correct
2 (18.2%)
Absolutely
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Bogball XV on January 15, 2011, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2011, 03:14:15 PM
Didn't see it, what was the issue with his line of questioning?
it was the normal shite that many self righteous southerners like to throw out there.  It could have been a carbon copy of his interview with Gerry a year or so ago.  At that time Ryan, somewhat bafflingly failed to see the comparisons between his grandfather's IRA activities in the war of independence and the civil war with those of the IRA after that period.
He was cringeworthily bad last night, I was almost starting to feel sorry for him, but then he continued on pressing to the point of rudeness.

As for Martin he was alright, poor over the Queen, should just have said that as a republican (in the true sense of the word) he is largely indifferent to her.
Tubridy only mentioned Birmingham and Enniskillen. Was waiting for him to mention Bloody Friday, Guildford, La Mons, Darkley, Patsy Gallagher, Frank Hegarty, etc etc ad nauseam. The fact that he didn't, IMO, means that MMcG got off lightly in his attempt to pass himself off as a proper politician.

lawnseed

re-victom status. if i chased your unarmed friend and neighbour up the street and shot them and then shot them while they lay dying then made up a tale about them being a terrorist and then a gov stooge of a judge made up a further lie to say i was right and correct and then it took 30 years and millions of pounds to get someone else to apoligise for me. do you think you still be a bit sore about me? just a little?..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 15, 2011, 08:12:27 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on January 15, 2011, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2011, 03:14:15 PM
Didn't see it, what was the issue with his line of questioning?
it was the normal shite that many self righteous southerners like to throw out there.  It could have been a carbon copy of his interview with Gerry a year or so ago.  At that time Ryan, somewhat bafflingly failed to see the comparisons between his grandfather's IRA activities in the war of independence and the civil war with those of the IRA after that period.
He was cringeworthily bad last night, I was almost starting to feel sorry for him, but then he continued on pressing to the point of rudeness.

As for Martin he was alright, poor over the Queen, should just have said that as a republican (in the true sense of the word) he is largely indifferent to her.
Tubridy only mentioned Birmingham and Enniskillen. Was waiting for him to mention Bloody Friday, Guildford, La Mons, "DARKLEY", Patsy Gallagher, Frank Hegarty, etc etc ad nauseam. The fact that he didn't, IMO, means that MMcG got off lightly in his attempt to pass himself off as a proper politician.
MYLES WHAT DID THE IRA DO IN DARKLEY? BUY EGGS?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lawnseed on January 15, 2011, 08:17:22 PM
re-victom status. if i chased your unarmed friend and neighbour up the street and shot them and then shot them while they lay dying then made up a tale about them being a terrorist and then a gov stooge of a judge made up a further lie to say i was right and correct and then it took 30 years and millions of pounds to get someone else to apoligise for me. do you think you still be a bit sore about me? just a little?..
And if that was the only incident that ever happened, you might have a case. But given that thousands of people lost their lives / limbs / mental health in the course of the'troubles', why the fixation with one particular tragedy? Particularly now that the truth has been uncovered and an apology offered. Is it not time to move on from that one tragedy, or do we have to keep seeking an even better, more grovelling apology? The IRA killed and maimed more people than any other armed group, yet a few posters on here get uptight because Tubridy asked the former Chief of Staff of the IRA a couple of tough questions. FFS!

lawnseed

im gonna be vincent browne for a moment myles WHAT DID THE IRA DO IN DARKLEY? answer the question

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lawnseed on January 15, 2011, 08:40:54 PM
im gonna be vincent browne for a moment myles WHAT DID THE IRA DO IN DARKLEY? answer the question
Judaean Popular Front, Popular Front of Judaea...

What's your point?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 15, 2011, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 14, 2011, 11:06:19 PM
I'm not sure that I'd take seriously any political comment coming from anyone from Mayo the county that gave us Pee Fllynn and his daughter Beverley and Michael Ring

A county that also gave you Seán (Jack) McNeela, Michael Gaughan and Frank Stagg.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/35971

pstg isn't from Mayo at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lawnseed

answer the que.... i'l do it for you
well myles you could simply admit you were wrong? the 'judaean front' you refer to are the same crowd who have issued death threats to guys like gerry adams and martin mcguiness. maybe in 30 years... you'd come clean

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 15, 2011, 09:04:12 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 15, 2011, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 14, 2011, 11:06:19 PM
I'm not sure that I'd take seriously any political comment coming from anyone from Mayo the county that gave us Pee Fllynn and his daughter Beverley and Michael Ring

A county that also gave you Seán (Jack) McNeela, Michael Gaughan and Frank Stagg.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/35971

pstg isn't from Mayo at all.

The point I am trying to make is in regard to Dougals post on Mayo politicians, we might have our fair share of bad corrupt politicians but we also have had our fair share of men that were prepared to die for their political beliefs, some in the not so distant past like Stagg and Gaughan.

PSTG is someone I prefer to ignore.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lawnseed on January 15, 2011, 09:11:11 PM
answer the que.... i'l do it for you
well myles you could simply admit you were wrong? the 'judaean front' you refer to are the same crowd who have issued death threats to guys like gerry adams and martin mcguiness. maybe in 30 years... you'd come clean
...have issued death threats to guys like gerry adams and martin mcguiness...

who, in their day, presided over feud against other republican groupings (Officiial IRA, INLA, IPLO). Popular Front of Judaea, Judaean Popular Front. What's your point?

lawnseed

by his own admission martin mcguiness was in the IRA. who had no involvement in the darkley church massacre yet you for some reason know more than the ruc, special branch, CID.. etc. are there any other crimes you know about perhaps you should phone crimestoppers. PS its anonymous as well

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lawnseed on January 15, 2011, 09:31:47 PM
by his own admission martin mcguiness was in the IRA. who had no involvement in the darkley church massacre yet you for some reason know more than the ruc, special branch, CID.. etc. are there any other crimes you know about perhaps you should phone crimestoppers. PS its anonymous as well
'Was waiting for him to mention Bloody Friday, Guildford, La Mons, Darkley, Patsy Gallagher, Frank Hegarty, etc etc ad nauseam.'

Care to comment on the other atrocities committed by the Popular Front of Judaea / Judaean Popular Front?

lawnseed

i suggest Myles that crime stoppers would put as much faith in your knowledge of past atrocities as NASA would put in your ability to fly the space shuttle. did anyone tell you about the peace process or the good Friday agreement. or even giving someone the benefit of the doubt. tubridys pathetic interview with a major politician on this island and on the world stage merely shows up HIS political bias and cowardice. he made no attempt to unravel or reveal mcguinness' views on any of the relevant issues that effect everyone on this island. instead he went for the queens visit a question to which anyone with half a once of intelligence or a PC would know the answer to and throwing mud. tubridy knows that he or any of his ilk couldn't engage martin mcguinness in a proper political debate because he'd get wiped out.  tubs is a typical rte Fianna fail stooge lacking in imagination preferring to shout from the gallery its sad that a cretin like him is occupying a valueable slot like the late late and helping himself to a huge salary. he typifies everything that is wrong in the 26 counties

Minder

Quote from: lawnseed on January 15, 2011, 10:08:12 PM
i suggest Myles that crime stoppers would put as much faith in your knowledge of past atrocities as NASA would put in your ability to fly the space shuttle. did anyone tell you about the peace process or the good Friday agreement. or even giving someone the benefit of the doubt. tubridys pathetic interview with a major politician on this island and on the world stage merely shows up HIS political bias and cowardice. he made no attempt to unravel or reveal mcguinness' views on any of the relevant issues that effect everyone on this island. instead he went for the queens visit a question to which anyone with half a once of intelligence or a PC would know the answer to and throwing mud. tubridy knows that he or any of his ilk couldn't engage martin mcguinness in a proper political debate because he'd get wiped out.  tubs is a typical rte Fianna fail stooge lacking in imagination preferring
to shout from the gallery its sad that a cretin like him is occupying a valueable slot like the late late and helping himself to a huge salary. he typifies everything that is wrong in the 26 counties

+1
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Take a bow Lawnseed, great post.