Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Well with all that in mind i now fear Roscommon more than Dublin or Kerry.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

INDIANA

Quote from: Shannoncider on December 06, 2015, 03:42:59 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 05, 2015, 07:37:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 05, 2015, 05:38:10 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on December 05, 2015, 07:20:21 AM
Quote from: Syferus on December 04, 2015, 11:38:47 PM
Quote from: moysider on December 04, 2015, 09:36:51 PM

There will be others  ;)
Nobody outside Mayo (and not too many in Mayo either would have Diarmuid O Connor emerging so soon.

If you want to call it that. I've been hearing him being hyped up to the hilt by confused Ballagh lads for years now who said he was just mighty (in training) and at minor, U21 and senior up until the two Dublin games he showed little to warrant the hype. Other players would have been thrown by the wayside long before O'Connor started to come good, he's had a lot of senior football already. He has miles to go yet if he wants to be a consistent force at senior. Durcan took to county far more gracefully.
You really dont have a fukn clue do ya

Touchy ladeen. DOC has talent but saying he's arrived after two good performances is mad. Talk about heaping pressure on a kid.

Pity Roscommon don't have anyone as good as him

To be honest DOC wouldn't make Roscommon team and to reply to your statement about us not having anyone as good as him. Ultan Harney and Murtagh both the same age are far superior players. Time will prove that. I agree with syf on this the lad has only played two good championship games it's less than a year ago he was been whipped off after 30 mins for consistently shite performances for DCU

Roscommon as I've said previously are married to Sigerson and underage football. What have you actually done at senior level recently

When you break it down to brass tacks- you've done sweet f*** all.

DOC has performed very well against the best team in the country twice this year in front 82,500

The Roscommon players you quoted may have done it in winter on some shit kick a bucket pitch in front of two men and a dog in some Sigerson game but they've never done it in Croke Park in front of 80,000 with another half million on TV watching them.

When they do - you can say they are better then DOC.

Until then they aren't in my opinion

larryin89

You might as well try pissing against that storm in the west last night as trying to be a realist with a large percentage of Roscommon gaa fans .They just don't do the real world . No doubt about it they have a handful of tasty forwards who might yet make the breakthrough to become good county seniors playing at the top level .

First chance they had was in this years championship and they failed miserably .

They have youth on their side though, next chance is this years venture into top flight league football.

Survive and win the Nestor cup in 2016 is real progress and a statement of intent.

Relegated and hammered out the gate in caslebar in a cf v Mayo . Well imo that will be a serious setback for confidence .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: INDIANA on December 06, 2015, 04:48:07 PM

There will be others  ;)
Nobody outside Mayo (and not too many in Mayo either would have Diarmuid O Connor emerging so soon.

If you want to call it that. I've been hearing him being hyped up to the hilt by confused Ballagh lads for years now who said he was just mighty (in training) and at minor, U21 and senior up until the two Dublin games he showed little to warrant the hype. Other players would have been thrown by the wayside long before O'Connor started to come good, he's had a lot of senior football already. He has miles to go yet if he wants to be a consistent force at senior. Durcan took to county far more gracefully.

Touchy ladeen. DOC has talent but saying he's arrived after two good performances is mad. Talk about heaping pressure on a kid.

To be honest DOC wouldn't make Roscommon team and to reply to your statement about us not having anyone as good as him. Ultan Harney and Murtagh both the same age are far superior players. Time will prove that. I agree with syf on this the lad has only played two good championship games it's less than a year ago he was been whipped off after 30 mins for consistently shite performances for DCU

Roscommon as I've said previously are married to Sigerson and underage football. What have you actually done at senior level recently

DOC has performed very well against the best team in the country twice this year in front 82,500

The Roscommon players you quoted may have done it in winter on some shit kick a bucket pitch in front of two men and a dog in some Sigerson game but they've never done it in Croke Park in front of 80,000 with another half million on TV watching them.

Doc is a fine prospect with the potential to be a good senior for many years to come but I think It would be better to allow him develop than over hype him him like you or others are trying to do.

Doc didn't score in the first semi final against Dublin and if it wasn't for the accuracy of his brother there would be no replay. In that replay Doc scored 0-2 both scores came in the 1st half when the game came to the crunch he faded out of it.

INDIANA

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 06, 2015, 05:13:10 PM

There will be others  ;)

Doc is a fine prospect with the potential to be a good senior for many years to come but I think It would be better to allow him develop than over hype him him like you or others are trying to do.

Doc didn't score in the first semi final against Dublin and if it wasn't for the accuracy of his brother there would be no replay. In that replay Doc scored 0-2 both scores came in the 1st half when the game came to the crunch he faded out of it.

He's a very good prospect in my view. He was Mayo's best forward over the two games i my view.
And the view on him in DCU wasn't stellar but DCU don't get everything right. Roscommon haven't delivered at senior level yet and until they do they are on thin ice.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: INDIANA on December 06, 2015, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 06, 2015, 05:13:10 PM

There will be others  ;)

He's a very good prospect in my view. He was Mayo's best forward over the two games i my view.
And the view on him in DCU wasn't stellar but DCU don't get everything right. Roscommon haven't delivered at senior level yet and until they do they are on thin ice.
Roscommon were Div 4 in 2011 will be Div one in 2016 I don't think without the success at underage and Sigerson they would have rose to that level at senior level.

DCU not alone no side can get everything right and DOC didn't stand out for DCU in fact in the 4 Sigerson cup games against UUJ,UCD,St Mary's,UCC he failed to score in any of them. Less hype and let DOC develop into the player that he has the potential to be.

rosnarun

the difference is Cillian Scores and score lots from play and from Frees . If he played for portlaoise they would be leinster champions today
Scores win games and nothing else does
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mayo.mick

Quote from: rosnarun on December 07, 2015, 04:08:36 PM
the difference is Cillian Scores and score lots from play and from Frees . If he played for portlaoise they would be leinster champions today

Cormac Reilly.....
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Beffs

Quote from: rosnarun on December 07, 2015, 04:08:36 PM

He doesn't score lots from play. He scores lots from placed balls, which isn't the same thing at all. This year, he scored 2-5 from play, over 5 games. That is an average of 2.1 points per game. That's not exactly setting the word on fire, from open play.

moysider

He does score a lot from play - when he's right.

He had surgery at the end of the year. Was patently unfit all year and that was on the back of the should trouble before that. What is surprising is that he's managed to play as well as he has and contribute as much as he has under the circumstances. Very good forward with lots of strings to his bow. Very good in a playmaker role as well.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on December 07, 2015, 09:51:57 PM

He had surgery at the end of the year. Was patently unfit all year and that was on the back of the should trouble before that. What is surprising is that he's managed to play as well as he has and contribute as much as he has under the circumstances. Very good forward with lots of strings to his bow. Very good in a playmaker role as well.

He's always unfit if you're being honest. Lad will do well to make it to 30 playing IC at this rate.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on December 07, 2015, 10:15:40 PM

He's always unfit if you're being honest. Lad will do well to make it to 30 playing IC at this rate.

Gawd help ye if he is ever fit then before he's 30. Andy is over 30 and still hasn't lost to Roscommon .

Lar Naparka

When he's fit is the important part. There can be no doubt that he is a class act but unless he takes the time to recuperate properly this coming year, Syf could well be right about him being crocked before he's 30 and that would be a great loss to himself and to Mayo football in that order.
It's obvious that the team plays better when he is on and it's plain that he is one of the eam leaders that others look to when the going gets tough and that is the measure of his importance to the team. We need both O'Connors (and both Bears as well) in tip top shape ti have an chance of going the whole way next year.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on December 07, 2015, 10:24:29 PM

Gawd help ye if he is ever fit then before he's 30. Andy is over 30 and still hasn't lost to Roscommon .

It shows how talented he is that he has been vital even when obviously limited by injuries. But the mad days of underage and colleges and multiple teams are over so the demands now should be more manageable. He ll be fine.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on December 07, 2015, 11:15:07 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on December 07, 2015, 10:24:29 PM

It shows how talented he is that he has been vital even when obviously limited by injuries. But the mad days of underage and colleges and multiple teams are over so the demands now should be more manageable. He ll be fine.

His shoulder is wrecked Moy. Same boat as JOD.