Cormac Trust & Pieta House Golf Classic.

Started by Bud Wiser, January 22, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

And what about people who are not part of a pre-arranged team?

I would like to play on the Friday, and dont mind what te tee-off time is (albeit I'll be going for the longest drive - from Belfast).  Is there a pot-luck team section, or should I just go-ahead and register for one?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bud Wiser

What ever about the drive from Belfast Orior I wish everyone had the same drive as you to get involved in this.

In any case there is no problem.  Just fill in the form on-line as a single player then we will get all the single players and make teams out of them.  I will be going in as a single for example so don't worry we will make up teams. 

Thanks.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

Bookings are beginning to trickle in now lads from the on-line booking page at http://www.avonrigolf.com/accommodation.html  Looks like this is gonna be a good one with a fair sprinkling of celebs as well.

Please book your team now, it is only €50 per player in team of four.  When you add in the music and craic and the pints that is great value.   You do not need to pay now, just book your tee time, otherwise we will have a hundred players coming along at the last minute and all wanting the same time.    Help me !!
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

AZOffaly

No hassle with the unofficial handicap Bud?

Bud Wiser

After what I am after watching happen to this country over the last two years an honest declaration of a golf handicap for a charity outing is small cake !!!

What you can do is fill in your handicap of what you think it should be, this will give us an idea, then when we mail each team their final Tee-Time we will confirm what their teams handicap is.   

From tomorrow I will remove a block of tee-times that have been booked and keep doing this until all tee times are gone.  There are just a little more than 90 days left so get booking your time now.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 08, 2011, 10:04:55 AM
After what I am after watching happen to this country over the last two years an honest declaration of a golf handicap for a charity outing is small cake !!!

What you can do is fill in your handicap of what you think it should be, this will give us an idea, then when we mail each team their final Tee-Time we will confirm what their teams handicap is.   

From tomorrow I will remove a block of tee-times that have been booked and keep doing this until all tee times are gone.  There are just a little more than 90 days left so get booking your time now.

Just booked there for Saturday Bud. I only booked for myself at the moment. I'll let you know if I get a team together....

Bud Wiser

Thanks very much.  I'll play you with Dessie & Bertie.

Orior

I've booked for the Friday. It's bound to be the best day weather wise  :)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bud Wiser

OK Lads and lassies,  I am making another appeal now for people to place a booking for this event at www.avonrigolf.com

Bookings are coming in fierce slow and this is putting me under a bit of pressure.  I expect Keaney to collect his firs Leinster Hurling medal this year so he is busy but will reply to all bookings this coming week.   Please select a time from the time sheet at www.avonrigolf.com

You do not have to pay now, just make your booking.

Thanks very much.

AZOffaly

Come on lads. This *is* happening, and Bud is putting a fierce amount of work into it. It's for two great causes, and gives us all a chance to do something worthwhile this year.

It'll be great craic and a good day/weekend, so have a chat with your friends and organise an aul' 4 ball. 50€ for a round of golf, in aid of two great causes, is a rare enough opportunity. To have a chance to partake in something like that with a host of like minded individuals is rarer still.

As I said, this is going to happen, so let's make it something we can be proud of, not something where other people will go 'another one of them internet yokes, all talk, no action'.

magpie seanie

Yeah, agre with the above two posts. This is going to be great craic. I've two groups booked - we're having a lads weekend for all the ex-college crew. Don't get to meet up all that often with wives/kids now on the scene/horizon so this was a great opportunity.

I'd say once the ad appears in the Dubs programmes things wil hot up so GAABoarders have a great chance to "pre-book" if you like. Don't miss out!

Bud Wiser

Yeah.  Thats the type of talk I want to hear.  Get 'er lit up and keep 'er lit.  President Cooney has now made a promise to attend providing there is no clash in his calendar and if we can get the bookins in we can concentrate on the real job of making it a weekend to remember.   Remember, as Magpie said, it is only €50 per game when other golf classics were costing about €700 per team.  If someone makes just one booking today it will make a difference to both charities. 

Bud Wiser

I was just thinking, what type of band should we get for the nights on Friday & Saturday.

I was thinking of getting these lads   http://www.nafiannamusic.com/

If you click on their biography tab there are four senior hurlers there so they should be able to keep it pucked out or is Na Fianna and a few rousing rebel songs not politically correct these days.   

They release their new single today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dScrhnaDfTo

Can someone suggest a band or bands for the Friday & Saturday.  Remember, they have to be affordable bands.   

heffo

Will you pm me your number Bud and I'll give you a shout tomorrow to sort out a few things.

I'll be playing after lunch Friday, staying over and playing Saturday.

Bud Wiser

Sorry Heffo, and anyone else.  I will be out of action for two days, going into Hospital tomorrow 12pm after which I will be in la-la land for a day.
Conal can be contacted at 045-900670 though and bookings can be made on line. My number is 086-8219900.

Thanks to everyone who is helping with this.  I will contact ye when I come out of my snooze on Tuesday.