Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

gallsman

Winnie Peg

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2010, 04:27:54 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 02, 2010, 02:56:39 PM
...and Fermanagh  ;)

Neither Rory or Ronan covered themselves in glory on Saturday!

Rory gave a good exhubition during our National Anthem. ;)

T Fearon

Train booked for March 17 and lower Cusack tickets in hand!

longrunsthefox

Lucky you Tony as think the hurling final could be something special... Henry V Joe 

Minder

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 02, 2010, 08:09:29 PM
Lucky you Tony as think the hurling final could be something special... Henry V Joe

Have a feeling Ballyhale will turn them over. Decent price too.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Minder on March 02, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Have a feeling Ballyhale will turn them over. Decent price too.

Same as, Ballyhale are still smarting from last year...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

Whatever way it goes, the hurling final will be a hell of a lot closer than last year's one sided affair which Portumna had won after 20 minutes.

gallsman

That statement does a disservice to a lot of players on two of the best club teams ever seen. This match will be about a lot more than Shefflin and Canning. Still think Portumna's pace will win it for them up front again like last year, although would love to see the Shamrocks do it.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on March 02, 2010, 08:06:55 PM
Train booked for March 17 and lower Cusack tickets in hand!

Double check the date, Tony. You know your history on this.

T Fearon

Its an easy one this:

17th March, St Patrick's Day, All Ireland Club Finals, same every year ;D

gallsman

Here we are then, two days to go until the day that Paul Gribben/Veronica never believed would come again when inconsolable  back in the club on the night of St. Patrick's Day four years - the day he gets to play in Croke Park again.

Personally I believe that, if we play our best football, we'll win. Not easily, but we'll win. I think we're the better all-round team with better individual players. I can't see KI stopping the runs of the two Kellys and Anto from the half back line and I think we've definitely got more scoring power up front. I've shipped abuse on this board before for describing CJ as one of the best young players in the country, but he has a chance to prove it on Wednesday. He's more than capable of doing so. Us by 3/4.

Marty Morrissey did a sickening piece for Sunday Sport where he went and interviewed prominent figures from both clubs with "You raise me up" playing in the background. Awful stuff altogether. At the end of it, Kevin McStay picked KI to just edge it. Didn't really back it up with much, but thinks they'll hunt our lads down in packs.

In the hurling, as much as I'd love to see Ballyhale win it and despite the presence of Shefflin, Cha, Fennelly and the Reids, I can only see Portumna winning it. Not by as much as last year's semi-final, but they simply have too much threat up front and two much ability at the back to stop the Shamrocks. Portumna by 5.

Canalman

Will be delighted either way after the football final. Think that Quilty will win this game and a tad easier than most think. They are a very good team with their better subs to see them through the last 15mins. Honestly think SG had their chance against Salthill when imo they were by far the better team. The West Clare lads to prevail.

Quilty by 4points .

Potrumna will imo destroy Ballyhale in the hurling. From what I have seen of Ballyhale on TG4 this season they are a team on the sllide.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: gallsman on March 15, 2010, 05:09:08 PM
Here we are then, two days to go until the day that Paul Gribben/Veronica never believed would come again when inconsolable  back in the club on the night of St. Patrick's Day four years - the day he gets to play in Croke Park again.

Personally I believe that, if we play our best football, we'll win. Not easily, but we'll win. I think we're the better all-round team with better individual players. I can't see KI stopping the runs of the two Kellys and Anto from the half back line and I think we've definitely got more scoring power up front. I've shipped abuse on this board before for describing CJ as one of the best young players in the country, but he has a chance to prove it on Wednesday. He's more than capable of doing so. Us by 3/4.

Marty Morrissey did a sickening piece for Sunday Sport where he went and interviewed prominent figures from both clubs with "You raise me up" playing in the background. Awful stuff altogether.
At the end of it, Kevin McStay picked KI to just edge it. Didn't really back it up with much, but thinks they'll hunt our lads down in packs.

In the hurling, as much as I'd love to see Ballyhale win it and despite the presence of Shefflin, Cha, Fennelly and the Reids, I can only see Portumna winning it. Not by as much as last year's semi-final, but they simply have too much threat up front and two much ability at the back to stop the Shamrocks. Portumna by 5.

As much as Marty is harsh on the ears I thought the interview with the fisherman was heart rendering and overrode all the production, etc on his report. As someone who always enjoyed a battle against the townies and for that fisherman I hope KI sneak it but certainly wouldn't begrudge Galls their first AI title. I hope Portumna stuff Ballyhale but I think Ballyhale will be that bit hungrier than them. If its close I fancy Ballyhale to sneak it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

dowling

Potentially two great matches in store tomorrow. Hard to see if Ballyhale will have found something on last year but how could you write off a Kilkenny team? Still I'd give Portumna the nod.
Some impressive stats about Kilmurry, particularly their defensive record and some may underestimate their achievement in reaching the final and what they will bring to the game. From what I've seen of the Belfast club they're defensively strong also but maybe prone to the odd lapse. But St Galls finished Ulster well and if their forwards don't show the indiscipline they have previously I'd give them the nod also.