TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 26, 2020, 07:11:01 AM
The toughest summer last night on RTE was very good.
Is this it, on AIB's You Tube channel   http://www.youtube.com/aib

'The documentary will also be available on AIB's YouTube channel from 1pm on Thursday, August 27th'

gerrykeegan

Yes that's it. Well worth a look at.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Main Street

Tony Baloney

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 27, 2020, 10:17:48 PM
Bloodline any good?

Enjoyed the 1st season. Halfway through the 2nd season we got bogged down in the grimness of all the characters and bowed out. Might revisit. Have a brother who raves about it.

Finally got around to starting The Office (USA). My god, its some craic but tough going at times! 4 episodes max before a break from Michael Scott!

Rudi

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 27, 2020, 10:17:48 PM
Bloodline any good?

Huge promise after 1st series, bogged down a bit in middle series, but still interesting. Final series was a huge let down, desperate to be honest.

bennydorano

Lost home videos of Nazi Germany (2 episodes), BBC4 /iplayer. Grim at times but really Fascinating.

GetOverTheBar

Just finished Narcos Mexico at the weekend. Great show.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 03, 2020, 10:32:54 AM
Just finished Narcos Mexico at the weekend. Great show.

Yeah I thought the Mexico series was excellent.

square_ball

I haven't seen it posted anywhere but has anyone caught the All or Nothing for Spurs on Prime (or other means)? Decent watch so far although a bit cliche in terms of team talks etc. Looking forward to the rest of them.

laoislad

Quote from: square_ball on September 03, 2020, 01:16:04 PM
I haven't seen it posted anywhere but has anyone caught the All or Nothing for Spurs on Prime (or other means)? Decent watch so far although a bit cliche in terms of team talks etc. Looking forward to the rest of them.
*Spoiler Alert* They don't win anything.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Enjoying the rerun of Shameless on C4 recently.

The first 4 series or so was great. After that it turned into a bit of a farce.

HiMucker

Highly recommend the latest documentary on Netflix, My Octopus Teacher. Some of the footage is stunning. Something completely different, it's like a wildlife/ mental health/environmental doc rolled in to one.

lurganblue

I have been watching Goliath on Prime. 1st series was absolutely excellent, 2nd season not so much, and the 3rd has been complete tripe so far. Such a disappointment.

gallsman

I enjoyed first season of Goliath. Then the second season went batshit crazy and somehow was about amputee fetishes and gave up completely. Absolute nonsense.