The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Gs Man on May 01, 2008, 12:26:02 PM
Upon her release after 24 years of being locked away, Miss Fritzl's first question was " Are Liverpool still shit ? "

I'll get me coat.....

That might work only for the fact that in 1984 Liverpool were league champions and won the European Cup.

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on May 01, 2008, 11:45:22 AM
Uladh, one of my first choices would be Bentley. Nearly 20 assists this season, probably around £12 million I would imagine, the other two im undecided on. Queresama would be great, but unrealistic. I still think Villa would be a good buy.

Full-backs? I have no idea to be honest.

Bentley would be a decent buy alright but as with most English players, you'd have to pay through the nose for him. Gareth Barry would be a good buy, Alonso is a shadow of his former self and I can see him leaving. Barry wouldnt cost much if Carson went in the other direction & we got a few quid for alonso. Villa is over priced & too similar to torres. But maybe David Silva from valencia. A good player, cheaper than villa and could also play on the left if needed. So there you go - Barry, Bentley & Silva would do for me.

As for full backs, Rafinha & Degen have been mentioned. Dont know much about either but presume they wouldnt cost much and just provide cover/competition for arbeloa & aurelio.

Quote from: Yes I Would on May 01, 2008, 12:04:39 PM
Very little quality at out there at the right sort of dough, and im not convinced 3 players is even enough to make a serious challenge!!
Wingmen, Full back, Centre half, Keeper, all badly needed.
Ashley Young from Villa
Richard Dunne from City

2 from prem who could help improve squad.

Dont think we need a centre half. One of our priorities should be to get Agger off the treatment table. A fully fit agger might have been enough to get us past chelsea last night.

Uladh

come on lads. if you need to add 3 players the squad to win the title, they must be better than what you have. if i were a liverpool fan and you needed a full back, a creative midfielder and a striker then i'd look for richards, Miguel Veloso and huntelaar.

richards will be the england right back for the next ten years. his pace and power and the fact he's comfortable at centre back would make him a phenominal acquisition. veloso can play dm as rafa likes or can be very creative from cm ala scholes. huntelaar is an out and out centre forward. given that most top teams operate with one up front he offers something different and more physical in that role and if paired with torres they could form a deadly forward unit. just so happens those are the 3 i'd like to see united get in the summer...

nifan

Uladh, I reckon those three would cost more between them than we will be given to spend.

GalwayBayBoy

Right now I think we need two full-backs and two wide midfielders. The only full-back we have up to the required standard is Steve Finnan who's now 32 and increasingly picking up injuries. I think we're fine at centre-back. We'll have Agger back next season and Skrtel has settled in well. In fact you could argue that they could well be the first choice pairing at the centre of defence next season. Didn't help last night that we were left with our two slowest central defenders on the field when Skrtel went off injured.

Wide midfielders who knows? Seems like we've been looking for those for the past 10 years.

A partner for Torres would be nice but I suspect that Babel will play more games up front next season if we can get some wide midfielders in.

If Alonso goes then a replacement for him will have to be found although he said he has no plans to leave.

Those leaving will probably include Crouch, Kewell, Riise maybe Pennant.

Not sure how much cash we will have to spend though so hard to name targets. Especially expensive ones.

Yes I Would

Absolute madness if he lets Crouchy go. If he had been given half the games Kuyt had i reckon he would have twice the goals.
Hypia and if truth be told Carra has lost that yard of pace. Cover is needed at the back big time and now is the time to be making a move for Dunne or Richards with City in a bit of turmoil.
Kuyt, Riise, Pennant, Kewell, Reina, should all be shown the door, if the club is serious in mounting a title challenge next season!

supersarsfields

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Yes I Would on May 01, 2008, 03:18:58 PM
Absolute madness if he lets Crouchy go. If he had been given half the games Kuyt had i reckon he would have twice the goals.
Hypia and if truth be told Carra has lost that yard of pace. Cover is needed at the back big time and now is the time to be making a move for Dunne or Richards with City in a bit of turmoil.
Kuyt, Riise, Pennant, Kewell, Reina, should all be shown the door, if the club is serious in mounting a title challenge next season!

Why would you get rid of Reina? The best keeper we've had in donkey's years. Joint amount of clean sheets in England this season. Beat Ray Clemence to 100 clean sheets for the club. Good keepers aren't easy to find.

Personally I wouldn't get rid of Crouch but I think it's fairly obvious that he's not in Rafa's plans. Plus we'd probably get decent cash for him. Kuyt I would hang onto as he's a decent squad player I think.

corn02

Kuyt and Reina, you on the wind-up YesIWould?

girt_giggler

I hope Rafael van der Vaart comes to Liverpool. absolute quality.

stevo-08

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 01, 2008, 03:01:17 PM
Right now I think we need two full-backs and two wide midfielders. The only full-back we have up to the required standard is Steve Finnan who's now 32 and increasingly picking up injuries. I think we're fine at centre-back. We'll have Agger back next season and Skrtel has settled in well. In fact you could argue that they could well be the first choice pairing at the centre of defence next season. Didn't help last night that we were left with our two slowest central defenders on the field when Skrtel went off injured.

Wide midfielders who knows? Seems like we've been looking for those for the past 10 years.

A partner for Torres would be nice but I suspect that Babel will play more games up front next season if we can get some wide midfielders in.

If Alonso goes then a replacement for him will have to be found although he said he has no plans to leave.

Those leaving will probably include Crouch, Kewell, Riise maybe Pennant.

Not sure how much cash we will have to spend though so hard to name targets. Especially expensive ones.

Whether he goes or not, a central midfielder is required to take Alonso's place. He's just too slow for the midfield and games constantly pass him by. Lucas will be good but at the moment he's too lightweight, but definitely one for the future.

And I certainly wouldnt go mad spending money on full backs or centre backs. Our defence is ok - only utd & chelsea have conceded fewer goals, joint highest number of clean sheets. Get Agger back on the pitch and we'll be fine. Ok, it'd be really nice to have full backs like evra, cole, clichy etc., but that aint going to happen too quickly.

We have to concentrate on our main problem - far too many draws this year. We need some quality midfielders & another striker, thats why i mentioned Barry, Bentley, Silva. 3 decent players who wouldnt break the bank especially if we got rid of some deadwood and get a nice few bob for carson & crouch.

Yes I Would

Afraid not Corn, I am just not convinced by Reina!! Too unpredictable under high ball and crosses. Good shot stopper, but always feel that he is never far from a costly blunder.

Kuyt, runs his bollix off and cant fault his effort, but goal scoring threat is minimal. Lets be real, we are now measuing ourselves against Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal and i dont think either of these three would have him about the place. He was bought to score goals, and hasnt delivered. Do we perserve for another year with him and face another fruitless season next year?? I would hope not!

stevo-08

I wouldnt sell kuyt. dont forget he got goals v Inter, Arsenal & Chelsea. Also scored in the CL final last year. And he may have been bought as a striker and to score goals but he's been playing on the wing most times this season. But he's a player who should be used as backup, not a regular.

As for Reina, would never let him go.

Yes I Would

I hope im proven wrong!!Just worry that we seem to be going backwards!!
Bottom line is trophies!!

lynchbhoy

while not being convinced about reina the person that liverpool most need to get rid of is benitez