The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteIt ended up in the second row of the crowd

Might not have been counted as a pass so ...  ::)

I rate Torres, and it's hardly his fault if he's playing as a (token) lone striker when the rest of his team are concentrating on not conceding rather than creating.  And, as has been very fairly pointed out, he has scored a lot of goals on the break this year, including those against Chelsea and Inter.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Did anyone see the pig flying past there, Boots being positive about a Liverpool player :P  Next thing Grumpy and Stiles will say they play good football!!!!

nifan

If he says something positive about gerrard we will know his account has been hacked....

brokencrossbar1

QuotePosted on: Today at 10:17:16 AMPosted by: nifan 
Insert Quote
If he says something positive about gerrard we will know his account has been hacked....

Now you know you're just being plain silly ;D

BTW do you use your e-mail account that is against your username nifan?

Billys Boots

QuoteBoots being positive about a Liverpool player

I don't really consider him to be a Liverpool player, he's obviously in the shop-window for a big club (as Rafa might say) - another excellent Gillette investment.

QuoteIf he says something positive about gerrard

Relax lads, that's not on the cards - I've even convinced Boots junior that he's a waste of time.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 10, 2008, 03:04:06 PM
QuoteGerrard playing as a midfielder, but without the responsibilities of marking anyone.

If someone can now explain to him that the easiest pass is not necessarily the worst pass, then ye'll be on the pigs back.

This was very close to Billy saying something good about Gerrard. I think he's coming around lads :D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 04, 2008, 09:59:44 AM
I would hardly call Inter a great side, and fair dues his goal against Chelsea proves his pedigree when it comes to the big games.  I would hardly call Everton a top team, no matter how big a match its regarded as - he was anonymous against United in the 2 games, and also against Arsenal.  Fair enough if he didn't score, but to perform like he did shows him in a different light than that which Liverpool fans see him in when he scores against Derby!

Torres is quality but to calibrate, he skinned Tal Ben Haim.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nifan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 04, 2008, 10:20:10 AM
BTW do you use your e-mail account that is against your username nifan?

not really anymore actually - it has thousands of mostly junk mails there so i dont look often!

stevo-08

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 04, 2008, 09:59:44 AM
I would hardly call Inter a great side, and fair dues his goal against Chelsea proves his pedigree when it comes to the big games.  I would hardly call Everton a top team, no matter how big a match its regarded as - he was anonymous against United in the 2 games, and also against Arsenal.  Fair enough if he didn't score, but to perform like he did shows him in a different light than that which Liverpool fans see him in when he scores against Derby!

he's a goal machine plain and simple. 21 lge goals all from play. And his total could have been 26 goals if he had taken the 5 penalties scored by Gerrard/Kuyt. Injured for 4 lge games & "rested" by rafa for another 2, so you do the maths - its a great return!! In my opinion he's the best striker in the premiership at present. He has scored against chelsea, porto, inter & everton - fair enough they're not all great sides but were hugely important games and he delivered. He was also very unlucky not to score against man u at anfield. It's his first season with Liverpool and I think he's only going to get better.

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 04, 2008, 10:01:12 AM
Ok, I was going to bite, but I'm not. Fair enough nrico. Whatever you think yourself.
AZ, you're a more patient man than me. somethings just need to be said.

corn02

Ok why is everyone getting on his back agbout the Old Trafford ga,e? He was a lone striker for 60 minutes due to Gerrard falling back after the sending off.

nrico2006

QuoteHe was also very unlucky not to score against man u at anfield.

??? Like the Old Trafford game he was no threat.  The only chance he got at Anfield was down to VDS flapping.  His goals return is good at Anfield against the weaker teams, all I'm saying for the money spent you would expect him to be at least threatening teams like United, Chelsea and Arsenal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

corn02

full back

I'm starting to see a bit of a connection between Ronaldo & Torres in regards to going missing against the top teams...

magpie seanie

nrico2006

I see more of a connection between Stevie G and Torres!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'