Armagh v Tyrone [Athletic Grounds, Sun 5th June, 1.30]

Started by tiempo, May 23, 2022, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Oisin O'Neill has hurt the ankle/achilles throughout the year hence his lack of involvement. He won't play this season again to give it the best chance to fully recover.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

David McKeown

Is Brian Kennedy available for selection?  What happened after his sending off v Derry
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

God14

Quote from: David McKeown on May 31, 2022, 10:13:47 PM
Is Brian Kennedy available for selection?  What happened after his sending off v Derry

He's suspended

Applesisapples

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 31, 2022, 08:23:34 AM
Quote from: Armamike on May 31, 2022, 01:04:04 AM
Maybe the team themselves are but I haven't met any supporters who would share that optimism. Any confidence drained after the last match, which was disheartening.
Yeah the Donegal result and moreso performance really killed a lot of optimism about this Armagh side. The fact we're missing at least 3 starters to nasty long term, freak things is a disaster but for all 3 making a full recovery is more important than football. Doesn't help that a huge problem of ours is winning kickouts and the 3 lads are excellent fielders.
Every county in the country bar Armagh have a kickout strategy that allows them to mix it up and not rely just on high fielders. I don't understand why we are so shit at it. It is something that should be bread and butter in training. Donegal exposed the fact that Armagh are some ways and a few additional players off the pace. I hope for the win but dread a pasting.

Ethan Tremblay

As the game is drawling closer I am getting more apprehensive as to Armaghs chances.  I would say Armagh underperformed against Donegal big time and never capitalised on their chances.  Derry had Tyrone in their crosshairs and execute their game plan to perfection, so its hard to know where Tyrone are atm still. 
I reckon both teams will feel they have the beating of one another, so they will go out and give it a good lash.  Would expect this to go down to the wire and be minimal in it.   
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Farrandeelin

Lots of béal bochting going on here. Orior has Tyrone to win by 9 in the prediction thread.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orior

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 01, 2022, 09:33:52 PM
Lots of béal bochting going on here. Orior has Tyrone to win by 9 in the prediction thread.

As someone else inferred, we peaked half way through the league.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armamike

Quote from: Orior on June 01, 2022, 09:44:44 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 01, 2022, 09:33:52 PM

As someone else inferred, we peaked half way through the league.

At least we did peak.
That's just, like your opinion man.

WT4E

We take our suspensions!!!!

armaghniac

Quote from: God14 on May 31, 2022, 10:38:42 PM

He's suspended

That should reduce the average height, just the usual diving midgets then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: WT4E on June 01, 2022, 10:26:16 PM

We take our suspensions!!!!

hmmmmmmmmm

illdecide

There is always a big game in Armagh and hopefully this Sunday is it. However, I don't think it will be. We are missing a few players and seem to be low on confidence atm, KMcG has to start Campbell and should he play him on edge of the square and let him roam about so be it. He's deadly in front of goal and will give us something more than J Hall will in attack although i know he's in there for work rate etc and not his scoring ability, I don't like to say this but this could be a comfortable 5-6 pt win for Tyrone. We need to score goals and score them early to have them rattled, i'll still be there cheering them on hoping for a win and hoping my predication is wrong.

What's the odds of the winner drawing Donegal in next round?.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

I really don't see a big margin win for either side that some on here have predicted, this game is going to go down to the wire and it could take extra time. I'd be quietly confident of a narrow Armagh win but not overly so either, as my prediction is based on Tyrone showing the same level as they have all season. If they pull out a performance like they did in the latter stages of last seasons championship then Armagh will not beat them.  The strength of each bench could well prove important and given that it has been so long since either side played a match, we don't really know either the shape or personnel that each side might contain. Armagh would appear to have ignored the media for much of this season so we don't really hear anything from the camp at all and it wouldn't surprise me to see another dummy team named in advance.

There will be no love lost between either side, particularly after Tyrone couldn't take their beating in the League and tried to reduce the game to MMA wrestling in injury time when the game was up. I see that Coldrick is down to referee the match so hopefully he will clamp down on Tyrone's ill discipline if they try to start anything up again.