Things I like about the GAA

Started by 5 Sams, December 10, 2010, 09:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Someone mentioned it earlier...legendary thread..

Here it is...

http://web.archive.org/web/20030501224941/pub128.ezboard.com/fgaadiscussionboardfrm1.showMessage?topicID=98.topic

I'm sure there's plenty of new people on here who can add to it...

Do your best...
The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

That anyone of us can play, manage, coach or support their own team on club final days (or nights) at Croke Park.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

The sense of community and belonging. You can go to anywhere in the world and if you see someone with a GAA top, it's like meeting someone you know.
Testing Accessibility

andoireabu

September

Sitting at a match with complete strangers and having the craic, then when its over never seeing them again.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

omagh_gael

On big match day when you come across your first opposition fan and you let slip your first "C'mon Tyrone"  and the ensuing banter.

ross4life

Waking up monday afternoon after the big game (heavy night of drinking) & wondering where/why you got the opposition headband.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

screenexile

Quote from: ziggysego on December 12, 2010, 01:57:43 PM
The sense of community and belonging. You can go to anywhere in the world and if you see someone with a GAA top, it's like meeting someone you know.

Even if they're wearing a Tyrone top and you don't want to know them!!!!

fitzroyalty

Wearing GAA attire abroad is an open invitation to meet new people who wouldn't look at you twice only for you wearing your colours. Always a welcome occurrence.

Zapatista

100s of kids at an under 10 blitz with their County and club heros organising the mayhem as best they can.

Sorry Hardy. No surrender.

Hardy

I announce my retirement self-appointed guardian of the apostrophe for the gaaboard. I just can't go on.

T O Hare

Does anyone have the old thread.. 'funniest things about the GAA' ????
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

seafoid

Looking at a book of maps of Irish history and in one from the 13th century seeing the names of tribes that you recognise in players from the county teams of the 21st century. 

Talking to the auld fella about match we went to 25 years ago.

2008 watching the France Ireland rugby match with the father in law who is from France and fielding all his questions about the stade magnifique. 

The Biff

Quote from: T O Hare on December 14, 2010, 02:31:59 PM
Does anyone have the old thread.. 'funniest things about the GAA' ????

Is this what you are looking for?  It's somewhere down the current Board.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7604.0
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

seafoid

Tony Baloney

This must be resuscitated every 6 months. Please close the thread after the first "sandwiches and tae in the boot" post.