Tír Eoghain vs Ciarraí

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2007, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 27, 2007, 10:22:55 AM
Mulgrew looks like a no 11 to me.  We need Niall Mc Ginn on aagainst Kerry:P

Is he remotely in the frame?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nrico2006

He has the ability, and although not the strongest or biggestit is not a major requirement for the number 11 position.  He has the vision to be a very able replacement while mcguigan is out.  If not Mulgrew, Ger Cavlan certainly has to start at 11.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

So what about this Kerry team? They lined out v Donegal

D Murphy;
M O Se, T O'Sullivan, M Lyons;
T O Se, A O'Mahony, P Reidy;
D O Se, T Griffin;
B Sheehan, S Scanlon, D Walsh;
D Quill, K Donaghy, MF Russell.

With Donaghy out I believe they may be drafting in Declan O'Sullivan for this one. Paul Galvin, Darren and Sean O'Sullivan may well be included if Declan isn't fit yet.

I hate to see the raiding Tomas O Se on the opposing team - always causes us no end of trouble. Who's going to put it up to Dara O'Se? Ricey on Russell? Quill is another handful. We're doomed I tell you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

O neill you have called it.  I believe Tyrone need to field as experimental a team as possible V Kerry.  Because we are for a hammering and believe me Kerry will not go soft on us. Kerry mike must be rubbing his hands with glee seeking revenge for the 2003 and 2005 all ireland defeats.  Give them no moral victory whatsoever.  The Kerry fans who go to the match on Saturday night will be going looking the blood of Tyrone men.  Shame on them all. ;)   
Division 2 football is a certainty for us this after this year.  But we will be back with hope in our hearts. 
Come on Tyrone youre on your own 

Kerry Mike

QuoteO neill you have called it.  I believe Tyrone need to field as experimental a team as possible V Kerry.  Because we are for a hammering and believe me Kerry will not go soft on us. Kerry mike must be rubbing his hands with glee seeking revenge for the 2003 and 2005 all ireland defeats.  Give them no moral victory whatsoever.  The Kerry fans who go to the match on Saturday night will be going looking the blood of Tyrone men.  Shame on them all.

Kerry Cute-hoorism at its greatest. Have you Kerry blood in you RRHF?

One true thing is we wont be going soft on ye. It should make for a physical encounter I'd say. You cant beat a good bit of skelping in March, to warm fellows up on a cold evening, and that's only in the crowd....

We have our problems after last weekends and the Big Don will be a huge loss, would have been interesting to see him against the county that he could have played for.

I would say the Kerry backs will show a change from the Donegal game with possibly Brendan Guiney in for Mossy Lyons. Padraig Reidy will need improvement.The other backs will be as were , but need to see a more competive full back line. Aidan O'Mahony to pick up Stephen O'Neill, should be a good clash. Tomas O'Se is carring an injury so will be a battle for him to be fit.

If Canavan togs out we are togging out Seamus Moynihan.

Midfield will be as was with hopefully a good performance from Darragh O'Se and hopefully he will have the elbows well greased. Tommy Griffin needs to really get stuck in , we were slaughtered at midfield against a physically big Donegal so we need to control the tempo of the game from here to allow a platform for the Kerry forwards.

I'd expect Paul Galvin to start on the wing with Scanlon and Walsh holding onto the other half forward positions. It will be MFR and Quill in the corners and I would think either Sheehan or Sean Sullivan filling in for Donaghy. Seamus Scanlon may also be tried again at 14 and his height might be the key. That would leave possibly Bryan Sheenan at centre forward.

Will see tomorrow what the team will be, Declan O'Sullivan is only back and cant see him being involved.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

The worst thing about a Tyrone/Kerry meeting is the clash of accents. No one can understand the other. I remember going into a shop down there and asking for a Chilly Willy ice-lolly and she gave me a packet of 20 Lambert and Butler and a whoopie cushion. I also played in a band with an oul Kerry lad in Birmingham called Maurice Long with the thickest Kerry accent and him in the Brum for 40 odd years. We ended up using nods as communication for 2 years.

Anyway, RRHF has called it right. Tyrone are in disarray, Kerry are still gurning at the fact that they haven't defeated the Red Hands in championship football since 1986 (last century, 21 years ago).
Don't let the children watch it.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2007, 02:36:50 PM
The worst thing about a Tyrone/Kerry meeting is the clash of accents. No one can understand the other.

And the north Kerry folk haven't a clue what the south Kerry folk are on about, so t'will be mightly craic all round. T'is no wonder they're the kingpins of football, it's the primary means of communication!   ;D

realredhandfan

Will yes bring Sam up to to the pitch to give us a wee look at er. Could be a long time before we'll see her again.   :'(

Kerry Mike

QuoteThe worst thing about a Tyrone/Kerry meeting is the clash of accents. No one can understand the other.

yerra I haven't a clue what ye are on about.

QuoteCould be a long time before we'll see her again

Sam was a male not a Samantha. No wonder ye have only won it twice, its the little things like that, that make a difference.

QuoteWill yes bring Sam up to to the pitch to give us a wee look at er

We might bring it along to Croke Park in September if ye are are around for it.

QuoteAnd the north Kerry folk haven't a clue what the south Kerry folk are on about,

yerra that's the truth so it is.

Quoteand if we tog out frank mcguigan

ye are in more trouble than ye care to admit...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Over the Bar

Mickey shud let them bate us just like in Killarney in 05 to once again lure them into the superiority complex.  Then come the summer there's no doubt they'll be bate by half-time yet again and Paisley will be getting PR snaps with the Sam Maguire before Pat O'Shea's boys have got back as far as Cashel.   The only thing the bogmen will be winning this year is the turf!! 

ziggysego

QuoteThe worst thing about a Tyrone/Kerry meeting is the clash of accents. No one can understand the other.

yerra I haven't a clue what ye are on about.

Wat?

QuoteCould be a long time before we'll see her again

Sam was a male not a Samantha. No wonder ye have only won it twice, its the little things like that, that make a difference.

She could have lost something that defined her as a man, during the many many time Kerry misplaced her

QuoteWill yes bring Sam up to to the pitch to give us a wee look at er

We might bring it along to Croke Park in September if ye are are around for it.

I'll bring the Cremartin Shamrock Cup down for you to see

QuoteAnd the north Kerry folk haven't a clue what the south Kerry folk are on about,

A bit like East and West Tyrone

Quoteand if we tog out frank mcguigan

ye are in more trouble than ye care to admit...

Couldn't be any worst than when Canavan togged out
Testing Accessibility

Mike Sheehy

Quotebefore Jack O'Connors boys have got back as far as Cashel

..are ye playing Dromid next year ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on March 27, 2007, 10:39:32 PM

A bit like East and West Tyrone

Pardon, could you repeat that?  ;)

realredhandfan

In East Tyrone lakes are loughs and cakes are ./...

As for Kerry V Tyrone Id play Rouse at full forward for this game.  O neill is still playing poorly and Mulligan and Harte arent speaking obviously.

tieroan

I heard this morning that Conor Gormley has a broken wrist? Anyone know anything abpout it?