11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

mayo.mick

Quote from: highorlow on September 23, 2014, 03:12:28 PM
I think people should calm down until we hear what McStay had to say in that call. If all signs were pointing towards an appointment other than McStay's proposed team then perhaps he was the one that opted out. It appears to be a speculative statement by the Mayo news that yer man (or me as someone thinks) made a specific call to McStay telling him he was out of the running.

There are two sides to every story and we are only get one side here.

Did someone say that McStay had a piece in the same paper in relation to this? Can that be posted up?

Interview here, hope ya can read it;

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

moysider

The timeline of events were as follows as far as I understand it.

Connolly and McStay met with board last week and presented their plans.

An interview committee was selected on Friday night to interview both men (interviews never took place).

On Saturaday the Chairman rang McStay to thank him for his application but he was no longer being considered and Connelly was going to be appointed. If somebody else was involved in deciding this course of action I don t know but have my doubts.

Other members of the executive heard of this development and one resigned. Others threatened to resign .unless the original agreed process was adhered to.

On Monday McStay was again contacted to be told that Connelly had not been given the job and could he come to Castlebar for a meeting tonight (Tuesday).

Now if that isn t a mess I dunno what is.

Clearly the chairman has to go. Also anybody else that decided on that course of action. Unfortunately the vice-chairman is coming under suspicion locally, which if true would open another can of worms.

Tubberman

Quote from: moysider on September 23, 2014, 04:22:14 PM

An interview committee was selected on Friday night to interview both men (interviews never took place).

On Saturaday the Chairman rang McStay to thank him for his application but he was no longer being considered and Connelly was going to be appointed. If somebody else was involved in deciding this course of action I don t know but have my doubts.

Other members of the executive heard of this development and one resigned. Others threatened to resign .unless the original agreed process was adhered to.

On Monday McStay was again contacted to be told that Connelly had not been given the job and could he come to Castlebar for a meeting tonight (Tuesday).

Clearly the chairman has to go. Also anybody else that decided on that course of action. Unfortunately the vice-chairman is coming under suspicion locally, which if true would open another can of worms.

Are you serious!? They're making a laughing stock of themselves if that's true. I hope McStay told them he didn't want to get involved in that charade thank you very much.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayo.mick

Quote from: moysider on September 23, 2014, 04:22:14 PM

This was the "Official" statement released on Saturday night at 9.30. I've copy & pasted incase the link is taken down!

Link;
http://www.mayogaa.com/news/339505/Statement_Re_Mayo_Senior_Football_Team_Manager

Today Saturday 20th September 2014 the Mayo Senior Football Team Interview Committee met with the Executive of the Mayo County Board where they gave the recommendation that Noel Connelly & Pat Holmes be put forward for the position as Senior Football Team Manager. The other candidate in the process, Kevin McStay, was this afternoon informed of this intention. Mr McStay, while very disappointed, stated he was happy with the board's decision and wished Noel Connolly and Pat Holmes the very best with their future endeavours.

The Mayo G.A.A. County Board would like to thank most sincerely Kevin McStay for his time in this process and we wish him the very best in the future.

There will be no further comment until the new Management team has been put in place.
@mayo_mick

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Geoff Tipps

Rossfan

In all seriousness that's some mess of worms.
I see Ballaghaderreen Co. Roscommon resident John O'Mahony has been appointed as an "Advisor" to the new Carlow Manager.
Wonder does it pay as well as being an advisor to a FG Minister  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 23, 2014, 05:14:43 PM
Who is the Vice-Chairman?

Board here;

Executive Position                    Name                 
Uachtaran                                  Jim Fleming      
Chairman                                   Paddy McNicholas      
Vice Chairman                              Mike Connolly   
Secretary                                  Vincent Neary       
Assisant Secretary                 Seamus Tuohy      
Treasurer                                  J.P. Lambe        
Assistant Treasurer                      Michael Diskin          
Public Relations Officer           Aiden McLoughlin     
Central Council Delegate           Jerry Henry             
Connacht Council Delegate        Padraic Staunton           
Connacht Council Delegate        Willie Kelly              
Youth Officer                         Padraig Walsh     
Oifigeach na Gaeilge               Declan Prendergast    
Development Officer                Michael O'Malley       
Coaching Officer                    Padraic Carolan         
Hurling Board Chairman             John Hopkins             
East Board Chairman                Vincent Walsh             
North Board Chairman                            
South Board Chairman              Ger McHugh    
West Board Chairman               Michael Moran          
Bord na nOg Secretary              Sean MacHale     
Bord na nOg Chairman              Seamus Tuohy          
@mayo_mick

larryin89

At what point did Noel and Pat know they had the job?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Looks like McStay is doing Mayo as a county a solid by not going Tommy Lyons on the CB and exposing what does appear to be quite a f**k up in procedure. If ould Paddy and company aren't farmed off they have McStay to thank for it.

Have to say McStay has come out of this debacle looking as good as he possibly could, went to bat for his man (and his right to assemble his own team) and didn't put the knife in when many would. Ye can have him after us.

highorlow

Ah lads. Go and read the mcstay interview.

Loads of miss reporting by the mayo news in the related articles.

This is a storm in a teacup. As I correctly guessed its a typical newspaper making a big story out of nothing. Twitterizing it also to help the sales. Sad state of affairs.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ballinaman

Quote from: highorlow on September 23, 2014, 06:20:14 PM

This is a storm in a teacup. As I correctly guessed its a typical newspaper making a big story out of nothing. Twitterizing it also to help the sales. Sad state of affairs.
If you say so Paddy.....

larryin89

Quote from: highorlow on September 23, 2014, 06:20:14 PM

Can you clarify when Connelly and Holmes were told they had the job?

We know McStay was told Sat he was unsuccessful in his application.

highorlow

Larry go and read the mcstay interview. That's not my reading of it but it appears to be yours and everyone else's. Maybe I've a different understanding of English than everyone else. Anyhow I don't want to get involved in petty squabbles, I'll leave ye to draw the conclusions that ye feel suit yourselves, I'm only basing mine on what mcstay himself said but what was then contextualised into overblown headlines by a commercial paper.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

I dont have the mayo news, i just want to know when pat and noel were told they had the job.