The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

You gotta be delighted with the 1-0 but that was getting so frustrating. I don't know how Kuyt managed to complete the 90 mins. That game should show rafa that he needs a good winger. Hopefully Babel coming back will help but Kuyt was awful today. So predictable and one footed. You could see Gerrard and Torres getting frustrated with him as he gave the ball away again and again. Doesn't posess the ability to deliver a pass when he sees it. Definitely not a right winger when there is two up front but can still do a decent job with 5 in midfield when he has less defensive duties I feel. Dossena had a decent game. No sign of Voronin or Pennant again!

upthehoops

Quote from: corn02 on August 16, 2008, 06:23:43 PM
This is incredibly boring,
After watching The match from Croker I watched 10 miins of this and had to switch over. There is absolutely no comparison between the games. Boring , sterile crap

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: upthehoops on August 16, 2008, 07:57:33 PM
After watching The match from Croker I watched 10 miins of this and had to switch over. There is absolutely no comparison between the games. Boring , sterile crap

Totally agree, watched the match from Croker and the soccer was just dull after, but then thats the EPL for you!
Tbc....

J70

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 16, 2008, 08:48:50 PM

Totally agree, watched the match from Croker and the soccer was just dull after, but then thats the EPL for you!

Better to watch another facile four goal victory for Celtic then, is that it? ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Listen I've seen plenty of awful gaelic football games in my time and you don't have to go too far back to find them. Why people try to keep comparing two different sports is beyond me?

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 17, 2008, 03:25:33 AM

Listen I've seen plenty of awful gaelic football games in my time and you don't have to go too far back to find them. Why people try to keep comparing two different sports is beyond me?

I wonder who "the hoops" in his name are (I guess after that statement they're definitely not going to be Celtic!).

corn02

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 17, 2008, 03:25:33 AM

That's not really fair is it? It was relevant yesterday because the majority would have watched the two games. One was very entertaining and one was shite. Noone was comparing the sports.

The Real Laoislad

Thanks for such a great input,Now f**k off and start your own bitter thread about such topics as you have mentioned above.
This is a Liverpool FC thread not a soccer is shite thread
You'll Never Walk Alone.

slow corner back

If you were boss of a multi national company would you take sh*t like that from a manager in public. Benitez is walking a fine line and has been for some time. How long does he have left on his contract? One things for sure LFC has not been a smooth ship since the yanks became involved although Benitez does not help the situation.

under the bar

You really can't blame Hicks & Gillette for not giving Benitez the money as they must think he's a buffoon in the transfer market.  His record is a joke, buying players who wouldn't get a game for Wolves.

J70

Quote from: under the bar on August 17, 2008, 07:13:56 PM
You really can't blame Hicks & Gillette for not giving Benitez the money as they must think he's a buffoon in the transfer market.  His record is a joke, buying players who wouldn't get a game for Wolves.

If Hicks and Gillette think Benitez is a buffoon, then their obvious recourse is to fire him, is it not?

under the bar

QuoteIf Hicks and Gillette think Benitez is a buffoon, then their obvious recourse is to fire him, is it not?

Yes.  And they will.

Mentalman

Quote from: under the bar on August 17, 2008, 07:46:04 PM
QuoteIf Hicks and Gillette think Benitez is a buffoon, then their obvious recourse is to fire him, is it not?

Yes.  And they will.

They will in their hole. They have no interest in LFC at this point other than getting out with a profit. Sack Rafa and they have to pay him off firstly. Then to attract another manager of any renown they have to offer a new sizable transfer budget - not on the cards. What manager worth their salt would take a job where two septic tanks, who've barely attended a game, have a veto on who you spend your transfer budget on?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

bingobus

Quote from: slow corner back on August 17, 2008, 06:36:43 PM
If you were boss of a multi national company would you take sh*t like that from a manager in public. Benitez is walking a fine line and has been for some time. How long does he have left on his contract? One things for sure LFC has not been a smooth ship since the yanks became involved although Benitez does not help the situation.

Why the feck shouldn't say what he has said? He is constantly asked, day in day out and he is been painted in the press as been the baddie in all of this. He has been told that the money is there, he hasn't sent a whole pile of it the summer, he has sold to buy so far. He has targetted one player that he really wants and the player wants to come. Then two f**king Yanks who wouldn't know if it was pumped or stuffed decide that the player is to expansive at that price!!! wtf would they know. Then Parry the clown, who they wanted sacked not 5 minutes ago, sides with them.

Rafa runs the football side, if he has 18m to send and he wants to send it on Gareth Barry, Ciaran Whelan or Donna & Joe then so be it. If it flops and we don't progress, then have the balls to sack him. Don't sit across the Atlantic sending bullshit emails and empty promises. Parry manages to make an arse out of everything. Them 3 should be more worried about trying to get this stadium off the ground, improve the business side of things and leave the football to the footballers.

Under the bar, he may have bought a few donkeys but they soon where shown the door and most of the them at a profit. As for his good buys, I don't need to list them.