Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 03, 2015, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 10:13:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2015, 09:55:16 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 09:49:28 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 03, 2015, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 09:31:45 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 03, 2015, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 03, 2015, 07:59:10 PM
I have to say there are some amount of "Knowledgeable" people from around the country on the inner workings of the county board and even more future intercounty managers who will be pacing the sidelines of Croke Park in the near future...Anyway, Mike Finnerty and John Maughan had a polite but narky enough chat about the weeks events on radio 1 earlier..Maughan reckons not one supporter he has spoken to all week  had backed the players, also he reckoned that there was never a problem in the set up, in fact it was never better over the past few years. Then the " two or three" troublemakers in the dressing room was mentioned, who's agenda was he serving today I wonder?
The plot thickens?

How so?
John Maughan isn't some Joe Blog, he is a well respected former Mayo player and manager and with his contacts within he would have a fair idea of what was going on behind scenes.

Why haven't we got any details on the alleged preparation issues from this year?

No need. Why on earth would anyone make it public?

To quote Get Loughnane, I wouldn't even give ye the time of the throw in.

Coup over. Off with ye to the Galway hurlers thread.

There are lots of respected Mayo figures casting doubt on the accuracy of the claims.

Are they all CB patsies?
Indeed, please enlighten me.
When did you last see a "respected Mayo" figure?  We just don't do respect down in God's Acre; it doesn't go with the psyche, ya know.
If twenty seven players do a rare up and tell their "respected" managers to f**k off  and then all barge in on a meeting with "respected" members of the county board who are running around like headless quickens and give them just 10 minutes to sort themselves out, what sort of "respected" figure can change the facts?
You have been given the reasons, time and time again, why this setup was always going to end in handbags at dawn.  So forget the conspiracy theorists, they know sweet |FA more than anyone with half an interest in the Mayo scene. This parting of the way was on since that pair took on the job- maybe not all  their fault but they should have known better.

Never realised Mayo players were held in such contempt by neutrals - not that it matters a fcku.

Never realised either that Pat and Nole were so highly regarded. Their phones must be hoppin from counties still without a manager for next year. They should be a major coup? They ll be snapped up right away I d say. What do you think Lar?
I think Pateen and Noel should do a damage limitation exercise and back away quietly and leave the whole sorry mess with the CB. They have shown more dignity in their leaving than they did in their coming. Pity the same can't be said for Mike and his buddies. Anyone on here who thinks any self-respecting Mayo fan will give even one flying f**k about what Carney, Maughan or any of the pro-establishment brigade wants to say should go and see a shrink. Their day has come and gone.

Agree but not the point I was trying to make.

Just wondering if all these neutrals that think that Pat and Nole did great this year would welcome them with open arms in their own fiefdom? Surely such great management talent will not be idle for long. These neutrals cant have our dysfunctional and uppity players. But our brilliant management duo (they get 2 good ones) are there to be snapped up. No doubt likes of Tyrone are kicking themselves for hastily reappointing Mickey before our duo became available. Have Cork sorted themselves out?

Wildweasel74

I say Holmes and Connelly have done more for Mayo football than the number of posters on here, when the hell did any of you even step up for the good of Mayo football, Maughan and McHale too, who get regularly bad mouthed by Mayo Supporters.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on October 04, 2015, 12:27:35 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 04, 2015, 12:09:04 AM
Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 11:13:14 PM
I have to say there are some amount of "Knowledgeable" people from around the country on the inner workings of the county board and even more future intercounty managers who will be pacing the sidelines of Croke Park in the near future...Anyway, Mike Finnerty and John Maughan had a polite but narky enough chat about the weeks events on radio 1 earlier..Maughan reckons not one supporter he has spoken to all week  had backed the players, also he reckoned that there was never a problem in the set up, in fact it was never better over the past few years. Then the " two or three" troublemakers in the dressing room was mentioned, who's agenda was he serving today I wonder?
The plot thickens?

How so?
John Maughan isn't some Joe Blog, he is a well respected former Mayo player and manager and with his contacts within he would have a fair idea of what was going on behind scenes.

Why haven't we got any details on the alleged preparation issues from this year?

There are lots of respected Mayo figures casting doubt on the accuracy of the claims.

Are they all CB patsies?
When did you last see a "respected Mayo" figure?  We just don't do respect down in God's Acre; it doesn't go with the psyche, ya know.
If twenty seven players do a rare up and tell their "respected" managers to f**k off  and then all barge in on a meeting with "respected" members of the county board who are running around like headless quickens and give them just 10 minutes to sort themselves out, what sort of "respected" figure can change the facts?
You have been given the reasons, time and time again, why this setup was always going to end in handbags at dawn.  So forget the conspiracy theorists, they know sweet |FA more than anyone with half an interest in the Mayo scene. This parting of the way was on since that pair took on the job- maybe not all  their fault but they should have known better.

Never realised Mayo players were held in such contempt by neutrals - not that it matters a fcku.

Never realised either that Pat and Nole were so highly regarded. Their phones must be hoppin from counties still without a manager for next year. They should be a major coup? They ll be snapped up right away I d say. What do you think Lar?
I think Pateen and Noel should do a damage limitation exercise and back away quietly and leave the whole sorry mess with the CB. They have shown more dignity in their leaving than they did in their coming. Pity the same can't be said for Mike and his buddies. Anyone on here who thinks any self-respecting Mayo fan will give even one flying f**k about what Carney, Maughan or any of the pro-establishment brigade wants to say should go and see a shrink. Their day has come and gone.

Just wondering if all these neutrals that think that Pat and Nole did great this year would welcome them with open arms in their own fiefdom? Surely such great management talent will not be idle for long. These neutrals cant have our dysfunctional and uppity players. But our brilliant management duo (they get 2 good ones) are there to be snapped up. No doubt likes of Tyrone are kicking themselves for hastily reappointing Mickey before our duo became available. Have Cork sorted themselves out?

OTT Moy, those two have given more to Mayo football than any of the players have and deserve more respect than you're giving them. Maybe shouldn't have taken the job in the beginning but the Mayo players likewise don't come out of this looking like heroes either. We'll see next year if their hubris exceeded C&H's.

This team didn't deliver in the past but by their actions in the last few weeks they've called their shot for 2016 and they will be on the end of serious abuse next year if it turns out the management wasn't the key reason behind their failure.

maigheo

A lot of unfair comments here on C and H.In the end they done the right thing and moved on.Anybody who says that Mayo need to win the all ireland next year to justify the players stance is way off base.All the players want is the  best preparation possible to give them the greatest chance of winning Sam and if they are unable to succeed in this goal then so be it ,they  were not good enough but at least there was no stone left unturned in trying to reach that goal.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on October 04, 2015, 12:36:40 AM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Are they all CB patsies?

OTT Moy, those two have given more to Mayo football than any of the players have and deserve more respect than you're giving them. Maybe shouldn't have taken the job in the beginning but the Mayo players likewise don't come out of this looking like heroes either. We'll see next year if their hubris exceeded C&H's.

This team didn't deliver in the past but by their actions in the last few weeks they've called their shot for 2016 and they will be on the end of serious abuse next year if it turns out the management wasn't the key reason behind their failure.

You have got to be takin the piss. Will ye quit spinning shite. H&C are no victims. They got great opportunity in Mayo both as players and having doors open after as managers even though it was obvious they had little enough qualities to do the job. Most Mayo supporters as well would say we had better options at 5 and 7 as well in 96/97 but Sir John had his favourites and he was still holding their hands this Summer.

I know ye ve got Batman and Robin but would Roscommon be queueing up for H&C now if ye we're'nt sorted? Be honest now.

Rossfan

All jokin aside but wouldn't  at least 26 Counties love to have as bad a team as Mayowestros.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on October 04, 2015, 12:57:38 AM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Are they all CB patsies?

You have got to be takin the piss. Will ye quit spinning shite. H&C are no victims. They got great opportunity in Mayo both as players and having doors open after as managers even though it was obvious they had little enough qualities to do the job. Most Mayo supporters as well would say we had better options at 5 and 7 as well in 96/97 but Sir John had his favourites and he was still holding their hands this Summer.

I know ye ve got Batman and Robin but would Roscommon be queueing up for H&C now if ye we're'nt sorted? Be honest now.

They were in the running when Des Newton got called up to the big leagues I think, or when Evans was appointed. Still better than the former, maybe worse than the later but I rate Evans as a manager. I think trying to say they were hopeless is unfair, both had success at underage and club respectively. Seeing as McStay wasn't wanted who else was there really Moy? Rochford wasn't on the radar last year. Enda Gilvarry?

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on October 04, 2015, 01:07:08 AM
Quote from: moysider on October 04, 2015, 12:57:38 AM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Are they all CB patsies?

They were in the running when Des Newton got called up to the big leagues I think, or when Evans was appointed. Still better than the former, maybe worse than the later but I rate Evans as a manager. I think trying to say they were hopeless is unfair, both had success at underage and club respectively. Seeing as McStay wasn't wanted who else was there really Moy? Rochford wasn't on the radar last year. Enda Gilvarry?

Des Newton was preferred and he lasted how long??

When is the penny going to drop with some of ye guys? That story was not about McStay. Even on the Sunday Game when he announced his intention to apply he looked like he knew it was a waste of time. But fair play to him. By doing that he helped show up the rotten underbelly of the cartel that run the show.

I ll ask you again. If H&C are such great managers, will they be approached to take over other county teams any time soon?

They won Mayo a 5 in a row and ran the eventual AI winners to a replay. Surely likes of Meath, Down, Derry  and Cork would love some of these guys. How come Holmes never managed a county team after winning a national league back in 2001? What happened there?

From the Bunker

Anthony Cunningham could be available. Got Garrycastle to within an inch of winning an AI club title!

Now that would be a story?

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 04, 2015, 02:15:16 AM
Anthony Cunningham could be available. Got Garrycastle to within an inch of winning an AI club title!

Doubt it. Walsh will be there for another year anyway ;)

Syferus

I'm sure McStay can find a role for him in his home county.

brokencrossbar1

Yeah, he certainly wouldn't be facing a black and amber striped team in the football championship!!

Mac2

If Horan steps back into this gig it's going to reek even more than it does already.

maigheo

Great post Lar.Its not about the next manager winning an all Ireland but giving them the best chance to do so and everything else is just spin.

INDIANA

Quote from: maigheo on October 04, 2015, 02:32:17 PM
Great post Lar.Its not about the next manager winning an all Ireland but giving them the best chance to do so and everything else is just spin.

You have to have the players as well. Players may find in 12 months time it's them that's lacking