Mayo v Galway 26.6.11

Started by Blowitupref, May 30, 2011, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on June 14, 2011, 09:47:25 AM
Seafoid , you can bet your life on it that that's what will happen.
Sure we have a cheek even thinking of turning up to dare challenge one of the BIG2
Everyone knows the real Connacht Final is the Galway/Mayowestrossouthsligoinishbofin game  ::)
rossfan

You HAVE to be winning Connacht titles when the big 2
who own the championship are so shite.  Especially Galway.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: highorlow on June 14, 2011, 09:51:47 AM
Armstrong out. The hammer.

What else? I'd wonder would he contemplate jacking it in altogether? His hamstrings seem to go 2 or 3 times a year. Must be awful frustrating for him.

QuoteIt is very disappointing to have the hamstring go on me again," he said.

"Mentally it is very tough to deal with - I just seem to be having a bad year with it. I have even been doing yoga two or three times a week to strengthen them as well as extra core work.

"I was on the verge of rejoining the lads in training in the next few days, but I pushed myself a bit hard during rehab on Sunday. I was mad keen to get back in contention for the Mayo game, but in one of those final sprints, I felt it go.

"Hopefully the boys can do the business against Mayo so I will have some chance of targeting a Connacht final as a comeback.

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2011, 11:16:36 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 14, 2011, 09:47:25 AM
Seafoid , you can bet your life on it that that's what will happen.
Sure we have a cheek even thinking of turning up to dare challenge one of the BIG2
Everyone knows the real Connacht Final is the Galway/Mayowestrossouthsligoinishbofin game  ::)
rossfan

You HAVE to be winning Connacht titles when the big 2
who own the championship are so shite.  Especially Galway.

Maybe so ...  but we have a lot of lads with no experience of playing at anything remotely approaching top level Senior Inter County.
I have a fear they could get a rude awakening on 17th July. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

No, Rossfan. roscommon have a great manager and fellas who won an all-Ireland at minor level.
It is bad enough having Mayo with the béal bocht. I'm afraid we can't accept it from Ros as well. 

SLIGONIAN

The Roscommon facade of we are poor relations in Connacht is total BS, rossfan we all know your full sure ye'll win, theres no need for this rubbish of playing down yere chances, once again yer fooling no one. Wheres Beard for a bit of honesty? A few of ye could follow his lead. Roscommon are the best team in connacht in most peoples eyes and i know ye rossies know this but for some reason ye havent the balls to admit it in public and are in engaging in embarrasing and condescending tripe such as the big2, total myth nowadays.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tubberman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 14, 2011, 01:52:11 PM
The Roscommon facade of we are poor relations in Connacht is total BS, rossfan we all know your full sure ye'll win, theres no need for this rubbish of playing down yere chances, once again yer fooling no one. Wheres Beard for a bit of honesty? A few of ye could follow his lead. Roscommon are the best team in connacht in most peoples eyes and i know ye rossies know this but for some reason ye havent the balls to admit it in public and are in engaging in embarrasing and condescending tripe such as the big2, total myth nowadays.

Good to see you around Sligonian. You can provide the commentary from an unbiased, independent viewpoint for remainder of Connacht championship. :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Galway won 2 U21s and a minor in the last five years while Mayowestros ........ah never mind.

Paddypower has us and Mayo at 6/4 and ye lads at 9/4.
If I wasn't from Ros and was a betting man I'd be lumpin it on Galway now as they'll be about 4/7 for the final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2011, 09:00:47 AM

7 freetakers vs Londain. Keeper also hit a 45 ? Aim is to have 15 freetakers starting. Sure Mayo and Galway will have our own little all Ireland in Castlebar as the Tossies have Connacht sewn up.

It would be a laugh if whichever of the very unwell teams that wins  the Mayo Galway match went to Fortress Hyde and beat the Rossies by 15 points and the match was already over after 20 minutes
[/quote]

No it would be a bigger laugh if Galway were to lose a Hyde park Connacht final to a massive underdog for the 2nd time in a row.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

seafoid

Quote from: ross4life on June 14, 2011, 02:03:47 PM

7 freetakers vs Londain. Keeper also hit a 45 ? Aim is to have 15 freetakers starting. Sure Mayo and Galway will have our own little all Ireland in Castlebar as the Tossies have Connacht sewn up.

It would be a laugh if whichever of the very unwell teams that wins  the Mayo Galway match went to Fortress Hyde and beat the Rossies by 15 points and the match was already over after 20 minutes

No it would be a bigger laugh if Galway were to lose a Hyde park Connacht final to a massive underdog for the 2nd time in a row.
[/quote]
That's more like it.  Apart from the massive underdog. Ros will be raging hot favourites for the Connacht final.  Never mind beating Galway  or Mayo GHU - will they ever be good enough to get past the quarter finals ?

ross4life

Sligonian i don't think any rossie will have your confidence from last year (not even Beard) its "one thing thinking your going to win but it's another knowing your going to win".

Seriously we were playing in Div 4 for a reason & i could go on about our results v Galway/Mayo the last 10 years but as rosfan said.....ah never mind.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 14, 2011, 01:01:38 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 14, 2011, 09:51:47 AM
Armstrong out. The hammer.

What else? I'd wonder would he contemplate jacking it in altogether? His hamstrings seem to go 2 or 3 times a year. Must be awful frustrating for him.

QuoteIt is very disappointing to have the hamstring go on me again," he said.

"Mentally it is very tough to deal with - I just seem to be having a bad year with it. I have even been doing yoga two or three times a week to strengthen them as well as extra core work.

"I was on the verge of rejoining the lads in training in the next few days, but I pushed myself a bit hard during rehab on Sunday. I was mad keen to get back in contention for the Mayo game, but in one of those final sprints, I felt it go.

"Hopefully the boys can do the business against Mayo so I will have some chance of targeting a Connacht final as a comeback.

Never seen it happen so many times as it has to this player. Especially as he is relatively young and always seems in impeccable physical condition. Unless he is always rushing his recovery or something...
Its a big plus for Mayo. Armstrong can kick scores and win his own ball. Big loss to Galway.

ross4life

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2011, 02:09:08 PM

That's more like it.  Apart from the massive underdog. Ros will be raging hot favourites for the Connacht final.  Never mind beating Galway  or Mayo GHU - will they ever be good enough to get past the quarter finals ?
[/quote]

Raging hot favourites  :D where work in progress so our target in the next 2/3 years would be winning another Connacht title & winning a game in Croke park so to answer your question..hopefully!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on June 14, 2011, 02:16:28 PM

Sligonian i don't think any rossie will have your confidence from last year (not even Beard) its "one thing thinking your going to win but it's another knowing your going to win".

Seriously we were playing in Div 4 for a reason & i could go on about our results v Galway/Mayo the last 10 years but as rosfan said.....ah never mind.
Totally different roscommon team lad, watching the pressure the leitrim backs were putting on shine and kilbride and yet the just needed a inch of space and over the bar, its nearly impossible to stop them, there size and physicality means they dont even need good ball. Yere defence isnt yer strength but there still solid enough imo, ye'll probably win midifield in the final and thatll do the job for ye.

Ya i know i got carried away last yr like 55,000 others, wont be happening again but it doesnt diguise the fact yer are massively underplaying yer chances on purpose.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross matt

Obviously though "it one thing thinking you can win.... it another thing knowing you can".
We're just not at your level of confidence yet. And how well it served you in fairness......

seafoid

Quote from: ross4life on June 14, 2011, 02:20:04 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2011, 02:09:08 PM

Raging hot favourites  :D where work in progress so our target in the next 2/3 years would be winning another Connacht title & winning a game in Croke park so to answer your question..hopefully!
[/quote]
That sounds very positive. Do you think this team could eventually match the one from the late 70s ?