reyes, but it annoys me when people rave about the Gunners developing their own talent.
It was still the big two, United and Liverpool, who have established youth set ups across this country as well, who reached the FA Youth Cup final