?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Franko

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on July 12, 2018, 02:40:46 PM
I want to make the point how disgusted I am with how Terence and Vincie McKenna were treated at Slaughtneil. I have seen Terence working at first hand and I think there's no better in this county.
Some culture.

Yes, I'm sure they'll give your point due consideration.  ;D  8)

DuffleKing

That must be it. Slaughtneil must have gotten rid of them because they were too good.

In hiding

Quote from: In hiding on February 28, 2018, 02:21:01 AM
Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on February 27, 2018, 03:43:48 PM
Hearing Mickey Moran took some serious verbal abuse from  Slaughneil supporter(s) after the game. Incredible if true, after what he has done for that club?

Will he stay for another year?  Their management team must have an average age of 70
Quote from: In hiding on October 29, 2017, 04:08:03 AM
not wishing to take anything away from an impressive slaughtneil victory but that's twice I've met their supporters. we have lots of crazies in tyrone but nothing to compare to the slaughtneil loonies. is this normal In derry

Not surprising !

Bump

southderryman

Just heard the tragic news about Aodhán O'Donnell.
Absolutely tragic. RIP.

shantygael

Quote from: southderryman on July 13, 2018, 07:29:52 PM
Absolutely tragic. RIP.
Truly unfortunate.a young Gael  to the core.my thoughts are with  him ,his family and circle of friends.a credit both on and off the pitch.may he rest in peace.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

macdanger2

Quote from: southderryman on July 13, 2018, 07:29:52 PM
Absolutely tragic. RIP.

Terrible thing to happen, awful for his family. RIP

restorepride

Tragic. A terrible week for the family.  Some small consolation that the body has now been recovered. Suaimhneas Síoraí.

southderryman

Disappointing result for the minors last night. Would have been great to land another Ulster title but they've done very well to get there, coming through some very tough games.

I was away so didn't make it last night, just following on Twitter. Must have been a more defensive game than the first meeting. A goal was always going to be a huge score the way it panned out.

Hopefully the lads can regroup and give the quarter final a good rattle.
Anyone at the game? Thoughts?

For those who can't make it to Carrick on Shannon today, the game is being streamed live on tg4s YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0PNLVSpPvHk&feature=youtu.be

Wildweasel74

Cassidy and Brown missed 2 absolute sitters there! Was the winning of the game! Keeper Hartin saved a good penalty though

southderryman

Mayo 2.14 Derry 2.11

Mayo the better team. Derry defence found it tough going there. Having said that we could have won it. Missed 2 excellent goal chances. Very unlucky with the shot that came back off the frame of the goal.
Most disappointing thing for me was the amount of ball kicked away, lost alot in the middle of the park and took the wrong decision  too many times.
Hopefully a learning curve. Excellent achievement for these lads to win Ulster, and hopefully something to build on next year

Wildweasel74

Big Brown should been in around middle if the field early in the 2nd half@ Final score Mayo 2:14; Derry 2:11! Derry plenty of chances to win it in the last 10mins!

southderryman

How many of these lads are u20 next year?

Wildweasel74

It easy to get caught on depending on next year judging by the results at minor level! Kerry won 4 minor in a row and with the missing of a year; 3 of these teams are gone without winning it at u21/20 level! The big chance was this year with Kildare beating Kerry!

Estimator

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 14, 2018, 05:20:44 PM
Cassidy and Brown missed 2 absolute sitters there! Was the winning of the game! Keeper Hartin saved a good penalty though
McWilliams missed a similar (but more difficult) chance than Brown's at the start of the second half as well.  Decent enough performance, but very frustrating at times.  We appeared to continue run into tackles and cough up hard won possession time and again.  Mayo were somehow able to isolate and swarm our players when they were on the ball.

Plenty of these lads still U20 next year and will hopefully give it another rattle.

In the other semi final, Kildare beat Kerry by 1pt after being 7 up going into the final few minutes.  The scoreline of their encounter in the 2016 All-Ireland minor semi final was Kerry 2-26 Kildare 0-10.  I know some are togging out for the senior side, but that is still some turnaround.
Ulster League Champions 2009

JoG2

A disappointing result for the young bucks the last 2 days.
The u20s will have learned a lot from that game today. Was very winnable only for some decision making. Went for goals from about 15 mins out with only a couple in with a strong enough wind.. Though to be fair, at pitch level the wind didn't as strong from the back of the stand.
I'd have had Brown play more out the field in the first half against the wind to secure up midfield. And played more ball in in the 2nd half. The running into contact time and time again caused  turnovers by Mayo all day long.
Most back for next year, they can hold their heads very high. Decent enough crowd there, obviously well outnumbered, but that's par for the course with Derry.
Wee word on the ref, for large portions of the game he'd let the game flow, then blow for the softest of tackles.