Football All-Stars 2014

Started by Sidney, September 01, 2014, 07:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

rodney trotter

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on November 30, 2014, 11:27:49 AM
Yeah, but this is the game he actually plays.
Get back to me when he can kick a size 4 in makey-uppey rules once a year.

Jim Mc Guinness is the new Rules maanger in 2015 so the all-ireland championship has been postponed till late November

macdanger2

Quote from: Napper on November 26, 2014, 11:19:57 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on November 26, 2014, 03:09:14 PM
I think Jim mcguinness would be a good appointment as manager for the next couple of series. who makes the appointments and how long was Early given?

There won't be a game of club or inter county championship football played before December if Jim gets that job.

Quote from: INDIANA on November 30, 2014, 10:34:14 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 30, 2014, 11:27:49 AM
Yeah, but this is the game he actually plays.
Get back to me when he can kick a size 4 in makey-uppey rules once a year.

Jim Mc Guinness is the new Rules maanger in 2015 so the all-ireland championship has been postponed till late November

That was funny a couple of days ago when napper posted it....

DennistheMenace

A crowd of 700, this should be scrapped.

mylestheslasher

Watched the "highlights" of this game on TG4 just now. What an embarrassment. f**kers made no effort to play the game at all with any bit of intensity. It should be scrapped immediately as if this is  a promotional tool all it will do is promote every other sport its in competition for. Lads flicking the ball and doing back heels. Send them to bloody Bundoran next year if that is the players attitude.

DennistheMenace

That game was nothing like football as we know it, played with very little enthusiasm. I see journalists were betting on 1st goal scorer McBrearty because 'he doesn't drink'. Does this mean the rest of them were on the piss before the game? This game doesn't promote football in the way it should, in front of a tiny crowd of 700. What's the point really. Just give them a holiday.

orangeman

Quote from: DennistheMenace on December 02, 2014, 09:11:08 AM
That game was nothing like football as we know it, played with very little enthusiasm. I see journalists were betting on 1st goal scorer McBrearty because 'he doesn't drink'. Does this mean the rest of them were on the piss before the game? This game doesn't promote football in the way it should, in front of a tiny crowd of 700. What's the point really. Just give them a holiday.

Or a carry out for the drinkers and a case of Evian for those who don't.

DennistheMenace

It just rubs me up the wrong way this farce, I'm all for the All-Stars getting a trip (even though non All-Stars seem to go every year) but these types of games are an embarrasment and no way reflect the intensity in our game.

Compare that rubbish to the International Rules, there is no comparison in enjoy, intensity, dedication and professionalism in all but name. Yet we hear much more of an outcry over it. Amazing.

rosnarun

Look Its akolly as a way of rewarding th best players in Lieu of payment  and they do a little promotion while they are there . the matches are not really for home comsumption,
If they took it more seriously  and got injured now that would put an end to it pretty Quick.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

twohands!!!

Quote from: DennistheMenace on December 02, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
It just rubs me up the wrong way this farce, I'm all for the All-Stars getting a trip (even though non All-Stars seem to go every year) but these types of games are an embarrasment and no way reflect the intensity in our game.

Anyone have any idea how the non All-Stars get selected for this gig?

Is it a case of who you know or is there an actual proper system in place?

heffo

Quote from: twohands!!! on December 02, 2014, 11:31:03 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on December 02, 2014, 09:16:35 AM

Anyone have any idea how the non All-Stars get selected for this gig?

Is it a case of who you know or is there an actual proper system in place?

Mostly a nod and a wink.

A high profile player a few years ago wasn't selected, a call went in to Croke pk to include him anyway on the trip.

He was well known for enjoying himself on trips like these so he was told he'd be included on the basis that he was in good shape to host a table of high rollers one of the nights at one of the fundraisers.

The morning of the function he landed in at 8am after a heavy night out and was back out in a taxi at 11.30am - he didn't host the table that night.

DennistheMenace

Don't think there is a system in place, presume it's who you are and who you know.

mrdeeds

The two Cavan lads were nominated last year. And so what if  it's just a session. Let them let their hair down after a huge effort they put in during the year. Some people just love being miserable.

rodney trotter

Colin Walshe, Donaghy, Michael Dara McAuley were either injured or had club commitments so whoever was nominated for an All Star was called up , not rocket science.