Tír Eoghain vs Ciarraí

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2007, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tieroan on March 28, 2007, 09:43:51 AM
I heard this morning that Conor Gormley has a broken wrist? Anyone know anything abpout it?

According to the BBC:

Defender Conor Gormley is likely to be available for Saturday night's crunch tie with Kerry in Tralee after a staved thumb forced him to miss the weekend win over Limerick.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mr. Nakata

If McGinly has recovered from that calf strain, I wonder will he be back at number 3. McMahon could be moved into the middle to try and get to grips with O'Se

realredhandfan

I think the Hub man finished strongly on Sunday in midfield, Dara has yet to get the better of him.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 28, 2007, 01:18:08 PM
I think the Hub man finished strongly on Sunday in midfield, Dara has yet to get the better of him.

Yep, he's a must for the centre -- we badly need that presence there.

Mr. Nakata

I hope you're right. Collie Holmes must be close to a runnout as well. If ever we need to get something from midfield, it's against Kerry. Hopefully, Dooher will start his hoovering soon. He didn't get too break against Donegal at Healy Park and from the Q101 coverage it didn't sound as though he seen too much on Sunday. I suppose it's games that he needs.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on March 28, 2007, 01:28:37 PM
I hope you're right. Collie Holmes must be close to a runnout as well. If ever we need to get something from midfield, it's against Kerry. Hopefully, Dooher will start his hoovering soon. He didn't get too break against Donegal at Healy Park and from the Q101 coverage it didn't sound as though he seen too much on Sunday. I suppose it's games that he needs.

Yeah, Dooher wasn't great on Sunday, gifted possession to Limerick too often.  The workrate and rhythm are increasing though, and he should click into gear anytime now.

nrico2006

QuotePosted by: Fear ón Srath Bán 
Insert
Yeah, Dooher wasn't great on Sunday, gifted possession to Limerick too often.  The workrate and rhythm are increasing though, and he should click into gear anytime now.

Agree.  Hes only back and people have been criticising his performances as if hes never been away.  Give him a few more games and he will be back to his best.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

realredhandfan

Anything we get from Dooher this year will be a bonus considering the mans age and injury etc. Im now starting to believe that Tyrone are in a transitional period and will be for at least one more year.  This period has as much been brought on by horrific bad luck as opposed to players retiring and being over the hill.  All we ask is that everybody gives 100 % out on the field, and we'll not complain.  A lot of these players owe Tyrone football nothing, and they have still their shoulder to the wheel.  A lot of them may not give one ball of blue over the league and only care for the championship.  Whatever it is we'll still field strong come June.     

Star Spangler

From the BBC.

QuoteTyrone boss denies axing reports 

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte has denied reports that he has axed Owen Mulligan and Gerard Cavlan from his squad.
Speculation was fuelled when both players were omitted from the 30-man panel that defeated Limerick on Sunday.

But Harte said that both Mulligan and Cavlan were still a part of the overall squad.

"The decision is based on the inability to take part in recent training sessions. It's a question of selecting 30 committed players," said Harte.

"Recently Owen seems to have been busy with his work and he has missed some crucial training sessions.

"Ger has been picking up a lot of injuries. He hasn't been able to train and he has been spending a lot of time with the physiotherapist," said Harte who categorically denied that the pair had been omitted due to disciplinary reasons.

Mr. Nakata

Humiliation is what I dread. Cork made us look like fools. Kerry could eat us alive. Donegal certainly did lar na pairc!. I wanna see Hub give O'Se his fill of it, will it happen, I don't think so. If hub does the business, I'll be the first man to climb down and say yes, hub for midfield.

Tyrones own

McConnell
       Ricey               Joe McMahon          Carlin

Harte                  Gormley            Justin McMahon

Mellon       Hub (not allowed to shoot)

Dooher               O'Neill             Mulgrew

McCarron             Rouse         Gormley/ McCullagh

Don't see any reason in the world why that team wouldn't give Kerry Problems,
The pessimism is very strange here ???
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ClosetotheHarte

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 29, 2007, 12:38:21 AM

McConnell

I was thinking the same thing myself on the pessimistic tone. Tyrone will be all right - the bad patch has hopefully ended with the Limerick win, albeit an unconvincing win. Meeting Kerry should be enough to lift the whole panel another bit and I'm expecting a close exciting game.
Hopefully Hub can keep improving from here on (I heard once that Dara O Se said Hub was his toughest opponent) and Mellon can keep showing some signs of improvement too.
I'd be happy with most of that team above (particularly the first 12) but with McGuigan now out for another while I'd like to see Mulgrew tried at no. 11. How many of the U21s might be playing this time?
What's the story with Mugsy (and Cavo) and Jordan at the moment? Plus how long more will we be without Cavanagh?

Tyrones own

Actually i would have no problem with Mulgrew in CHF and O'Neill at his familiar 12 to be honest.
It wouldn't do mugsy any harm to be sat down imo, his head does need some sorting out.
Its not like we don't have nifty forwards champing at the bit looking for his position. Mellon might be a good option
to partner Hub, he's tall enough and very strong in the air, he's just not a corner forward and
he'll tell you that himself.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Flirtyflan

Heard tonight that Mickey Murphy has pulled out of the panel

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 29, 2007, 12:38:21 AM

McConnell

True, we're too pessimistic by half, and Hub should be allowed to shoot -- scored a peach at the weekend with his only shot at the sticks, but I think the accuracy might be improving there too.  We may need Mc Ginley in your selection there, just for the presence and graft.