Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: Nimbus on March 31, 2008, 12:48:23 PM
Quote from: Candyman on March 31, 2008, 12:46:19 PM
I just know the man im thinking of has a lot of property dealings of which a number of high profile cases are in the armagh area....

So you don't know for 100% sure?

Obviously I dont know its him for sure, but as I didnt first start the rumour it could be anyone of a panel of 30?!?!?!?!
As stated, I think its best left to the papers...   :-\

Seany

Exactly.  I just don't know why we Irish have an attitude of barely concealed glee at others perceived misfortune.  There has been enough inuendo about this matter for all readers to get a picture of exactly you are talking about.  It is probably rubbish, as is most rumours about county players.  Think of the famous Oisín ones.  After that episode we should have learnt our lesson about rumours by now.  The minute you hear a rumour like that, you should see it exactly for what it is -a pathetic attempt by some begrudger to break the heart of someone they are jealous of.  If this rumour is right, we should be hoping the person in question gets back on his feet as soon as possible.  Our county players are our heroes - men who give up their time and energy to succeed wearing our jersey. When they succeed we should be happy for them.  I'm not saying the original poster was gleefully ripping asunder a man's integrity, but be sure that those who took the story and are spreading it round the country are putting their own spin on it for their own purposes.  Each county panel will have its fair share of rumours - and when they go away on tour with wives and girlfriends on tow, it totally feeds the rumour mill.  Clare hurlers suffered from this as did Derry footballers, down footballers - all around salacious stuff, wives in bed with others, women being beaten - all pure dung, but very juicy gossip.  If you hear any rumour like that, just scotch it immediately as vicious jealousy and tell the person who told you that you will say to the subject of the rumour that you heard it from them.  Then watch the colour their cowardly faces change.   

Nimbus

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Mutley

Quote from: Seany on March 31, 2008, 04:26:24 PM
Exactly.  I just don't know why we Irish have an attitude of barely concealed glee at others perceived misfortune.  There has been enough inuendo about this matter for all readers to get a picture of exactly you are talking about.  It is probably rubbish, as is most rumours about county players.  Think of the famous Oisín ones.  After that episode we should have learnt our lesson about rumours by now.  The minute you hear a rumour like that, you should see it exactly for what it is -a pathetic attempt by some begrudger to break the heart of someone they are jealous of.  If this rumour is right, we should be hoping the person in question gets back on his feet as soon as possible.  Our county players are our heroes - men who give up their time and energy to succeed wearing our jersey. When they succeed we should be happy for them.  I'm not saying the original poster was gleefully ripping asunder a man's integrity, but be sure that those who took the story and are spreading it round the country are putting their own spin on it for their own purposes.  Each county panel will have its fair share of rumours - and when they go away on tour with wives and girlfriends on tow, it totally feeds the rumour mill.  Clare hurlers suffered from this as did Derry footballers, down footballers - all around salacious stuff, wives in bed with others, women being beaten - all pure dung, but very juicy gossip.  If you hear any rumour like that, just scotch it immediately as vicious jealousy and tell the person who told you that you will say to the subject of the rumour that you heard it from them.  Then watch the colour their cowardly faces change.   

Well said seany. Some of the clowns on this thread should be ashamed of themselves.

Real1995

we are here for debate not gossipin like aul grannies.....
Nice guys always finish second!

illdecide

i take it it's all systems go for Sunday lads?? Hope that rain stays away as our pitch is not to good at the minute. And wouldn't want to travel to Cross for them to tell us their pitch is waterlogged as well ;) ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Does the B League start tomorrow night?

gander

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 01, 2008, 12:40:38 PM
Does the B League start tomorrow night?

The mid armagh B league starts tomorrow night anyway.  Although I'd say a lot of games will be called off because of poor conditions.

illdecide

I just read the Irish News and noticed Mr J McKee is ref for our game. Thats the 1st time he has done a Clans senior game from that controversial game with Dromintee (3-4 years ago)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Round 2 of the Boyle Transport All County Leagues, scheduled for Sunday 13 th April , will now take place on Saturday 12 th April at 6.00pm .  This decision has been reached by the CCC to ensure no clash with the Armagh v Dublin? fixture on 13 th April at Crossmaglen.

armagh leg-end

Madden b's vs Tullysaran b's is now in Rapparees Park, Madden at 6.30pm!
Ard Mhacha Abu

armaghtrue

what is the story with the orchardcounty.com website,  went to check it out there and its suspended. anybody know the craic ??? ??? ???

Donagh

armaghtrue