Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Gerard McGovern selected to play for Ulster. The best full back in the county

umpire

Danny Murphy of Burren has passed away R.I.P.
A true GAA Legend

supersub

RIP Danny. A tremendous servant to the GAA.

washed_up

R.I.P Danny had several dealings with Danny over the years - a hard worker for club,county and province- Thank you.

umpire

Down U21 final
Mayobridge 2.10   1.9 CPN

downjim

Big shock with that result. The Bridge seem to be getting their house in order at underage again.
Burren had a hard fought win v Dunloy, an Ulster title is an achievable target for these talented youngsters. Are Saul and Rostrevor our only winners in this tournament?

rosskarr

With only one election at Convention tonight,it'll be dreary.Only a good read and the odd laugh at the various reports will stop people falling asleep.

TheClutch

Anything exciting come from convention last night?
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

rosskarr

The excitement was rushing to cars after it was over.John Devaney still remains on one of the musical chairs.O'hanlon was unable to shift him.

Brick Tamlin

Im guessing there was another rousing speech about how this will be the year when Down rises from the ashes, The Down Way blah blah blah...
Oh and the internet is evil.

downjim

The magpies protest vote did not work, seamie may take up the whistle again.

The Raven

Can someone tell me how much we actually borrowed from Croke Park ?

snoopdog

The Club Players' Association (CPA) have responded to claims from a leading county board official that the forming of the new players' body was unnecessary.

In his address to the Down convention, county board secretary Sean Og McAteer said that "we do not need another body, the Gaelic Athletic Association is one body and one people".

The CPA has been set-up to help voice the concerns of club players and will officially be launched on January 9th.

Responding to McAteer's comments, the players' body released the following statement on its Facebook page yesterday:

"Interesting to see Down County convention report. We as group would never have thought of coming together only that the current system has total disregard for club players. Now Club players will have a voice that won't be ignored.

"The Down county board showed little regard for the players of Kilcoo, their own county champions, or indeed the prestige of their own league competition when they fixed the league final for 3 November in the week of an Ulster club championship match. Séan Óg McAteer is of course correct, goodwill and commitment would have avoided that situation and would have allowed the Down champions to prepare properly to represent their county."

"The absence of goodwill, common sense and a reasonable concern for the players led the Kilcoo withdrawing on grounds of player welfare. It is situations like this that have Club players saying enough is enough."

downjim

Is there any chance Kilcoos appeal will win? If it does will Castlewellan play ?

oileain blues

Why does each of the top table at the county convention get an individual vote in the election of county officers, because I believe this rule allows for the musical chair syndrome to prevail , culminating in the election of Mr Devaney as vice chair, I believe along with others that we need new blood which won't happen with the present rules in place.