Mayo v Donegal - Sunday 2nd April 2pm MacHale Park

Started by Farrandeelin, March 27, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 09:12:27 AM
Honestly lads, ye are blowing this whole thing all out of proportion.
Let it go.
I doubt Cormac even remembers reffing that game.

That's probably because he didn't ref it correctly.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Let it go.

Okay it's been a while since this was brought up but it feels like a natural reaction whenever a Meath man utters the words let it go ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpFFmlAPCek  ;D ;D

(Only thoughtful analysis Spillane ever offered all these years in my opinion ;))

Beffs

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 28, 2017, 10:18:58 AM
I think the level of hatred they hold for Reilly in Mayo has been greatly underestimated.

On a scale of 1-10, how bad is the hatred, compared to Kerry and "Dublin" Joe McQuillan?  8)

Crete Boom

Quote from: Beffs on March 28, 2017, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 28, 2017, 10:18:58 AM
I think the level of hatred they hold for Reilly in Mayo has been greatly underestimated.

On a scale of 1-10, how bad is the hatred, compared to Kerry and "Dublin" Joe McQuillan?  8)

Good question Beffs!! I would say a 7 which might seem low but I think Kerry's hatred of McQuillan is very underrated and underestimated  Gaa ref hatred!! ;D

Jinxy

I can see the Mayo media mafia making a big song and dance about this in order to try and 'get at' Cormac in advance of the game.
Not going to happen folks.
He will be as fair & balanced as always.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

Let it go.
its gone beyond a joke at this stage .
sure he's not mayo favorite ref but its disgusting the way every one feel free to build up a hatred of a volunteer ref.
he and his family will be well aware of this and it has turned very nasty .
Time to cop on
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

The funny thing is, that was a hugely enjoyable game for the neutrals watching on telly.
I can't even remember why Mayo fans were so mad at him afterwards.
Was it something to do with black cards?
The reality is that Aidan O'Shea and Cillian O'Connor had to sit out a good chunk of the game with head injuries and that was probably the difference in the end.

ballinaman

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 12:59:34 PM
The funny thing is, that was a hugely enjoyable game for the neutrals watching on telly.
The reality is that Aidan O'Shea and Cillian O'Connor had to sit out a good chunk of the game with head injuries and that was probably the difference in the end.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/CknIVCsoVYs

whitey

Biggest one for me was his failure to send off the Kerry corner back in the first 15 minutes when he had 2 indisputable opportunities to do so.  Kerry were given 2 extremely soft penalties and a plethora of tap over frees at vital stage ages of the game to pull them back into contention. Kerry also took several frees quite a distance from where they were initially awarded, making the hem much more scorae

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 12:07:21 PM
I can see the Mayo media mafia making a big song and dance about this in order to try and 'get at' Cormac in advance of the game.
Not going to happen folks.
He will be as fair & balanced as always.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

From the Bunker

God help the poor incompetent man but it is going to be a long day for him in Castlebar!

Jinxy

I dunno.
Bad decisions usually balance out over a game anyway.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on March 28, 2017, 01:06:44 PM
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/CknIVCsoVYs

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/reillys-officiating-lacked-consistency-284360.html

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 01:34:07 PM
I dunno.

Really?

How did Joe Sheridans rugby goal balance itself out for Louth?

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 01:34:07 PM
I dunno.

Are you taking the piss.

I met people from neutral counties months after that game and their comment
"It was just wrong"

Do I think he set out from Meath that day to shaft Mayo, no I don't.
But he absolutely had a huge bearing in determining the result, without a doubt.
Lets start with Kerry should have played three quarters of the game with a man down, and then the pissy frees, etc.

Why did the GAA need to appoint him to ref a Mayo game. They knew what the reaction would be. He is not even a championship referee.