Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Derry Optimist

After an initial flurry of speculation as to who would replace Damian McErlain as Derry Senior football manager, the silence on the subject for the last ten days has been deafening to say the least.

This can only mean one of two things: either there is the general normal apathy towards our county having a successful competitive county team or the County board are in intense negotiations to bring a top class management team to  take charge of the County team!! Somehow I fear the former opinion is the more likely scenario.

HOPEFULLY A PASSIONATE MOTIVATOR WITH ACUTE TACTICAL AWARENESS AND GOOD MAN MANAGEMENTS KILLS WILL EMERGE from the depths of this apparent apathy.Our committed players and small band of loyal supporter deserve better.

theticklemister

Quote from: braveheart on August 23, 2019, 05:15:09 PM
Quote from: Red10 on August 23, 2019, 08:56:19 AM
Quote from: Mario on August 22, 2019, 03:46:47 PM
Quote from: braveheart on August 22, 2019, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: Gaagaagaa20 on August 22, 2019, 09:02:25 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on August 21, 2019, 11:37:54 PM
What was the attendance tonight?
4500 I saw in Twitter, shows what the people of Derry think of league football when it matters
Yes. There would have been less in Celtic park. A good junior championship game between 2 Derry city team's at Celtic park would almost get double figures paying at the gate. South derry is the heartland and always will be. Next year at senior football the only real north Derry team playing senior football will be Claudy. Coleraine will also play but really Coleraine are outsiders to both south and north derry.

It's obvious the South Derry clubs are putting a lot of effort into closing the gap after the North Derry championship clean sweep last year. The hard work of south derry gaels like yourself should be commended.

We need to lay off braveheart  He's probably one of those super Gaels that sums up what the GAA is all about. Celebrating in the glory of the neighboring club and running around following them about. He might be even one of those who wanted to jump ship and join the neighbors in the true spirit of the GAA. Could even be a member of the local angry daddies group.
It is a sore point for me. Celtic park is a white Elephant. Great pitch,good facilities but in the wrong end of the county. Even Owenbeg understands that now. And for that reason 90% of the senior championship games this year will be played in owenbeg.

Only white elephant here was when Owenbeg got redeveloped

Will it ever end

Quote from: Derry Optimist on August 23, 2019, 09:29:36 PM
After an initial flurry of speculation as to who would replace Damian McErlain as Derry Senior football manager, the silence on the subject for the last ten days has been deafening to say the least.

This can only mean one of two things: either there is the general normal apathy towards our county having a successful competitive county team or the County board are in intense negotiations to bring a top class management team to  take charge of the County team!! Somehow I fear the former opinion is the more likely scenario.

HOPEFULLY A PASSIONATE MOTIVATOR WITH ACUTE TACTICAL AWARENESS AND GOOD MAN MANAGEMENTS KILLS WILL EMERGE from the depths of this apparent apathy.Our committed players and small band of loyal supporter deserve better.

You may not be aware the deadline for nominations was extended to Monday evening in light of the meeting with clubs.

A selection committee has been established of the County Chairman, Vice Chairman, two ex-players, an ex senior County Football Manager and a current club chairman - which was ratified by clubs at the recent meeting. 

Jim Bob

Hearing Brolly is one of the ex players!!!

Will it ever end

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 24, 2019, 02:13:13 PM

I'd be very surprised that he'd put his money where his mouth is on the county team.

Glenman93

True. Not a single division 1 club is represented on the committee😆😆

Will it ever end

Quote from: Glenman93 on August 24, 2019, 03:23:33 PM

True. Not a single division 1 club is represented on the committee😆😆

Just interested to know - Do you think being from a division 1 club would make you more qualified for the selection process & if so how? I personally don't see how it would but interested to hear.

Division 1 clubs will have attended the meeting & I can only assume those attending felt others were befitting of respective roles & ratified them.

Silver hill

Jonny Mcbride should get this gig give the 3 candidates that have been nominated. Although given sean Mcgoldrick's experience and knowledge of Derry football and his record of 2 championship with coleraine, he should be accommodated in Jonny's back room team, if that's possible.

Rawhide

How is McBride qualified for the position more than McGoldrick. McBride got Loul to a final I heard someone say. Seriously his record doesn't stack against McGoldrick. Infact I think  McGoldrick is just what we need. A calm personality with a persuasive nature who has demonstrated his quality year in and out. His achievements with Coleraine are outstanding.  Mc Goldrick also has the time to committ to the job full time. No brainer for me
cccc is a true supporter lol

Silver hill

How does anyone get experience without getting the chance? I don't doubt Seán has the experience but Jonny would have excellent ideas on how the game is played, he would command respect and he would surround himself with the right people. Zero ego and would be taking the job for the right reasons. A very important decision for us.

Rawhide

Derry can't afford another novice like McErlean again. So you think we should give it to him to get experience 🙈🙈🥴 where have u based your theory that he has great ideas on how the game should b played ( jesus wept). I think its a massive risk. Mc Bride didn't cut the mustard in Tyrone club football. Mc Erlean had more intercounty experience than McBride. No its an easy decesion, aldo hear that Peter Doherty is on Seans ticket. Former Tyrone u21 manager and Kilrea manager who took Kikrea to the county final  V Ballinderry. Strong team with lots of genuine experience.
cccc is a true supporter lol

braveheart

Are Quigan relegated to junior football?

Will it ever end

Quote from: braveheart on August 25, 2019, 05:32:58 PM

Yes - but I think will play in the intermediate championship next year.

braveheart

Quote from: Will it ever end on August 25, 2019, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: braveheart on August 25, 2019, 05:32:58 PM

Yes - but I think will play in the intermediate championship next year.
Gaelic football is extremely odd ATM. From being in an Intermediate final to dropping to junior football in 1 season. Kilrea dropped to the intermediate league last year and Dungiven have dropped to intermediate this year.

Silver hill

rawhide, Jonny was involved with fermanagh along with Malachy o'rourke. He was successful with Galbally despite what you say. He's Derry to his core and will bring a level of integrity and professionalism. More importantly, as a people manager, he has a presence. It is utterly inconceivable that we are even thinking about taking in a mercenary that fermanagh cast adrift.