Cork v Mayo 31/01/16

Started by larryin89, January 21, 2016, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpMeeyo

Quote from: mayoman dan on February 01, 2016, 06:35:36 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 01, 2016, 09:24:50 AM
I heard a lad behind me saying that mayo were going to get hammered in every match and that relegation has been coming for a few years, FFS!

Just a few things:

• This is what Cork do, for the rest of the league they won't hit the points they hit in the last 10 minutes of the first half. I had heard Goulding was flying, he was excellent yesterday
  • Its an away league match, thats all we've lost
  • I thought the first 15 minutes were good, I was happy out, we had the cork lads at arms length
  • It is very worrying that Rochford could not see that Cork were just fisting the ball back at us on our sickouts, all it took was someone to stand under it to win the breaks, or maybe not kick it out
  • Hennelly, for all his great saves, is a liability
[/b]
  • Regan is not the messiah, looking at him yesterday he's at least a year away from being able for senior IC football, the little jinks and dummy solos get eaten up by good backs. And get your hands on the f**king ball before you start throwing the shoulder. And tackle, put some work in rather than a token effort at looking like your working, have a look at DOC, COS or Jason Doc for an example. I really hope theres more to him than what was there yesterday
  • Mikey Sweeney - where do you start
  • Not a great fan of COS but a good second half yesterday. Harrison was very good IMO and the two Barrymore lads were decent
  • Another depressing day in Cork but you'd hope that the misplaced passes we saw when we had the upper hand in the first half are just rustiness

Totally agree on Hennelly.Aimless kickout after aimless kickout it was like Limerick all over again.

+1

heffo