Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 15, 2015, 10:30:29 PM
Interestinger and interestinger

What does Joe know?

Quote"Of course it was serious but if they are going to look at it, look at the whole video and see what happened, see how this started," said Kernan. "It's very simple." Asked if he was suggesting that the CCCC hadn't considered provocation or weren't in possession of footage of the build up to the incident, Kernan shrugged.

Also I don't think McGeeney will think much of his comments on Aaron's retirement and how Armagh will get on in Division 2 next year.

Quote"or are we a team still between Division Two and Division Three standard".

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-kernan-calls-on-gaa-to-watch-whole-video-of-byrne-row-1.2286193

Do not think he said anything that anyone in Armagh, including team management, do not think themselves.

As for Aaron. I would hope he would follow Andy Mallon's lead and return after taking a year out.

LCohen

Realistically there is no chance of Aaron signing up for another year with Armagh

Applesisapples

Quote from: Throw ball on July 16, 2015, 12:31:49 AM

What does Joe know?

Quote"Of course it was serious but if they are going to look at it, look at the whole video and see what happened, see how this started," said Kernan. "It's very simple." Asked if he was suggesting that the CCCC hadn't considered provocation or weren't in possession of footage of the build up to the incident, Kernan shrugged.

Also I don't think McGeeney will think much of his comments on Aaron's retirement and how Armagh will get on in Division 2 next year.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-kernan-calls-on-gaa-to-watch-whole-video-of-byrne-row-1.2286193

Do not think he said anything that anyone in Armagh, including team management, do not think themselves.

As for Aaron. I would hope he would follow Andy Mallon's lead and return after taking a year out.
Wouldn't disagree with Joe.

squire_in_navy_slacks

What does Joe know?

What do you think ? he has a son on the panel !!!!!!!!!!!!!! an ego as big as his belly

orangeman

The Armagh and Dublin county boards have until Monday to challenge the proposed fines handed down to them by the Central Competitions Control Committee for the incident which left Dublin's Davey Byrne with serious facial injuries.

Each county has three working days to call for a hearing and challenge that proposal, but it remains unclear which course of action either will take. The GAA are unable to comment on proceedings until they are concluded and a figure for the fines imposed remains unconfirmed.

twohands!!!

Quote from: orangeman on July 23, 2015, 07:58:12 PM
The Armagh and Dublin county boards have until Monday to challenge the proposed fines handed down to them by the Central Competitions Control Committee for the incident which left Dublin's Davey Byrne with serious facial injuries.

Each county has three working days to call for a hearing and challenge that proposal, but it remains unclear which course of action either will take. The GAA are unable to comment on proceedings until they are concluded and a figure for the fines imposed remains unconfirmed.

All sounds a bit "rug, rug, sweep, sweep" to me.

So the county boards are getting fined for a brawl but no player is punished for misbehaving...

Hardy

Fines for the county boards and no penalties for the people involved in the "incident"?

LCohen

This is a total white wash

upmonaghansayswe

Monaghan and Kildare both got €5,000 fines for this brawl  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcodTHu4Vi8

Don`t appeal it, you`ll lose home advantage for your next challenge game!!

DuffleKing

More to that row than Armagh Dublin

orangeman

What did they get fined for exactly and on what basis ??

Jinxy

I am so over this story.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rufus T Firefly

LCohen

I would just McClean on this thead. There are just not enough mentions of the lad on this forum. More threads required on the subject.

smelmoth

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 23, 2015, 08:08:36 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 23, 2015, 07:58:12 PM

All sounds a bit "rug, rug, sweep, sweep" to me.

So the county boards are getting fined for a brawl but no player is punished for misbehaving...
Does anybody know ehat the fines are for?

Fines for both sides indicates findings of wrong doing on both sides.

The fine cannot be for the incident. Nobody could stand over a system that says box the face off some lad and we will fine your county board.

The implication is therefore that the 2 sides have been fined for not complying with the investigation. If this is case then someone should come out and say it as the 2 sides should face the public ridicule that goes with such a finding