Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 15, 2015, 12:06:20 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 14, 2015, 11:58:42 PM
I think trying to argue that incidents that didn't inflict serious injury are deemed to be required to be investigated to the same extent as another which did inflict serious injury really is the purview of ambulance chasers.

You're talking in riddles again.

I personally don't think it unreasonable to ask that an investigation takes place to all instances of indiscipline, involving multiple offenders, on the basis that they happened as opposed to some arbitrary scale of injury inflicted.

Its perfectly clear what I'm saying. If someone spends a few days in hospital after a football game it's plainly obvious that incident requires investigation over one where a player isn't physically injured in any way which is in the two very poor examples of matches you gave.

That's crystal clear English in anyone's terms.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 15, 2015, 12:12:57 AM
Its perfectly clear what I'm saying. If someone spends a few days in hospital after a football game it's plainly obvious that incident requires investigation over one where a player isn't physically injured in any way which is in the two very poor examples of matches you gave. That's crystal clear English in anyone's terms.

The GAA authorities have a duty to ensure the integrity / reputation of our games. A mass brawl / fracas, regardless of the injuries inflicted, compromises that, and is a disciplinary issue which needs investigated.

In the bolded bit above, you seems to infer that there is some sort of limit to the number of investigations that can be carried out and on that basis an investigation around serious injury must have precedence.

That is not the case. There are the resources in place to investigate each mass brawl / fracas and each can and should be investigated if we are going to be consistent.

INDIANA

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 15, 2015, 12:21:21 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 15, 2015, 12:12:57 AM
Its perfectly clear what I'm saying. If someone spends a few days in hospital after a football game it's plainly obvious that incident requires investigation over one where a player isn't physically injured in any way which is in the two very poor examples of matches you gave. That's crystal clear English in anyone's terms.

The GAA authorities have a duty to ensure the integrity / reputation of our games. A mass brawl / fracas, regardless of the injuries inflicted, compromises that, and is a disciplinary issue which needs investigated.

In the bolded bit above, you seems to infer that there is some sort of limit to the number of investigations that can be carried out and on that basis an investigation around serious injury must have precedence.

That is not the case. There are the resources in place to investigate each mass brawl / fracas and each can and should be investigated if we are going to be consistent.

There was nothing in the Mayo v Galway game that merited anything in terms of investigation. if that's your barometer of investigation we'd have them every week. It's a really poor example in my view and trying to equate that to the equivalent of an incident where a player ends up in hospital. It's not even an argument.

You're trying to set an agenda that the GAA have it in for Armagh. Armagh were the ones who started the row against Cavan. So I fail to see your point.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 15, 2015, 12:28:26 AM
There was nothing in the Mayo v Galway game that merited anything in terms of investigation. if that's your barometer of investigation we'd have them every week. It's a really poor example in my view and trying to equate that to the equivalent of an incident where a player ends up in hospital. It's not even an argument.

You're trying to set an agenda that the GAA have it in for Armagh. Armagh were the ones who started the row against Cavan. So I fail to see your point.

I'm not going to go into detail on specific matches - we'd end up going around in circles. I won't rise to your Armagh jibe either but I will mention your bizarre logic;

"Armagh were the ones who started the row against Cavan. So I fail to see your point."

You can't see my point around consistency on disciplinary investigations because Armagh started a row against Cavan!??!  :o

Come on - don't be obtuse - you and I have crossed swords before and I know you're capable of much more in the way of debate.

Throw ball

Have you decided not to reinforce the point Rufus that Armagh did not start the row against Cavan. I know you and I were both there to give a first hand account. I assume he wasn't and is using second hand reports as evidence. At least that is consistent.

macdanger2

The bans / fines handed out for the armagh v cavan game were a joke, plenty of games have similar incidents and nothing happens. Not saying that that's right but it should be consistent

Someone ending up in hospital though needs to be investigated.

Seeing as you have the inside scoop Indiana and Dublin did nothing wrong, can you explain why Dublin didn't make a complaint about one of their players ending up in hospital?

J70

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 14, 2015, 11:43:13 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 11:41:37 PM

Are you sure those other occasions were not investigated? I'd find it hard to believe they were not investigated.

I don't recall it, but I'm open to correction.

Donegal and Tyrone were fined five grand each.

Fuzzman

Like most things on here ye are all just going around in circles as the Dubs are NEVER willing to admit any wring doing or bias.
If they are never gonna admit that them playing home games in Croke park is a HUGE advantage and blame the Leinster council or other counties then ye are wasting yer time.
Several times I've listed incidents the Dubs have done that have been swept under the carpet and I asked people can you not see the Double standards here.
RTE have a huge impact on this and people's perceptions but Sky and Newstalk now are to some degree challenging that.
Most Dublin posters reaction to my questions are
"f**k Off with your anti Dub attack and poor wee Tyrone getting picked on"

Really answers my questions very well doesn't it.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2015, 07:02:57 AM
Like most things on here ye are all just going around in circles as the Dubs are NEVER willing to admit any wring doing or bias.
If they are never gonna admit that them playing home games in Croke park is a HUGE advantage and blame the Leinster council or other counties then ye are wasting yer time.
Several times I've listed incidents the Dubs have done that have been swept under the carpet and I asked people can you not see the Double standards here.
RTE have a huge impact on this and people's perceptions but Sky and Newstalk now are to some degree challenging that.
Most Dublin posters reaction to my questions are
"f**k Off with your anti Dub attack and poor wee Tyrone getting picked on"

Really answers my questions very well doesn't it.
do you dislike the dubs?

INDIANA

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2015, 01:09:41 AM
The bans / fines handed out for the armagh v cavan game were a joke, plenty of games have similar incidents and nothing happens. Not saying that that's right but it should be consistent

Seeing as you have the inside scoop Indiana and Dublin did nothing wrong, can you explain why Dublin didn't make a complaint about one of their players ending up in hospital?

I'm sure you can do the maths on that one

orangeman

This is like an appeal from Crimewatch :

As the association's disciplinary body continued to look into the challenge match incident that left Dublin player Davy Byrne with a broken nose two weeks ago, O Fearghail made it clear that such matters could not be settled by "local arrangements," regardless of the status of the match.
He said that counties involved, in this case Dublin and Armagh, must co-operate with the Central Competitions Control Committee investigation.
"There are no games behind closed doors as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't be comfortable with an association that had games behind closed doors. I don't like that idea, I don't think that's healthy and I don't think there was a game behind closed doors," he said at yesterday's All-Ireland hurling championship launch.
"If anyone has information, if an incident occurs, you establish if it happened and anyone with As the association's disciplinary body continued to look into the challenge match incident that left Dublin player Davy Byrne with a broken nose two weeks ago, O Fearghail made it clear that such matters could not be settled by "local arrangements," regardless of the status of the match.
He said that counties involved, in this case Dublin and Armagh, must co-operate with the Central Competitions Control Committee investigation.
"There are no games behind closed doors as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't be comfortable with an association that had games behind closed doors. I don't like that idea, I don't think that's healthy and I don't think there was a game behind closed doors," he said at yesterday's All-Ireland hurling championship launch.
"If anyone has information, if an incident occurs, you establish if it happened and anyone with information on it should be forthcoming with it. Local arrangements cannot and should not be entered into for any game." on it should be forthcoming with it. Local arrangements cannot and should not be entered into for any game."

macdanger2

Quote from: INDIANA on July 15, 2015, 09:49:17 AM

The obvious reason is that Dublin have something to fear from an investigation but you seem to think that's not the case?? If not, then what's the reason??

Or are you just trying to sound mysterious when in reality you haven't a clue any more than the rest of us??

trueblue1234

Quote from: INDIANA on July 15, 2015, 09:49:17 AM

Again with the riddles. There's two options, either Dublin and the player were thinking about going down the legal route. But that's completely at odds with the interview. Or Dublin had players involved as well and want to avoid suspensions, which is a cover up.
In my eyes the second one is the only one that holds water.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: J70 on July 15, 2015, 02:53:46 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 14, 2015, 11:43:13 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 11:41:37 PM

Are you sure those other occasions were not investigated? I'd find it hard to believe they were not investigated.

I don't recall it, but I'm open to correction.

Donegal and Tyrone were fined five grand each.

Fair enough so - getting towards the consistency I ask for.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Throw ball on July 15, 2015, 12:56:43 AM
Have you decided not to reinforce the point Rufus that Armagh did not start the row against Cavan. I know you and I were both there to give a first hand account. I assume he wasn't and is using second hand reports as evidence. At least that is consistent.

No Throw ball, I didn't chase that. The whole purpose of him putting that in was to take the debate away from the crux of the argument.