Paddy Bradley throws a dummy

Started by longrunsthefox, June 26, 2010, 11:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Paddy throws the dummy out of the pram 

Bradley quits Derry

Derry's preparations for today's All-Ireland football qualifier against Carlow have been thrown into disarray after star forward Paddy Bradley sensationally quit the squad.
It's understood that the former All-Star, who recently stated that he would retire from inter-county football at the end of this season, will not travel with Damian Cassidy's squad to Dr Cullen Park after being told at training on Thursday night that he would not be starting against Luke Dempsey's side.
When contacted yesterday, the Glenullin clubman refused to comment on the matter.
The news comes 12 months after the prolific scorer left the Derry panel before the county's qualifier with Monaghan. On that occasion, Bradley cited personal reasons for his decision which came a week before the game in Clones. He subsequently changed his mind, however, returning to score 2-8 against the Farneymen.
Bradley is the Ulster championship's all-time record scorer and has been one of the country's top marksmen since he joined the Derry panel in 2000, racking up a mind-boggling 17-193 in that time.
It's believed that Bradley's decision will not affect the participation of his brother, Eoin, who will remain as part of the team and travel to Carlow.

magickingdom

Midlands Man

Jesus what sort of a clown is that fella...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Midlands Man on June 26, 2010, 12:40:26 PM
Jesus what sort of a clown is that fella...

The answer is in your question

Midlands Man

Longrun are you a derry man , i wonder will he be back the next day...Why didnt the manager start him when he knew what he was like?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Midlands Man on June 26, 2010, 12:50:08 PM
Longrun are you a derry man , i wonder will he be back the next day...Why didnt the manager start him when he knew what he was like?
longrun is most definitely not a derry man.  The manager obviously decided that some experimentation was called for given the failure of his system against Armagh.  Paddy hasn't been as prolific as usual this year, but the manager in common with many on here maybe thinks that paddy and eoin don't work well together at county level, or at least that they stifle the other forwards to an extent.  Facts seem to back it up, but maybe that's a managerial problem for failing to find a way to facilitate his best players? 
It was a stupid and unprofessional reaction from PB, but as he said in an interview a month or so ago, he hasn't always seen eye to eye with Cassidy and he obviously just decided that fcuk it, if he wasn't going to start, why would he bother going down.

barelegs

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 26, 2010, 01:08:33 PM
longrun is most definitely not a derry man.  The manager obviously decided that some experimentation was called for given the failure of his system against Armagh.  Paddy hasn't been as prolific as usual this year, but the manager in common with many on here maybe thinks that paddy and eoin don't work well together at county level, or at least that they stifle the other forwards to an extent.  Facts seem to back it up, but maybe that's a managerial problem for failing to find a way to facilitate his best players? 
It was a stupid and unprofessional reaction from PB, but as he said in an interview a month or so ago, he hasn't always seen eye to eye with Cassidy and he obviously just decided that fcuk it, if he wasn't going to start, why would he bother going down.

There have been rumours going around for a while that all might not be well in the Derry camp, the suspicion being that the Bradley borthers want to see Baker take over.

Bogball XV

Quote from: barelegs on June 26, 2010, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 26, 2010, 01:08:33 PM

There have been rumours going around for a while that all might not be well in the Derry camp, the suspicion being that the Bradley borthers want to see Baker take over.
I know that training turnouts have been poor and to see a manager head off and draft in players who haven't featured in his panel all year just before the qualifiers (for the second successive year) never bodes well.  I've heard the bradley rumours before, but, i still think they're just that, people putting 2 + 2 together for no obvious reason.

longrunsthefox

Will he be back for the next game?

Bogball XV

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 26, 2010, 10:58:02 PM
Will he be back for the next game?
doubtful, can't see cass going back on bended knee again.

ONeill

Heard that Cassidy toul the BBC that he'd terminate the interview if Paddy's name was brought up. Must cut deep.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mid Down Gael

Damian Cass has lost it in Derry. Sounds like a know all. Kevin McGuckian and Paddy Bradley should walk onto that Derry team, and its terrible treatment to drop them with the service they have given. Considering some off the donkeys ive seen playing for them in the last two years, its hard to understand why they where left out originally. IMO Cassidy is putting Derry football backwards.

screenexile

I just wouldn't be convinced that Kevin walked his wife had a baby during the week there and I'd say that had more to do with it!!

I could be wrong though!

Midlands Man

I doubt Cassidy left him on the bench because he thinks he has better footballers in the team , id say he was leaving him on the bench as he reckoned Derry didnt need him against Carlow, but Bradley been Bradley sulked. My guess is he l be back...

Bogball XV

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 27, 2010, 10:21:37 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 12:08:57 AM
Damian Cass has lost it in Derry. Sounds like a know all. Kevin McGuckian and Paddy Bradley should walk onto that Derry team, and its terrible treatment to drop them with the service they have given. Considering some off the donkeys ive seen playing for them in the last two years, its hard to understand why they where left out originally. IMO Cassidy is putting Derry football backwards.

Paddy did nothing against Armagh, on that performance he doesn't deserve his place, certainly not because he is Paddy Bradley.
did you see that game?  He ended up with 1.2 from little or no service, what do you want from him, did he not track back far enough to win his own possession?