All Ireland Minor Football Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, July 19, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Canalman on July 22, 2012, 08:42:56 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2012, 08:25:15 PM
I'm wondering if Mayo's game v Tipp will be in Croke Park? Or will they drag the minors and seniors to different venues on different days or will they have us on the same time and different places?

As provincial champions with their hurlers still in the minor championship I sincerely hope the game is fixed at a time and date to suit Tipperary. There imho has to be some sort of incentive to winning the province and if there is any justice the game should be played in Thurles or Cashel.

Imvho of course.

Neutral venues.

Kerry, Tipp, Mayo, Meath and Dublin are still in both so any of

Ros-Kerry
Tipp-Mayo
Dublin-Monaghan
Tyrone-Meath

can be the two lead-ins for the senior QF double bills in Croke Park in two weeks' time. Tipp could lose in R4 and the maths wouln't change, only a Kerry or Meath loss would make what the scheduling will be any clearer.

Onlooker

Paddy Power now has Dublin favourites at 7/4 to win the All Ireland.  I think we all saw that coming.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Onlooker on July 23, 2012, 06:00:10 PM
Paddy Power now has Dublin favourites at 7/4 to win the All Ireland.  I think we all saw that coming.

Tipperary's odds didn't change much if at all? punters reckon a repeat of last year's final however i think Tyrone may have something to say about that.

Boghopper

Are the venues for these games being decided this weekend? Saw highlights of Dublin v Meath. Meath shipped three very soft goals no doubt they will tighten up the next day. Also saw highlights of Tipp v Kerry, Tipperary were very impressive even when they went behind they didn't panic and came back and finished very strong. At the minute I think it'll be a Dublin Tipperary Final.

Rossfan

Venues will be decided when the Senior Draw/Fixtures being made.
With Dublin and Mayowr definitely and Meath/Kerry/Tipp possible doubly engaged some of the Minor QFs may be in Croker.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Dublin , Mayowr and Kerry doubly involved next weekend.
Hopefully we'll get a Croker date now.

ross4life

Our minor game confirmed for Croke park, early throw in time of 12pm  :-\ but at least the 3 games will be value for money
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on July 29, 2012, 06:41:41 PM
Our minor game confirmed for Croke park, early throw in time of 12pm  :-\ but at least the 3 games will be value for money

Happy with 12pm actually, the 2pm, 4pm, 6pm schedule last year meant I had to skip the extra-time in the Donegal-Kildare match to make the bus.  The last game being on at 4pm also means a train journey back is possible too, which is always far more comfortable.

Rossfan

Early start but better than going to Thurles or Ennis.
Should it not be 12 Noon ??? as there's no 12 am or 12 pm
3 games will be some value alright- I suppose Ros will get tickets buried in an out of the way corner  :(
Last year a mate got the tickets off Ros Co Board and when he moaned about the location he was told "Sure what do you expect for Minor tickets" so he shot back - "How about a Minor price ?"  ;D
Might buy on thoul' net but you don't know what sore of gob5h1te you'd be stuck beside for 6 hours.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2012, 07:18:51 PM
Early start but better than going to Thurles or Ennis.
Should it not be 12 Noon ??? as there's no 12 am or 12 pm
3 games will be some value alright- I suppose Ros will get tickets buried in an out of the way corner  :(
Last year a mate got the tickets off Ros Co Board and when he moaned about the location he was told "Sure what do you expect for Minor tickets" so he shot back - "How about a Minor price ?"  ;D
Might buy on thoul' net but you don't know what sore of gob5h1te you'd be stuck beside for 6 hours.

Tell me when you're buying them so I don't accidentally end up beside you. I won't be bringing water-proof clothing and all your sobbing will stain my lovely Hospice jersey.

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2012, 07:03:54 PM

Happy with 12pm actually, the 2pm, 4pm, 6pm schedule last year meant I had to skip the extra-time in the Donegal-Kildare match to make the bus.  The last game being on at 4pm also means a train journey back is possible too, which is always far more comfortable.

It's a suitable time for those that want to travel back on public transport but i always make a weekend of it & will be staying in Dublin for the weekend's action on and off the field  :)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

You'll need rain gear and binoculars if you buy off Co Board Sufferus. And 6 hours beside you would be more than any mortal could bear.
Then again you'll be behind the goals in the kiddies seats with your mammy or daddy  :P
Anyway this is the one we've been waiting for and let's hope we get revenge for 09.
Hopefully the Standard in Connacht will prove to have been decent but you never know at Minor till you meet a team from outside your own province.
We weren't hectic in Connacht ( apart from Leitrim game but a Div 3 club team in Ros would have bet them) but maybe the opposition were good too.

Captain Obvious

Dublin v Monaghan, Newry 5.30pm

Tyrone v Meath, Newry, 7.15pm

Ulster venue for the Ulster teams they have to be happy with that.

timmyot501

So r the games in newry on the sunday evening?