The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I read somewhere that the choice of Pennant or Lennon is akin to being asked if you would prefer a kick in the balls or a dig on the nose. . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

I for one am happy enough with getting Real Madrid,I watched them last weekend v Barca and I wasn't over impressed with them,thats not to say it's going to be easy but it could have been a worse draw
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

REAL - let's fecking have ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Real Laoislad

What date is the home leg on?
I might go to it,don't usually go midweek but then its not every day 2 of the most successful clubs in Europe play each other  :) 14 European Cups between them  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Liverpool are at home in the second leg

March 10/11

corn02

I should be able to get tickets for this, was at PSV and had Marsaille on fan card.

Tpo be honest once you hit the last 16 it doesn;t matter, playing at home second is the key.

Midman

No Rafa today, will be interesting to see how the team is lined out. No doubt the golden retriever will start on his own up front. I hope we see Babal and Keane at some stage and that Leiva doesnt come on. Id also be delighted if either Aurelio or Insua start instead of Dossena, if he plays every attack will go down that wing

Minus15

brokencrossbar1

No rafa, little Sammy is the man today.  Please Go 4-4-2 Sammy, though I doubt that will happen. 

Carmen Stateside

Big game for Sammy to step in, but and the end of the day he will not be playing!
There is no way he will go with Kuyt alone again today, think he will be out wide with keane back in for Benyoun!

J70

Rafa will still pick the team and, I would imagine, be on the phone all the time regarding changes.

corn02

Fine line between 4-4-2 and 4-3-2-1. The latter worked brilliantly at Chelsea, so I will not be dissapointed either way.

corn02

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Riera, Kuyt, Lucas, Alonso, Gerrard, Keane.

Happy enough with that. Mascherano has been very poor.

Midman

Quote from: corn02 on December 21, 2008, 03:20:03 PM
The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Riera, Kuyt, Lucas, Alonso, Gerrard, Keane.

Happy enough with that. Mascherano has been very poor.

Yeah but Mascherano has shown how good he can be, Lucas has gone backwards as far as im concerned. Glad kuyt on the wing and Keane up front though

brokencrossbar1

Happy enough with that.  Masch has needed a rest as he didn't get a break over the summer and has looked extremely tired.  Lucas can be good when it is running right for him, and given the nature of the game and the fact that Arsenal are a footballing team this might suit him better than other games.  Keane must deliver, but so too must the players supplying him.  Kut, Riera and Gerard need to support him early and often.  Nice balance at the back and absolutely delighted to see Agger back and Insua getting his chance.  A massive vote of confidence for him to be picked in such a high profile game.