Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Quote from: Myra mains on July 10, 2015, 03:31:36 PM
Quote from: westbound on July 10, 2015, 02:26:48 PM
Quote from: Myra mains on July 10, 2015, 01:24:49 PM
Jesus lads but ye talk some shite here. 9 pages of crap and not 1 donkey on the thread know what went on. Why assume ? Get the facts or close the f**king thread!

Some facts:
1. a player got a broken nose
2. No-one is currently facing any disciplinary procedures arising from the game

Do you agree that this should at least be investigated?
how's this thread going to investigate or even comment when nobody prepared to say who's involved. You can be sure a few quid has probably changed hands and all swept under the carpet. It definitely won't come out while Armagh and Dublin are stil in the championship because suspensions would be handed out. So it's a cover up job for the moment.

I never suggested for one second that this thread was going to investigate anything. I asked do you agree that it should be investigated. (Perhaps I should have included the words "by the GAA")

Do you honestly think the second part in bold is true?

Rossfan

Quote from: Myra mains on July 10, 2015, 03:31:36 PM
[. So it's a cover up job for the moment.
Like Fr Brendan Smyth and all them lads.........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Jesus lads but ye talk some shite here. 9 pages of crap and not 1 donkey on the thread know what went on. Why assume ? Get the facts or close the f**king thread!

Welcome to the board myra. If endless pages of lads talking sh*te about things they know little about isn't your thing, then you might be in the wrong place  ;D

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Well according to Gavin there, broken Nose, black eye, 10 head stitches in that interview but nothing to see lol, Hows that work against the Monaghan lad who got 2yrs reduced from 4yrs for steroids. Which case brings blackens the GAA more.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Myra mains on July 10, 2015, 01:24:49 PMJesus lads but ye talk some shite here. 9 pages of crap and not 1 donkey on the thread know what went on. Why assume ? Get the facts or close the f**king thread!

Quote from: Myra mains on July 10, 2015, 03:31:36 PMYou can be sure a few quid has probably changed hands and all swept under the carpet.

tommysmith

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 10, 2015, 04:53:12 PM

Welcome to the board myra. If endless pages of lads talking sh*te about things they know little about isn't your thing, then you might be in the wrong place  ;D

He is away playing golf with Seanie Johnston today

moysider

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 10, 2015, 10:05:44 AM
Quote from: Sidney on July 10, 2015, 08:29:38 AM
Parkinson made a fool of Gavin there.

The GAA really need to get to the bottom of all this and make examples of people. The wishes of the players involved should be irrelevant.

Otherwise it's a charter for neanderthal apes.

Gavin shouldnt have gave that interview to that sneering fool parkinson.

I see your make "examples of people" is really an investigation and banning of dublin players for the championship more like !!!!!!!!!!!

Nuts and bolts are Byrne is a mouth piece and got a few slaps......................Mill up and Dublin gave it back in spades....................Move on

Parkinson was correct to pursue his line of questioning. Gavin must have been confident of managing the interview when he agreed to it but it backfired a bit I think and instead of putting the matter to bed it seemed to open the lid on the worm can a bit more.

If any players did anything to warrant a ban in this match then they need to be banned.

Also behind closed door matches need to be looked at as well because if this one sets a precedent of fellas getting away with whaling away behind closed doors with no fear of repercussions. 

I m sure these games are nice little earners for refs as well who won t want to piss off managers by reporting incidents. These refs are invited and not appointed. Far too cosy and far too much omerta. Train in secret by all means but secret challenges need to be looked at imo.

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on July 10, 2015, 06:54:18 PM

The GAA really need to get to the bottom of all this and make examples of people. The wishes of the players involved should be irrelevant.

I see your make "examples of people" is really an investigation and banning of dublin players for the championship more like !!!!!!!!!!!

Nuts and bolts are Byrne is a mouth piece and got a few slaps......................Mill up and Dublin gave it back in spades....................Move on

Parkinson was correct to pursue his line of questioning. Gavin must have been confident of managing the interview when he agreed to it but it backfired a bit I think and instead of putting the matter to bed it seemed to open the lid on the worm can a bit more.

If any players did anything to warrant a ban in this match then they need to be banned.

Also behind closed door matches need to be looked at as well because if this one sets a precedent of fellas getting away with whaling away behind closed doors with no fear of repercussions. 

I m sure these games are nice little earners for refs as well who won t want to piss off managers by reporting incidents. These refs are invited and not appointed. Far too cosy and far too much omerta. Train in secret by all means but secret challenges need to be looked at imo.

You are aware Mayo are the leading county for behind doors challenge games.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2015, 08:41:40 PM

What's the league table like Indy. Who's the loosest county on the go.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on July 10, 2015, 09:01:48 PM

What's the league table like Indy. Who's the loosest county on the go.

No inter county side plays more behind closed doors challenge games then Mayo that's why it's gas listening to their fans spouting all sorts of innuendo without any semblance of facts whatsoever. Horan was arguably the most paranoid manager out there during his tenure.
Armagh wanted it behind closed doors. It was our B Team plus kids playing. It was mostly their full whack. So even if there was an investigation I can't see how it's a game changer for us.

moysider

I wasn t aware of that but doesn t affect my attitude to them, although I can understand why managers want to do it.

I think the referees are too easy to manipulate in these situations. They will not bite the hands feeding them and players know as well that they will get away with things in these matches. If a ref does send somebody off - and it does happen - its not reported. Players know this is the form. I ve gone to refs in the past myself to get players off. Not at the level we re talking about here but ........

smelmoth

I can't see how the ref can do other than submit a report on this issue.

It is difficult to see how that that report cannot either
1. result in significant punishment or
2. lead to further investigation

People in the know (the real know not heard a rumour know or read something on a message board know) need to cooperate.

We need to get these sort of incidents out of our game

Rodman

Quote from: smelmoth on July 10, 2015, 09:52:59 PM

People in the know (the real know not heard a rumour know or read something on a message board know) need to cooperate.

A player starts sledging, does it to the wrong guy and gets the head boxed off him. So what!.  He'll keep his beak shut the next time. Happens every week up and down the country.  This is only an issue because its a Dublin player.  What id really like to know is what Byrne said.

moysider

Quote from: smelmoth on July 10, 2015, 09:52:59 PM

The point is that he did not submit a report, or at least did not mention anything needing investigation. That's unlikely to change now. If he didn t see anything then he didn't see anything ;). He can hardly go reporting anything now. CCCCCCCC? can t go launching an investigation without a report of an incident or complaint from a victim.

CP needs to look at challenge games. Maybe a system where referees are appointed. As things stand refs are reluctant to annoy managers because they won t be invited back if they are fussy. And I suspect that these games are nice pocket money and usually little or no pressure involved.