Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

MCcauls Pub have a B&B and also the Bridge Resturant thats all that i know of in the town but if u go to goldenpages.ie and type in B&B's in Cavan u should find more.

shotstopper1

Hotels

http://www.farnhamarmshotel.com/   (centre of town)

http://www.kilmorehotelcavan.com/

http://www.cavanhotel-crystal.com/

http://www.farnhamestate.ie/

B&B's in Town

McCauls Pub + B&B      049 4331327
The Bridge Restaurant    049  4331538

B&B'S 5-10 min walk from town centre

New County  049 4361744
Glendown House   049 4332257
Oliver Smith          086 6005518
Glenlara House      049  4331136
Carmel Smith        049 4371466
Avalon                   049  4331673
Oakdene                049  4331698
//

SuperHans

Thanks a million folks will get on it asap. McCauls sounds good. Beer, Bed and Breakfast!

cavan4ever

Quote from: SuperHans on July 18, 2007, 11:26:07 AM
Thanks a million folks will get on it asap. McCauls sounds good. Beer, Bed and Breakfast!

We have very little to be at until the Club Championship's start next weeked!!

BallyhaiseMan

if your're interested in a piss up and are looking at staying in a hotel id advise staying in the farnham arms,
as its in the centre of town,and you're right in the middle of the action.

Kilmore,Crystal and Radisson are well removed from the town centre.
Cant say i know too much about B and B's in Cavan as i only live about 5/6 miles out the road.

On a sat night
McMahons or the Sibin for starters up until 11.30-12

Then Farnham(night club) if you're under 25
Imperial Night Club if you're over 25  :D

as all us Ballyhaise footballers are known to be alcoholics,i should know the places fairly well by now  ;)

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 18, 2007, 12:50:25 PM

as all us Ballyhaise footballers are known to be alcoholics,i should know the places fairly well by now  ;)

Well use will have f**k all else to do in a few weeks anyway  :D :D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 18, 2007, 01:02:24 PM

if youse get through the losing first round back door system,i hope we get to play you later on in the championship  ;)  ;D

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 18, 2007, 01:32:13 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 18, 2007, 01:02:24 PM

if youse get through the losing first round back door system,i hope we get to play you later on in the championship  ;)  ;D

Well we will have 2 new players but will be missing 3-4 for the drumlane game because of holidays so chances are slim for that one anyway.

maverick

QuoteWell we will have 2 new players but will be missing 3-4 for the drumlane game because of holidays so chances are slim for that one anyway.

reckon drumlane will win this one, hear drung are missing a good few. And what about poor Galligan, i know you boys like to give him a hard time on this board from time to time but he's had a realy tough time of it these last 2 and a half years. believe he's having surgery tomorrow so hope it goes well. i think he's gonna develop eventually into a decent county footballer but he needs a little bit of time. its a f**cking scandal that he was misdiagnosed all year long, playing through the year with that injury and not getting it sorted out as a result.

Cavanfan

Then Farnham(night club) if you're under 25
Imperial Night Club if you're over 25  [/color]

The farnham if under 20 I'd say! Hit Imperial Nightclub and then residents bar in Farnham after, always a good laugh!!

cavan4ever

Quote from: maverick on July 18, 2007, 03:47:35 PM
i know you boys like to give him a hard time on this board from time to time but he's had a realy tough time of it these last 2 and a half years. believe he's having surgery tomorrow so hope it goes well. i think he's gonna develop eventually into a decent county footballer but he needs a little bit of time. its a f**cking scandal that he was misdiagnosed all year long, playing through the year with that injury and not getting it sorted out as a result.

Yeah bit of a joke alright, it would make u wonder if they know what there at in there.  I do give him a hard time myself but as you say he has had a tough time with injuries which i wasn't taking account off so maybe he will come good when all is sorted but i won't be holding my breath.  Don't expect us to beat Drumlane if we had a full squad would fancy are chances so just hope we have players back for the  "losing first round back door system" as BHman calls it !!

mylestheslasher

Looks like this p***k is on the move too. Good riddance I say. He showed no heart or balls all year for Cavan. Fermanagh were better off without him and so will Cavan be. Just goes to show how much respect he had for the 'Lough! Who'd want a it of him at county level now?

From Hoganstand....

Rory Gallagher on the move again?
18 July 2007

It is strongly rumoured in Cavan GAA circles that Rory Gallagher the former Fermanagh player who declared for Cavan this season and played with the Breffni county in the recent NFL and indeed the championship, as well as playing his club football with one of the top senior clubs in the county, Crosserlough could well be on the move once again. He failed to line out for the Crosserlough side in the Cavan SFL Division One game at the Gowna venue last Sunday – a top of the table clash – and is currently on holidays.

It has been learned that Gallagher is returning to Dublin senior club, St. Brigid's in Blanchardstown from where he was originally transferred to the Killnaleck club.

A Cavan Co. Board official said during the week that no transfer has been received to date from Gallagher. A Crosserlough GFC spokesman said that his transfer was in the process of completion. Gallagher had expressed a wish to go back to the St. Brigid's GFC where he played for a number of years.

The news has taken the Crosserlough club and supporters completely by surprise. He had transferred to Cavan at the beginning of the year and was in business in the county and played in a number of national league games and in the championship with Cavan as well as lining out with Crosserlough. While nothing has been signed as yet informed sources indicate that the transfer is in the pipeline. It is understood that Gallagher has cited work changes with his job with Manpower and personal reasons for his decision to return to Dublin.

Gallagher made his debut for Cavan against Queen's University in the Dr McKenna Cup last January when he came on in the second-half of that game. He has been playing his club football for Crosserlough in the senior league competition. Incidentally, his last game for Crosserlough was against Mullahoran on Friday 29th June in Kilnaleck when he scored nine points in his club's 1-11 to 1-9 win.

Should he transfer it would be a severe blow to Crosserlough hopes of success at senior level this season, coming just weeks before the commencement of the championship season in the Breffni county.

CC1

Disgraceful... You have to feel for Crosserlough more than anyone in this. Could be a huge blow to their championship hopes.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavan4ever

Quote from: CC1 on July 19, 2007, 11:39:27 AM
Disgraceful... You have to feel for Crosserlough more than anyone in this. Could be a huge blow to their championship hopes.

I dunno he didn't train once with them and only played four games, id say there glad to see the back off him.

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 19, 2007, 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: CC1 on July 19, 2007, 11:39:27 AM

I dunno he didn't train once with them and only played four games, id say there glad to see the back off him.

From what I've heard from a few Lough boys c4ever is spot on. Good riddance to the pre-madonna...

Lads just thinking about this, will we have a panel at all next year at this rate;

Jelly ??
Gunner ??
Cahill ??
Gaynor ??
Pierson ??
Gallagher ??

Also the possiblity of one or two boys hanging up the boots ?