Yes
3 (27.3%)
correct
2 (18.2%)
Absolutely
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

ziggysego

Peter, normally I don't take a blind bit of notice to your posts. You're a WUM and to be honest, it can be funny watching the same people fall for it time after time.

However, this week of all weeks. This night of all nights. Please give it a rest.
Testing Accessibility

Ulick

Was looking at the #latelate tag on Twitter while the show was on and was quite surprised by the amount of southerners who were (however begrudgingly) making complimentary comments. I suppose when you put a Bogside man with a semblance of integrity up against the gombeens of FF & FG there's no contest really. Make no mistake, it's the utter greed, selfishness, corruption and 'me fein'-ism of FF & FG that has brought the country to it's knees. McGuinness still lives in the Bogside despite the death threats, returns there every night after work in Belfast no matter the time of night, doesn't run about bullshitting about what they've done for the local pensioners/children/unemployed/three legged men etc... how many FF & FG TDs would do the same, how many of them would put their country before their wage slip?

Precious few.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 14, 2011, 11:06:19 PM
I'm not sure that I'd take seriously any political comment coming from anyone from Castlebar the town that gave us Pee Fllynn and his daughter Beverley and Charlie Haughey.

Fixed that for you

Myles Na G.

Thought MMcG's opposition to a state visit to Ireland by Liz was fairly poor stuff. He cited the fact that the the Prince of Wales is the Commander in Chief of the Parachute Regiment, and that no apology had ever been made by the Royal family for Bloody Sunday. He knows rightly - or should do - that the British royal family isn't permited to get involved in politics. They are figureheads only. The British government does the politics for them and in that context, David Cameron made a fairly decent apology for Bloody Sunday last year, to the extent that the Bloody Sunday families themselves are making this year's commemorative march the final one. They see the matter as closed. Move on, Martin.

Lecale2

Quote from: ziggysego on January 15, 2011, 12:27:10 AM
Peter, normally I don't take a blind bit of notice to your posts. You're a WUM and to be honest, it can be funny watching the same people fall for it time after time.

However, this week of all weeks. This night of all nights. Please give it a rest.

Ignore him.

Farrandeelin

He's not from Mayo either, just to let ye know. That's what he said to me when I vented my spleen to the little hoor once.

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 11, 2010, 04:15:14 PM
Thats my point. Sure I have only ever stopped in Mayo for a day or two.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Zapatista on January 15, 2011, 07:45:30 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 15, 2011, 06:50:39 AM
Thought MMcG's opposition to a state visit to Ireland by Liz was fairly poor stuff. He cited the fact that the the Prince of Wales is the Commander in Chief of the Parachute Regiment, and that no apology had ever been made by the Royal family for Bloody Sunday. He knows rightly - or should do - that the British royal family isn't permited to get involved in politics. They are figureheads only. The British government does the politics for them and in that context, David Cameron made a fairly decent apology for Bloody Sunday last year, to the extent that the Bloody Sunday families themselves are making this year's commemorative march the final one. They see the matter as closed. Move on, Martin.
The Queen is permitted to make an apology if she wants. It's hardly sending them in to war. If she's big enough to hand them out medals then she should be big enough to take them back. THe figure head of a Country not allowed to get involved in apologising ::) f**k me that's some get out.

I'd have liked him to have been more confident in his answer about a Royal visit. Just like he said that he was in the IRA with confidence he should have said - No, I won't be happy if the Queen visits. She can f**k off.
No, she isn't. Fact.

Even if she was, I suspect that for people like you, it still wouldn't be enough. There'd always be something else for you to play the victim over.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Zapatista on January 15, 2011, 12:35:40 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 15, 2011, 12:17:16 PM

No, she isn't. Fact.

Even if she was, I suspect that for people like you, it still wouldn't be enough. There'd always be something else for you to play the victim over.

Wise up would ye. The Queen can say whatever she likes. She can't run into westminster and demand a withdrawel from Iraq but she can say sorry.  What happens when she farts in public, does she phone David Cameron and ask him to make an apology? Fact!

As for it not being enough - it hasn't been anything yet.
Technically, you're right. She's an adult woman with no discernible disability, therefore she could stand up and tell a filthy joke if she liked. In terms of her constitutional repsonsibilities, however, she's not allowed to make political pronouncements.  Her government takes charge of that end of things and, by everyone's account, David Cameron did a reasonably good job when apologising for the actions of British soldiers on Bloody Sunday. That was it. End of story. Except for those determined to hang on to their victim status, obviously.

Doogie Browser

More than anything else the queen is head of one of the most fucked up families in the world. Why anyone would want a representative of those mad b**tards visiting their country is beyond me.

thejuice

Does Tubbridy want Pat the planks job on the Frontline now as well?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tony Baloney

Didn't see it, what was the issue with his line of questioning?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2011, 03:14:15 PM
it was the normal shite that many self righteous southerners like to throw out there.  It could have been a carbon copy of his interview with Gerry a year or so ago.  At that time Ryan, somewhat bafflingly failed to see the comparisons between his grandfather's IRA activities in the war of independence and the civil war with those of the IRA after that period.
He was cringeworthily bad last night, I was almost starting to feel sorry for him, but then he continued on pressing to the point of rudeness.

As for Martin he was alright, poor over the Queen, should just have said that as a republican (in the true sense of the word) he is largely indifferent to her.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bogball XV on January 15, 2011, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2011, 03:14:15 PM
it was the normal shite that many self righteous southerners like to throw out there.  It could have been a carbon copy of his interview with Gerry a year or so ago.  At that time Ryan, somewhat bafflingly failed to see the comparisons between his grandfather's IRA activities in the war of independence and the civil war with those of the IRA after that period.
He was cringeworthily bad last night, I was almost starting to feel sorry for him, but then he continued on pressing to the point of rudeness.

As for Martin he was alright, poor over the Queen, should just have said that as a republican (in the true sense of the word) he is largely indifferent to her.
In my opinion he is 100% correct in grilling these boys about past misdemeanours. His tone and manner are usually off beam though and as you say he lapses into downright rudeness which I believe he feels is a tough Paxman-esque interview style.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Zapatista on January 15, 2011, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 15, 2011, 01:25:57 PM

Technically, you're right. She's an adult woman with no discernible disability, therefore she could stand up and tell a filthy joke if she liked. In terms of her constitutional repsonsibilities, however, she's not allowed to make political pronouncements.  Her government takes charge of that end of things and, by everyone's account, David Cameron did a reasonably good job when apologising for the actions of British soldiers on Bloody Sunday. That was it. End of story. Except for those determined to hang on to their victim status, obviously.

Technically nothing, I'm right full stop. She can make political statements. She is the head of state and on christmas day she was telling everyone to volunteer to help the economy. She can't legislate but she can say anything she wants political or not.

She was able to tell the soldiers who done the shooting 'thank you, you served your country well'. That's a political statement. It's along the same lines of saying to the murdered victims families, 'I'm sorry for your loss the soldiers didn't servre their country well'.

As regards to the apology from Cameron. As far as I know the apology was accepted and well recieved. Fair play to him. You're right that's the end of that. Next up is all the other innocent victims and an apology from the Queen. In fact a one size fits all apology from the queen would do me and then Cameron wouldn't have to either.
That would be the Christmas broadcast she has to run past Downing Street before recording, right? And those soldiers she decorates with medals, those would be the ones nominated by Downing Street, right? Okay.  ::)

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 14, 2011, 11:06:19 PM
I'm not sure that I'd take seriously any political comment coming from anyone from Mayo the county that gave us Pee Fllynn and his daughter Beverley and Michael Ring

A county that also gave you Seán (Jack) McNeela, Michael Gaughan and Frank Stagg.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/35971