The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Not been smart lads, but the last couple of seasons has seen Liverpool fans transcending through a cycle, of new found optimism and 'this is the year', through to doom and gloom and a who's for the chop, back to a few summer buys and it's 'this is the year' again!

Do you think that winning the CL was the worst thing that could've happened to a degree? It bought Benitez a few years, and perhaps too many players got into a comfort zone. Living off past glories as such.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stevo-08

J70, agree with everything you say there. In my opinion we need a quality right sided midfielder (how long have we been looking for one??), a central midfielder & an attacking full back.

You could then have a team consisting of:
reina
arbeloa, carra, skrtel, AN other
AN other, masch, AN other, Babel
Gerrard
Torres

Would need quality signings, but I think that team with some part time roles for agger, finnan, aurelio, benny & alonso would compete with the best.

along with the disposables you mentioned, i think crouch will definitely go. 6 PL starts all season must be pi**ing him off big time.

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 25, 2008, 07:11:22 AM
Do you think that winning the CL was the worst thing that could've happened to a degree? It bought Benitez a few years, and perhaps too many players got into a comfort zone. Living off past glories as such.

Probably some truth in that Norf but still, I'd shudder to think where we'd be without the money from winning the CL. The financial state of the club is bad enough without that bonus.

Goats Do Shave

Fair play to ye Carmen... you've summed it up about right!

I can't remember seeing Torres get kicked once! Scholsey may have has a nibble just before the red card, but he came away with the ball!!!

Torres is a quality player, no doubt... but to be left alone against Rio & Vidic (Statistically the best defence in the league!) was crazy! Even Rooney would struggle against those 2 (though he prospered against Carra & Skits).

I've said it once & I'm going to have to say it again Mascherano is Useless! - He never got a kick when he was on the field, consistently fouled & mouthed & consequently got himself sent off to give his team no chance of competing!

I thought Steven G or Carragher should have pulled Mascherano aside!

Fergie got the tactic spot on again!

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 25, 2008, 08:35:33 AM
Mascherano is Useless!

catch yourself on.

as usual the media are on the pools case with talk of 100k fines and 3 game bans, bentitez has to go, liverpool in crisis, etc etc
he had a bad day at the office, but i think reason for his second booking was - he seen the foul on torres, but momentarily he looked away and missed torres complaining to the ref (and legitimately as he was getting roughed up) but as mascherano looked back he seen torres getting booked and says to himself what the f**k ?! and then he loses it altogether, who wouldnt if he thought torres got booked for being fouled !?

aside from that v disappointing...thats the premier league for you though...its a mix of everything....roll on champions league

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Abble on March 25, 2008, 08:44:24 AM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 25, 2008, 08:35:33 AM
Mascherano is Useless!

catch yourself on.

as usual the media are on the pools case with talk of 100k fines and 3 game bans, bentitez has to go, liverpool in crisis, etc etc
he had a bad day at the office, but i think reason for his second booking was - he seen the foul on torres, but momentarily he looked away and missed torres complaining to the ref (and legitimately as he was getting roughed up) but as mascherano looked back he seen torres getting booked and says to himself what the f**k ?! and then he loses it altogether, who wouldnt if he thought torres got booked for being fouled !?

aside from that v disappointing...thats the premier league for you though...its a mix of everything....roll on champions league

2 words!

Neil Lennon!

Dinny Breen

Hello delusionists,

Have to say Goats Do Shave you're consistent, I still agree with you too.....

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11.2685
#newbridgeornowhere

J70

Yeah, all the Liverpool fans and the media and Javier Zanetti have been fooled by the trickster Mascherano. Delusionists my arse.

AZOffaly

I think delusionist refers to the fact that some Liverpool fans say this is our year, every year. I think their numbers are dwindlng as experience crushes optimism like a rose petal in a vice.

One year we will be right though :)

J70

All Liverpool fans or some Liverpool fans? There is nothing wrong with being optimistic, but I think most on the board are realistic enough.

AZOffaly

I think so too J70, but I'm sure we've all read the 'This is our year' stuff. Dinny just uses it as a brickbat to take away from his beloved Gooners collapsing every so often :D

Dinny Breen

QuoteDinny just uses it as a brickbat to take away from his beloved Gooners collapsing every so often

:D

Us Goons accept our failings and move on though, did you not know Arsene Knows!!!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

In fairness AZ (and J70), while Arsenal couldn't cope with route one football (and Chelsea's physical strength), Liverpool didn't seem to be able to cope with anything Utd threw at them and were flattered by the scoreline.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Liverpool were wicked. Where did anyone say otherwise? I certainly didn't, and I don't have the stomach to even get into it yet. Suffice to say that it could have been 5 at least.

Billys Boots

In my usual cack-handed way, I was trying to say that while Arsenal might feel a little hard done by, Liverpool shouldn't, which I guess you agree with.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I agree totally, especially about Liverpool. I do think Arsenal went into their shell a little after they scored, they seemed to hand the initiative to Chelsea, but Grant's substitutions, Sagna's injury and Chelsea's greater physical strength had a lot to do with it as well.