Alex Ferguson

Started by EC Unique, February 13, 2013, 10:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Documentary on SS2 now for anyone who is interested.

Hereiam

All people need to know is that he is the chief manc w**k

The Worker

Shocking record v mourinho.

EC Unique

5 Sams

The man's a genius. He gets the same type of response as Micko. Those who love him and respect what he has achieved. And then the others who know nothing about football/sawker.
The Aristocrat Years

From the Bunker

Ah, one of the best in the business! Aberdeen and then Man Utd. His Aberdeen record alone is phenomenal. Really got among the Big boys there! His biggest asset has been his hunger. You read of burn out and disillusionment with managers year in year out. But Fergie just keeps on going and going. As a Liverpool fan, I hate the man. But that is just a measure of how good he is!

Orior

He seems to be a bit of a bully. But I suppose you have to be if you are to deal with young overpaid spoilt brats.

You have to admire his ability to stay at the top for so long.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

ONeill

When him and Wenger were toe-to-toe from 1998-2004 they were well-matched. Fergie moved with the times. Wenger didn't. Ferguson's ability to tweak his philosophy every couple of years to stay at the top is admirable. As well as stealing rivals' best players the thieving bastard.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

longevity & decades of success is what has him ahead of the rest. Even now at 71 years young his will to win still drives him & his team on. He might not be liked by non-United fans but he's a great character & the game will have a big void to fill once he retires.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

NAG1

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 13, 2013, 10:47:00 PM
The man's a genius. He gets the same type of response as Micko. Those who love him and respect what he has achieved. And then the others who know nothing about football/sawker.

Bit of a weird comparison for someone who has shown serious loyalty to MUFC over the years to be compared to a mercenary.

screenexile

Quote from: NAG1 on February 14, 2013, 08:24:25 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on February 13, 2013, 10:47:00 PM

Bit of a weird comparison for someone who has shown serious loyalty to MUFC over the years to be compared to a mercenary.

Lol... If Micko was getting paid the wages Fergie is to manage Kerry I'd be pretty certain he'd do it!!

Canalman

Where is that  "Fergie Out" placard photo from OT these days ? Airbrushed out of history??? Am (sadly )of an age to remember when MU fans hated him and were booing/ jeering  him for the most of a season at least until he won the cup.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Canalman on February 14, 2013, 09:18:56 AM
Where is that  "Fergie Out" placard photo from OT these days ? Airbrushed out of history??? Am (sadly )of an age to remember when MU fans hated him and were booing/ jeering  him for the most of a season at least until he won the cup.

Canalman

Thanks BnMM. Not the one I remember seeing but had the same message.