Game of Thrones spoilers

Started by Denn Forever, June 12, 2015, 01:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on June 23, 2015, 12:25:37 AM
Everything that goes on is secondary to Ice vs Fire, meaning anyone with Targaryen blood will be crucial. There are three dragons who would each require a rider. Dany is obviousy one. There is more than enough evidence to suggest Jon is a Targ, so he'd be a possible candidate and the same, in the books at least, applies to Tyrion. In the books there's another pretty much confirmed Targaryen that the show has bypassed altogether.

Did Dany's ma die in childbirth? If she did then she's something in common with Jon and Tyrion...

gallsman

Yes, although the assumption above is that R+L=J is true.

There are some theories about Tyrion's parentage too that add weight to the case for him being a Targ - Tywin's hatred of him, "you're no son of mine", the Mad King having an obsession with Tywin's wife etc

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on June 23, 2015, 12:25:37 AM
Everything that goes on is secondary to Ice vs Fire, meaning anyone with Targaryen blood will be crucial. There are three dragons who would each require a rider. Dany is obviousy one. There is more than enough evidence to suggest Jon is a Targ, so he'd be a possible candidate and the same, in the books at least, applies to Tyrion. In the books there's another pretty much confirmed Targaryen that the show has bypassed altogether.

In fairness if Bran doesn't warg into one of the dragons at some point his powers and story make no sense, particularly now he's pretty much alone north of the Wall with the White Walkers.

Tyrion not being a Lannister makes his whole arc and story carry far less weight, I just don't buy it. Tywin hated him because he's a orney dwarf that doesn't care terribly about the family's image, which is exactly what Tywin was obsessed by.

gallsman

I don't think it would at all - if he turns out to be a Targ, that's doesn't affect anything to date. The man he is has been shaped by his experience as a Lannister.

Agree Bran has to be involved at some point, although how I don't know. I wasn't overly fond of his "journey to turn into a tree" angle in the last couple of books but it must be going somewhere. At the end of the day, Bran is now the rightful Lord of Winterfell and i suspect that will be his ultimate destiny. Arya has to go somewhere too I guess. Her direwolf is also alive in the Riverlands which will have some part to play.

Bingo

There is loads of comments passed to Jon Snow and Tyrion that put question marks over their parenthood.

And I've read that Martin has a clear finish in mind that he has discussed with the TV showrunners, so that is why he has let some artistic licence and let them get ahead of the books to the end game along these lines.

For such a clear finish to be in place suggests that it is already a plot line, albeit not as obvious as others.

I certainly think there is some connection between the three.

gallsman

In the books Tyrion also escapes greyscale when saved by Connignton, which could be due to Targaryen blood.

The only major spanner in the works of it fitting together nicely like that in the books is the presence of Aegon. If he's legit, then that confuses things a bit.