Rugby - David Knox has a right cut off Munster and Kidney

Started by AZOffaly, May 13, 2008, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tankie on May 13, 2008, 02:37:42 PM
He's dead right about Kidney tho, we really would have been better off with fresh blood taking charge of the team.

Well, that remains to be seen. I'm not convinced that Kidney will be a great Ireland coach, but he deserves his chance. He hasn't stood still at Munster, and he has proved he can learn. That's important, as we saw when Eddie O'Sullivan refused to change anything until it was too late.

Kidney may well fail, and he will need a very good backup team, which is hugely important, but I can't begrudge him his chance to fail. He may well succeed too.

One thing I hope is that he is not lambasted if we get a few hammerings in the Autumn internationals, he could well lose a few games before the 6 nations starts, but he needs to be given a chance to get his ideas across.

Hoof Hearted

anyone going to cardiff next weekend, maybe meet up for a few beer ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gnevin

That was some rant and a lot of what he says is true or has elements of truth in it but the anger make it hard really take it serious.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Main Street

Cheika's clear take on it in the radio interview is that it's a sour grape rant after his contract was not renewed.

Old Bill

this guy has to be taken with a pinch of salt saying his contract was not renewed with leinster!  although he does raise some good points like brian carneys failure to thrive at munster.  i have watched this guy in league and union from his days at gateshead and he is a classy winger.  evvn for a winger he isn gettin on the ball at all.  O sullivan comes out in a bad light here and i would believe knox view of his lack of communication!  Cheika has only said that on radio for fear of being lynched by the IRFU and fans!

Main Street

No reason to doubt the story that Knox's contract was not renewed.

People pick up on what supports their view.
Everybody will at least find one line to agree with.

Nobody picks up on his final shot 
"But here, people don't mind. It's amazing".....
"Most of the time, the rugby is so poor. But I guess that's what you have been brought up with"