Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oileain blues

Why does each of the top table at the county convention get an individual vote in the election of county officers, because I believe this rule allows for the musical chair syndrome to prevail , culminating in the election of Mr Devaney as vice chair, I believe along with others that we need new blood which won't happen with the present rules in place.

SamFever

Quote from: oileain blues on December 21, 2016, 06:03:31 AM
Why does each of the top table at the county convention get an individual vote in the election of county officers, because I believe this rule allows for the musical chair syndrome to prevail , culminating in the election of Mr Devaney as vice chair, I believe along with others that we need new blood which won't happen with the present rules in place.
More of the 'island  rebel streak coming out.Why wouldn't they as they are members of County Board?Going on this thought process-are you suggesting that your own committee can't vote at an L-island AGM?

oileain blues

Surely the fact that each club attending the county convention has a max of 3 votes is a factor, all I'm saying is at the present there is no chance of changing the top table and introducing new blood while the current system prevails, it's musical chairs at present unless someone steps down.

thewobbler

Quote from: oileain blues on December 22, 2016, 08:11:50 AM
Surely the fact that each club attending the county convention has a max of 3 votes is a factor, all I'm saying is at the present there is no chance of changing the top table and introducing new blood while the current system prevails, it's musical chairs at present unless someone steps down.

The reason why the current system prevails is that the people on the top table have (nearly always) spent years helping the county out on a voluntary basis, doing a lot of the sh1t jobs that nobody likes to do, and have built up strong personal relationships with most of the clubs as a result.

When it comes to a vote between someone who has shown a constant willingness to help the county, and someone whose primary reason for standing is to overthrow an incumbent, it's nearly always going to be natural to vote to maintain the status quo.

downjim

whitegoodman

Paddy Tally going to Kilcoo as coach to work along with McIver.

Must be just as much money down there as there is around Burren..

wobbller

SHEEDY

Quote from: wobbller on January 01, 2017, 10:43:33 AM
Happy New Year to all.
happy new year to all, hopefully it can be a better one for down supporters. 2017 has already got off to a great start for burren with their minors winning the ulster title today. They beat kilrea from derry 4-8 to 3-5 in the final.
nil satis nisi optimum

SamFever

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 01, 2017, 04:08:37 PM
Quote from: wobbller on January 01, 2017, 10:43:33 AM
Happy New Year to all.
happy new year to all, hopefully it can be a better one for down supporters. 2017 has already got off to a great start for burren with their minors winning the ulster title today. They beat kilrea from derry 4-8 to 3-5 in the final.
How many outsiders were there on the Burren team?

weebob

I see you's had to go for a Burren to manage you's next this year you smart ass.

weebob

Congratulations to Burren minors ! You done the county proud.

downjim

When you need an Ulster title you can always rely on us.

Smurfy123

Well done Burren great win
I think this is going to be a great year for Down football
Kilcoo in Final of senior
Burren wining minor
From what I'm hearing the Down seniors are going very well at present
Clownjim how many outsiders on that Burren team today?

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 01, 2017, 06:42:09 PM
Well done Burren great win
I think this is going to be a great year for Down football
Kilcoo in Final of senior
Burren wining minor
From what I'm hearing the Down seniors are going very well at present
Clownjim how many outsiders on that Burren team today?
I had asked this earlier Smurfy.

Nanderson

Congratulations Burren!
Any word yet on a Down panel for the mckenna cup? How are we getting on in challenge games?