La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I asked what was wrong with Guillem and you said he's Spanish...

Orangemac

Unfortunately I don't have Sky Sports so I cannot follow La Liga in any great detail.

Is there an argument to be made that Barcelona are playing too well at the moment?

It is hard to see who can beat them at the minute but you just wonder come Champions league QFS/SFS in March/April could they come undone against a well organised defensive unit?

A bit like New Zealand between rugby world cups.

On Ronaldo he is a dick but what a player. His goals record over the last 4 seasons is unreal.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on January 10, 2011, 10:49:13 PM

Spanish Dunphy i said
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Quote from: ross4life on January 10, 2011, 11:25:07 PM

Spanish Dunphy i said

Ah right you were trying to imply that he's the Spanish equivalent of Eammon Dunphy.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on January 10, 2011, 11:25:50 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 10, 2011, 11:25:07 PM

Spanish Dunphy i said

Ah right you were trying to imply that he's the Spanish equivalent of Eammon Dunphy.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gold

f**k me Gallsman would you ever get off your high horse
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orangemac on January 10, 2011, 11:22:07 PM
Unfortunately I don't have Sky Sports so I cannot follow La Liga in any great detail.

Is there an argument to be made that Barcelona are playing too well at the moment?

It is hard to see who can beat them at the minute but you just wonder come Champions league QFS/SFS in March/April could they come undone against a well organised defensive unit?

On Ronaldo he is a dick but what a player. His goals record over the last 4 seasons is unreal.
According to Andy Grey Stoke City would beat them! :D

Boycey

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 11, 2011, 02:09:49 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on January 10, 2011, 11:22:07 PM

According to Andy Grey Stoke City would beat them! :D

Not a fan of Andy Gray but I'm not sure thats exactly what he said.

paco

It was something along the lines of "he's a great player, but could he do it in the Premier League? I'd like to see him performing on a cold, wet night in Stoke the way he does in Spain every week"

gallsman

Quote from: Gold on January 10, 2011, 11:48:10 PM
f**k me Gallsman would you ever get off your high horse

High horse? What? Away and f**k.

ross4life

Worth pointing out in his last season for United Ronaldo struggled for form away from home (in the league) he only scored v West Brom

You could ask the question where would Real Madrid be without him this season? he seems to be carrying the team & they better hope he doesn't get injured like HiguaĆ­n

gallsman

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on January 11, 2011, 07:13:01 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 11, 2011, 07:10:20 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 11, 2011, 07:02:39 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 11, 2011, 02:30:51 PM
Not a fan of Andy Gray but I'm not sure thats exactly what he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gop7ZLIL-g&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for proving my point

The one I didn't contest? You're welcome. Always happy to help a friend in need.

But I wasn't making the point to you I was making it to Applesisapples, so thank you.