Cork v Mayo 31/01/16

Started by larryin89, January 21, 2016, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Pairc ui rinn  it is for the second year on the trot in the league .

Last years game was a sickener , Hurley getting a goal in the dying moments of game where we were two points up . Everyone in the crowd could see it coming too .If we had of held out,the two points would of seen us through to semi spot for sure . In happier memories who can forget 13 in pairc ui caoimh , where we grinded out a win to secure our div one status and actually got to semi (fine lines) but cillians two glorious sideline points that day one from the left and the other from the right about 40 yards out will stick with me forever.

Our injury list for this game is crazy , Mayo news reported during the week 20 players only available for training . No word yet on Keith or Keane either which is getting more worrying by the day when you don't hear something . Cillian is out as we know , I'm not sure what the situation is with Aido and seamie ? Of the newbies Loftus got some sort of knock in Roscommon game too. 

Will regan  get a run, surely he has to but I'm hearing he's carrying some sort of knock too.

Boyle , keegan , caff, O hora, Vaughan, Harrison, nally , mchale  6/8 of that lot ?

Parsons and gibbons in the middle

DoC, Jason doc, kev Mac, Loftus, regan, Ronaldson. (Moran , Dillon ? What's the story ) Jesus forward line is weak without AOs and Cilian, castlebar not helping matters either jk  (kirby and Douglas primed for a league run this year)

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Here's the 2nd of those sideline balls, can't find the first from the opposite side. Top quality from COC

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--RHxG99BMc

Rossfan

Four hours and only 2 posts on a Rhu thread!!!!! :o
Bandwagon gone buicìnì? :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

larryin, I think I read somewhere that Conor Loftus` problem is a hamstring issue.

Syferus

Cork having league games at home should be outlawed.

rosnarun

Both Higgins and keane out for quiet a while keane 4/5 weeks not date set for Higgins which is very worrying

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/27105-mayo-duo-facing-spell-on-the-sidelines
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

macdanger2

That's a balls but at least it provides an opportunity for some of the younger lads like Hall, Coen, O'Hora to stake a claim

AZOffaly

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 22, 2016, 01:15:47 PM
That's a balls but at least it provides an opportunity for some of the younger lads like Hall, Coen, O'Hora to stake a claim
time to be getting the next generation plenty of game time. there needs to be a lot of players replaced in the next few years
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 22, 2016, 01:26:04 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 22, 2016, 01:15:58 AM
Cork having league games at home should be outlawed.

?

The last time Cork had a good home crowd for a league game Brian Boru was probably the leader of the country.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rosnarun on January 22, 2016, 12:46:41 PM
Both Higgins and keane out for quiet a while keane 4/5 weeks not date set for Higgins which is very worrying

Looking at least 2 months out with MCL injury. Higgins lucky it wasn't his ACL as at his age that injury could have ended his county career.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 22, 2016, 03:11:15 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on January 22, 2016, 12:46:41 PM

Looking at least 2 months out with MCL injury. Higgins lucky it wasn't his ACL as at his age that injury could have ended his county career.

Any cruciate tears are tricky animals. Usually means a player overcompensated when they come back and makes re-injury or hamstring strains more likely. Donie Shine had a similarly 'bright' cruciate prognosis but wasn't fully fight for the best part of a year.

Mayo4Sam

Anyone else heading down to this? I don't know who exactly i'm asking, half the contributors to this thread are rossies

Apparently Cork in disarray already according to one football man I was talking to today, it really is a shambles of a football county when you look at the talent that they have

Who knows what to expect, I wouldn't go expecting too much, likewise if we win or lose I wouldn't read too much into it. Cork could win the league or get relegated, we'll probably finish 4th-6th
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

criostlinn

Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2016, 11:52:55 PM

12 posts in and half from the noisy neighbours

Obsessed or what !!!!

Syferus

Quote from: criostlinn on January 22, 2016, 07:26:59 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2016, 11:52:55 PM

12 posts in and half from the noisy neighbours

Obsessed or what !!!!

About as touchy as the Mato supporters streaming out of McHale with five minutes to go on Sunday were.