Started by armaghniac, October 09, 2013, 11:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Good thread on boards.ie about Ireland's grimmest place on Streetview

some of the usual suspects
Limerick & Limerick

Ballyfermot

Range Rover country in Kildare

Athlone (but not the plush Rossie side, of course)

and storied Dungannon
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Lecale2

Strabane usually gets a mention.

Gold

None as bad as estates in Belfast that look like the 1st Limerick picture but have rotten, intimidating, washed out murals of gunmen etc. Rank.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Billys Boots

Why is this happening again when everyone knows it's Granard.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 10, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

That was inevitable! 

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 10, 2013, 09:22:36 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 10, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

That was inevitable!

Will somebody think of the (Tuam) children?
MWWSI 2017

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 10, 2013, 07:38:34 AM

I don't know why. It's not the worst on a sunny day. For being in such a nice county Letterkenny is a mess. The greater Shantallow area of Derry is just a sea of misery. And Belfast is like a big polished turd. The politicians keep throwing disproportinate money at the place and it doesn't seem to improve.

theticklemister

Oakleaf, go and stick your f**king opinions up your hole

OakleafCounty

Quote from: theticklemister on October 10, 2013, 09:36:44 AM
Oakleaf, go and stick your f**king opinions up your hole

No need for that! Do you have a point to make or are you just an internet hardman? 

J OGorman

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 10, 2013, 09:34:56 AM

I don't know why. It's not the worst on a sunny day. For being in such a nice county Letterkenny is a mess. The greater Shantallow area of Derry is just a sea of misery. And Belfast is like a big polished turd. The politicians keep throwing disproportinate money at the place and it doesn't seem to improve.

absolute dung. As city working class areas go, Shantallow is far far removed from a sea of misery. a few areas of the city on both sides of the river are definitely lacking in the funding front, but not the one you had a 'guess' at

nrico2006

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 10, 2013, 09:34:56 AM

Belfast is an eyesore.  I don't know who conducts these surveys or is it simply lazy research because I have been around a lot of towns and Strabane would be one of the nicer ones.  Lurgan on the other hand is a dump.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

You wouldn't find much grimmer than Larne.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: J OGorman on October 10, 2013, 09:43:21 AM
absolute dung. As city working class areas go, Shantallow is far far removed from a sea of misery. a few areas of the city on both sides of the river are definitely lacking in the funding front, but not the one you had a 'guess' at

A guess? I'm not just talking about Shantallow estate. The whole area from Pennyburn roundabout to Skeoge is generally known as the greater Shantallow area. And grim doesn't necessarily mean poverty stricken. It's just a sea of endless housing estates and little else. I wouldn't live there for free. Nothing against the people so don't take it so personally, it's a product of bad planning.