Cormac Trust & Pieta House Golf Classic.

Started by Bud Wiser, January 22, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Ok, Due to the sad events of the last week I did not want to be posting about golf outings. I have got a few PM's that would indicate that there is still a little bit of confusion about dates and times and the golf outing on 29th, next Saturday.  Also want to give an update of how things are going.

Firstly we received a mail of support from Briget McAnallen and it had the stamp of Tyrone all over it because it was most encouraging and in effect it helped cast aside any doubt that this event must now go ahead. We also received a similar mail from Marie Peelo at Pieta House and they both want to acknowledge and thank www.gaaboard.com for what you are trying to do.

On Saturday next, 29th January there is a mini outing to Johnstown PGA Golf Club. The purpose of this is to garner bodies who will help with the organizeation of the main event in May.  Details are available at www.avonrigolf.com 

Once this outing is over we will announce the details in terms of pricing for the charity event. We already have a fair idea but this outing is a way of extending the courtesy to anyone who feels they can help in any way rather than us been seen to be on a solo run.

The cost of the outing next Saturday is €50.  That price includes a Steak Dinner back at Avon Ri and your round of golf on the PGA Course. There is music that nite with the regular lad playing but as well as that we have got "A Band Named Sue" doing a Johnny Cash thing. If you are from GAABOARD.COM and just want to come and play and go home direct from the golf course after you have had a chat with us about the charity event, then to be fair,  this is what I propose:

Instead of paying €50 we can give you the round of golf for cost at €40, just say GAABOARD.COM when signing in.  If you are prepared to become involved or help in any way in getting teams this is the least we should do for you next Saturday - considering you will have petrol expenses in just coming to the event and are not on €140,000 P.a. like one of our newly appointed managers in the GAA that I was told about last week !!

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Bud Wiser

I sent you a PM Onion Bag on that and now you know.  Do you think he might give a bit of sponsorship to the golf?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

On this http://www.avonrigolf.com/contact.html webpage I tried to set up a CHAT board just for a few days if anyone has any questions about the charity thingy.
Can anyone test drive this for me now?  Scroll down to the lower end of the page.

heffo

Apologies if this has already been answered or is in plain view on the site - but if you're playing Saturday and going straight to the course, is it first come first served on the day for tee times from 11am or whats the story??

Bud Wiser

Well if you want to get out early or late just let me know.  I will put another text box on the website later withy alternative T-times.  What I was hoping was that anyone from gaaboard.com would make themselves known so that we can discuss the big event in May.  Just come along at any time you like.

The only thing I would like is an indication of how many are going back to avon Ri for the steak because it is a pure sin to be slaughtering poor cattle for steaks and then not using them. 

magpie seanie

Many going to this? Looking forward to it myself.

Bud Wiser

Good man Mag's.  Yep, booked out completely.  I think Heffo, Muppet, Bud Wiser and some Buds not so wise will be there.  I also know that there are lads like brokencrossbar, and , indeed many more that will be there in spirit, or in our case, spirits.  However, the main focus is on the big one and yesterday the Mod's gave permission to use their/our board name.  Today was the deadline for advertising artwork for the programs for all games in Croker for the league games.

Here is a draft of the add I did for the programs, not great but when it is final I will put it on the website in file format and hopefully clubs will download it and stick it on their notice boards.

Orior

I want to make sure I get registered for a game on the Friday.

Anyone else wanna make up a liquorice allsorts 4-ball? Duffers, hoors, red-necks welcome.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

magpie seanie

Bud - I for one am very happy with that ad and I'm getting excited about the main event. There will be a lot of work but I really hope we can make this a great success and thanks to the likes of yourself and Conal we've a great launch pad to do so.

Just want to say fair play to the Mods/Admin for running the board and letting the board's name be used to promote this.

Puckoon

Looks like a smashing ad for that Bud - nice work. Big enough undertaking too. I was excited about this when there were talks of it being in March, but since you've all moved it here and there I'll have to look on from afar.

Be around the north in March if anyone wants a puttin' comp for a fiver.

Bud Wiser

Well that add above could have a nice logo like the Evening Herald or Renault or someones company stuck on the bottom as a main sponsor which would only cost them about two grand to have their name on all the programs for all of Dubs home games in Croke Park for hurling and football.   Can someone put up here the home games Dubs have to play between now and 13th May at Croker and if anyone wants to make an offer for their company to be included in the advert as a main sponsor then now is the time to face the puck out.

If anyone can help with the above I'd appreciate it.

As I said, the outing for Saturday is completely sold out so after we are finished eating steak on Saturday evening myself and Magpie and Heffo and Muppet and ...... will work out a price for the big days.  I would expect that a large number of those swinging on Saturday will be putting their names down for the big outing - or they will when I get them pissed and if I even smell the plastic of a credit card they are finished altogether.

So, on Monday then we will start taking bookings and this should be a short excercise. I expect some clubs like St Vincents to put in two teams, a Laois team and one of their own.  Once again, ladies are as welcome as the flowers in May for these outings.  (Had a peculiar request yesterday when a lady registered for Saturday along with another lady and stipulated that her husband was also playing but to make sure she was not on the same team !!)

Please keep in touch with this thread and maybe soon the mods will make it stuck to the top.

heffo

Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 28, 2011, 09:09:08 AM
Can someone put up here the home games Dubs have to play between now and 13th May at Croker and if anyone wants to make an offer for their company to be included in the advert as a main sponsor then now is the time to face the puck out.

19/02/11

Football v Cork
Hurling v Tipp

26/02/11

Football v Kerry
Camogie v KK

20/03/11

Football v Mayo

02/04/11

Football v Down
Hurling v KK

Gaaboardmod3

She's stickied now lads. Looking forward to this. Remember though, a sticky can sometimes be ignored simply because people are used to seeing it, so Bud, I can 'un sticky' it if you think that's happening.

heffo

Well done to Bud & MS on their work so far on this - the ad looks great

Looking forward to the game tomorrow!