The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Longford pearse park in div one who would have thought they would see that day? but seriously how is Kiltoom deemed not big enough when it has already hosted the Monaghan game and Down support will hardly travel in their numbers after a bad start to the league.

Mclf

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 03, 2016, 08:00:16 PM
Longford pearse park in div one who would have thought they would see that day? but seriously how is Kiltoom deemed not big enough when it has already hosted the Monaghan game and Down support will hardly travel in their numbers after a bad start to the league.

It is a disaster of a ground, people were getting stuck in the field after the late game (aka the carpark) and it took 45 minutes to leave said field. It's just about capable of holding club games now with the restrictions of parkinfun on the main road, feel sorry for Syferus,  game is no longer going ahead in his local club ground which is the other side of the county from him on his beloved Mayo/Roscommon border

Syferus

The Gardai in the Athlone vacincity have little to worry their pretty little heads about, plain and simple.

We'll be playing Galway there in the U21 championship in a week and a half with at least a couple thousand so this really makes our protectors look frankly idiotic and I don't say that about people who have a very hard job to do lightly.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2016, 06:49:43 PM
Quote from: Beffs on March 03, 2016, 02:53:55 PM
Glennon Bros Pearse Park in Longford....
I hear it's now definite.
First of all they want to move south Roscommon into Westmeath...now they want to move their home games to Longford. Leinster may be closer to Mayo if things keep going the way they are! ;)

On a serious note, is it construction issues or a wet pitch that's the problem with Hyde Park?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 03, 2016, 09:21:37 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2016, 06:49:43 PM
Quote from: Beffs on March 03, 2016, 02:53:55 PM
Glennon Bros Pearse Park in Longford....
I hear it's now definite.
First of all they want to move south Roscommon into Westmeath...now they want to move their home games to Longford. Leinster may be closer to Mayo if things keep going the way they are! ;)

On a serious note, is it construction issues or a wet pitch that's the problem with Hyde Park?

The pitch isn't fit to graze cattle.

Rossfan

It wasn't big enough - it was all ticket 2,902 limit due to H&S and all that.
Its down a narrow country roadeen and parking only allowed in a field which after the last 3 wet months.........
And as someone said 45 minutes to get out of the fieldeen.
Longford is nearer than Kiltoom for an awful lot of the county.
Anyway we need to win this to give us a decent chance of staying up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

The pitch replacement in thr Hyde should start right after the Dublin game. The only game it would effect is if Ros qualify to play Sligo in the Connacht semi it would be a home game. This game if it happens could be played in Pairc Sean or Mchale park, it is only one game and already 3 games have been lost to the Hyde because of the pitch, this move would give an extra 2 months working and bedding in time to the new surface which could be vital for next years home nfl games etc.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2016, 10:12:11 PM
Its down a narrow country roadeen and parking only allowed in a field which after the last 3 wet months.........

The Monaghan game was big enough. It was tg4 no supporters behind either goal.I think Roscommon are shooting themselves in the foot for giving up home advantage that easily.

Beffs

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 03, 2016, 11:54:24 PM
The Monaghan game was big enough. It was tg4 no supporters behind either goal.I think Roscommon are shooting themselves in the foot for giving up home advantage that easily.

What choice did they have? The Hyde is unplayable & HQ wouldn't let the game be played in Kiltoom. The Co Board can't just thumb their nose at Croke Park, no matter how much they - and their supporters - may want to.

Syferus

As I said, it wan't our choice at all. We would be playing it in Kiltoom if we could.

Quote from: Beffs on March 04, 2016, 12:23:00 AM

What choice did they have? The Hyde is unplayable & HQ wouldn't let the game be played in Kiltoom. The Co Board can't just thumb their nose at Croke Park, no matter how much they - and their supporters - may want to.

The Gardai. HQ don't give a fúck.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Syferus on March 04, 2016, 12:54:18 AM

As I said, it wan't our choice at all. We would be playing it in Kiltoom if we could.

I'd listen to the Gardai before I'd listen to an uninformed person on the internet, like you

Rossie11

Regardless of where it is there has to be 100% focus on getting the 2 pts. God knows where the last 2 home games will be played so every chance Ross will get 0pts from their last 3 games
Get the 2 pts stay in Div 1 and start the Hyde as soon as possible

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossie11 on March 04, 2016, 08:31:08 AM
Regardless of where it is there has to be 100% focus on getting the 2 pts. God knows where the last 2 home games will be played so every chance Ross will get 0pts from their last 3 games
Get the 2 pts stay in Div 1 and start the Hyde as soon as possible
+1.
What's the H&S limit on Tuam nowadays? Play the Rhus there and the Jackeens in Carrick.

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 04, 2016, 08:02:18 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 04, 2016, 12:54:18 AM

I'd listen to the Gardai before I'd listen to an uninformed person on the internet, like you

That sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Rossfan

It's 100% correct Syfín.
I'd ask people not to be too hard on Syfín as he's very upset over not getting to slaver all over his beloved Kiltoom. ;D