All Ireland Minor Football Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, July 19, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Time to get this up and running now that we know the 8 teams who are in it plus we already know two of the Quarter Final Pairings.
( Syferus - please don't come on motivating the other 7 by telling them that we're the best team in it with the best defence , best midfield and best forwards -  >:()

Date TBC - Saturday August 4th/Monday August 6th, 2012TBCElectric Ireland GAA Football All Ireland Minor Championship

Quarter Final - Roscommonvs.Kerry
Referee: TBC
Extratime playable

Quarter Final - Ulster Winnersvs.Leinster Runners UpTBC
Extratime playable
Quarter Final - Leinster Winnersvs.Ulster Runners UpTB
Extratime playable
Quarter Final-Tipperaryvs.Mayo
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

We're the best team in it with the best defence , best midfield and best forwards.

Oh, and we have the best commentator too.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on July 19, 2012, 02:49:52 PM
We're the best team in it with the best defence , best midfield and best forwards.

And you the best poster  ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 19, 2012, 03:12:55 PM

And you the best poster  ;D

Thanks.

Dinny Breen

Cork haven't won a minor All Ireland for 12 years, Kerry for 17 years, Dublin for 27 years and Donegal have never won it
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 19, 2012, 04:14:52 PM
Cork haven't won a minor All Ireland for 12 years, Kerry for 17 years, Dublin for 27 years and Donegal have never won it
Cork or Donegal won't win it this year either.

ross4life

Minor football isn't all about winning the All Ireland many good team's have tried but failed. Probably one of the most notable minor teams was Galway's, they lost the All Ireland semi final in the mid 90s their team had the likes of Joyce,Savage,Donnellan etc they used the minor experience to produce the goods at senior level.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

People fixate on minor as a bell weather. The work that'll make minors good seniors goes on after their tour of duty at this grade is done.

The teams that succeed at u21 have significantly more correlation to good senior teams but it's obviously not an exact science, though I don't think anyone has claimed it to be such.

Minor is one of the most enjoyable grades of the sport to watch and I'd wish more people would focus on it for what it offers as a grade and not just on what it can maybe offer some nebulous idea of a senior team four or five years in the future.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 19, 2012, 04:59:18 PM
Cork or Donegal won't win it this year either.
Neither will Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

EC Unique

Tyrone will beat Monaghan on Sunday but I don't think they will go any further. Not the same quality throughout the team as the 08/10 teams.

Farrandeelin

Goalie not great then ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

How i see it shaping up.

Semi finals

Tyrone v Tipperary
Dublin v Kerry

Final

Dublin v Tyrone

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 20, 2012, 07:01:05 PM

Goalie not great then ;)

Sure he's only an u16! Related to the great Karol Mango so you can be sure he'll be fearsome come August.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 20, 2012, 07:09:43 PM
How i see it shaping up.

Semi finals

Tyrone v Tipperary
Dublin v Kerry

Final

Dublin v Tyrone

Think Roscommon will beat Kerry. People forget that underage is pretty strong in Connacht although I don't think this is a particularly vintage crop this year.

Seamus

Meath the dark horses, don't be surprised if they beat Dublin. Should make the semi final at least.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".