Roscommon v Mayo Connacht final 2011

Started by ross4life, June 24, 2011, 07:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: western exile on July 05, 2011, 08:47:53 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 05, 2011, 05:58:30 PM
Quote from: western exile on July 05, 2011, 05:56:01 PM
Result of challenge game at the weekend  Ros Comáin 0-12   An Dún 1-13
Are you sure that's correct? from what i hear only two points between the sides.
If you know some detail about this match, what secrets are you keeping from the Mayo posters?   ;)  :D
Like i said i heard we lost by 2pts if i had further details i would post them like i normally do. Where did you get the result from?

Anyways challenge games mean feck all, sure in 09 before ye hammered us you were well beaten by Louth.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

spuds

Quote from: Ryano on July 05, 2011, 05:21:57 PM
Quote from: spuds on July 05, 2011, 12:20:28 AM
Disgraceful personal attack on Conor Mort Ryano, not quoting you as think they should be removed. Banter is all good and well but that sort of shit is uncalled for. Play the game not the man.

Eh? I don't post here that often but I have seen a hell of a lot worse things put up about players then my comments. A hell of a lot worse. I'm at a bit of a loss why you would get your knickers in a twist over that. "The Mort" I'm sure has laughed off worse comments and was not lying awake last night fretting over me.
When you compared your comments to the lowest ones on this board you did well. "The Mort" is not everyones cuppa tae but is often kids favourite player and signs away autographs to beat the band. He is much in demand by media and gets the exposure he loves, good luck to him. That you take pop shots at his character from second hand pub gossip says it all, he is not one of the herd you so admire and love.......the herd of sheep !!
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Blowitupref

Quote from: spuds on July 05, 2011, 11:23:36 PM
Disgraceful personal attack on Conor Mort Ryano, not quoting you as think they should be removed. Banter is all good and well but that sort of shit is uncalled for. Play the game not the man.

Eh? I don't post here that often but I have seen a hell of a lot worse things put up about players then my comments. A hell of a lot worse. I'm at a bit of a loss why you would get your knickers in a twist over that. "The Mort" I'm sure has laughed off worse comments and was not lying awake last night fretting over me.
When you compared your comments to the lowest ones on this board you did well. "The Mort" is not everyones cuppa tae but is often kids favourite player and signs away autographs to beat the band. He is much in demand by media and gets the exposure he loves, good luck to him. That you take pop shots at his character from second hand pub gossip says it all, he is not one of the herd you so admire and love.......the herd of sheep !!

I'm nearly sure it's a herd of cattle/cows & a flock of sheep.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

spuds

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 05, 2011, 11:35:53 PM

I'm nearly sure it's a herd of cattle/cows & a flock of sheep.
Well spotted.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mjg

Lol mayos even make a balls of there insults

highorlow

QuoteLol mayos even make a balls of there insults

There do indid  :o
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

muppet

Quote from: highorlow on July 06, 2011, 12:02:13 AM

How their they!
MWWSI 2017

mannix

Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2011, 01:08:14 AM

How their they!
How dare they.
Just fixed that one for you.

Tubberman

Quote from: mannix on July 06, 2011, 01:14:29 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2011, 01:08:14 AM

How their they!
How dare they.
Just fixed that one for you.

How they're they. Refixed.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Chéad rogha

Chr!st there seems to be alot of arguing on this board about damn all....Back to the impending match. Whilst there was alot wrong with mayo against galway the one thing that struck me about this group was the workrate in that match. It started with Alan feeney robbing a ball under the stand and everyone else seemed to take the lead from there. Marker set down early. If this group is going to continually work as hard under JH then we should get the max out of the players we have. The starting point for any team should be a strong work ethic. and boy will we need one in the hyde.
Like most am expecting a really close game. I think Ronan McGarrity has a huge role to play at some stage, would like to see him starting if fit. Would fear that the rossies have 2\3 on form forwards wholl be difficult to hold, particularly with some question marks over a couple of our backline. With that said we'll need our freetaker(s) on form this time to keep the scoreboard ticking over. Im confident enough that we have the leaders in moran and dillon to sort the freetaking out. Twas very noticable the last day how much of a leader andy has become in this team, particularly in the first half when things weren't going right - he was the one cajoling, encouraging.
Anyway cant wait for the throw in and tis good to add to the mayo invasion here ;)

RedandGreenSniper

If it is fighting you're looking for, Newstalk's Off The Ball Roadshow is live in Ballaghaderreen this Monday evening. It could be a good time for us Mayos to liberate the town from the Rossie strain!

David Brady and Shane Curran are the special guests. Not withstanding Curran's madness, I know who I'd rather have in my corner if things get hairy!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Blowitupref

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 08, 2011, 05:46:30 PM
If it is fighting you're looking for, Newstalk's Off The Ball Roadshow is live in Ballaghaderreen this Monday evening. It could be a good time for us Mayos to liberate the town from the Rossie strain!

David Brady and Shane Curran are the special guests. Not withstanding Curran's madness, I know who I'd rather have in my corner if things get hairy!

Curran caused a stir the last time he was on newstalk. 2006 before the Mayo v Dublin semi final.. he was on the show with Charlie Redmond & Redmond was being interviewed by Ger Gilroy, Gilroy trying to pin Charles down on exactly what level of luminescence would be achieved by those brilliant boys in blue on Sunday. Charles reached deep into the cliché box, and started firing them out. They'll need to be up for this one Ger. Take nothing for granted. If they don't play for the full seventy minutes they'll lose. Make no mistake about it, this is a good Mayo team.

"That's funny," says Curran. "Charlie was telling me in the green room that Mayo would be doing well to score eight points on Sunday."
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

parkoncrokie

Quote from: mjg on July 05, 2011, 11:55:58 PM
Lol mayos even make a balls of there insults

Not a  nice thing to say but for sure the hard core Mayoman/woman would
distance themselves from below the belt comments such as that. anyway
this time next week the big day will be upon us and  depending on which
Mayo turn up Im looking foreward to a mighty tussle for the nestor cup.
no doubt Ros will be tough and if Mayo can play for 70mins like the 2nd half
against Galway in the semi then they could be near the Rossies. hope the game
is a good one for the representation of connaught point of view

parkoncrokie

how ja get yar wan ta do tha

Atticus_Finch

I see the game is being played at Dr Hyde park - how much of an advantage would that be to Roscommon do you think ?

The reason i ask is because I backed Roscommon for Connaught at 10/1 before the start of the championship on the basis that they had an easy enough path to the final.

Stuck £25 on it. Now they are there i'm almost tempted to completely hedge it and stick potential winnings on Mayo.

I'd be looking at the outright market (i.e. to lift the cup) if i do hedge it, as i'd wanna take the danger of a draw out of the equation !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."