The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Apparent in Toulouse its up to 37C (100 degrees in old money!!) for the match!!!  Going be very hot, if Torres is on he will love it!!!! ;D
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: longball on August 15, 2007, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 15, 2007, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 15, 2007, 12:50:28 PM
No team news yet ahead of todays game???

You asking us or telling us ;)

question marks usually mean a question numbnuts. team in accordance to the daily mirror Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Arbeloa, Benayoun, alonso, sissoko, riise, voronin, crouch

Well numbnuts if you read the way he phrased the question you will see it was a rhetorical question in so much as he answered his own question thus leading me to saying as a joke are you asking or telling us
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 15, 2007, 01:31:31 PM
Apparent in Toulouse its up to 37C (100 degrees in old money!!) for the match!!!  Going be very hot, if Torres is on he will love it!!!! ;D

So will Sissoko.

bingobus

Peter Crouch and Andriy Voronin are both recalled to the Liverpool side to start up front for the Reds in Toulouse this afternoon. 
Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt both begin on the bench as Rafael Benitez rings the changes from the side which won at Aston Villa on Saturday.

Yossi Benayoun and Ryan Babel both make their first competitive starts for the club while Sami Hyypia is back in the centre of defence alongside Jamie Carragher.

The Liverpool team for this afternoon's game, which kicks off at 3.30pm, is:

Reina
Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Arbeloa
Benayoun
Gerrard
Mascherano
Babel
Voronin
Crouch

Subs:

Itandje
Agger
Riise
Torres
Alonso
Kuyt
Sissoko 

Any winners of the team lottery selection??

Strong midfielder pairing and will be interesting to see how the wingers pan out.

Hope someone has the box infront of them to keep us posted.

gawa316

Quote from: bingobus on August 15, 2007, 02:34:04 PM

Any winners of the team lottery selection??

I got 8 of the players right, anyone do any better?

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

I hope they haven't mad pacy strikers. Hypia could tire very quickly there in that heat.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 15, 2007, 02:47:52 PM
I hope they haven't mad pacy strikers. Hypia could tire very quickly there in that heat.

He could but Agger and Riise are on bench so i wouldn't worry...
Its games like this where you can see the strength in depth we have in the squad this year.
Able to drop Riise,Agger,Pennent,Alonso,Torres,Kuyt and still be able to put out a strong team capable of beating anyone
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 15, 2007, 02:47:52 PM

I reckon Hyppia is in there to deal with the physical threat of Elmander.

On another issue

CARRAGHER DECLINES ENGLAND RETURN
Posted 15/08/07 11:52EmailPrintSave

England manager Steve McClaren has confirmed Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has decided not to return to international football.

The centre-back has deliberated long and hard over his original decision to ask not to be considered for his country.

McClaren made a personal visit to Liverpool's training ground on Monday for a face-to-face meeting with Carragher, but the situation remained the same, with the tough defender politely declining a request to change his mind.

McClaren told a press conference, televised by Sky Sports News: "I met Jamie on Monday and had a very good conversation but unfortunately he's stayed with the decision to not be involved with us.

"We respect that, Jamie has been a fantastic servant for England.

"I won't close the door, who knows in the future."

Thank f**k for that. McClaren in my eyes is a joke. How can you play woodgate and a half fit king (Who missed most of the season) in front of Carra who was unbelieveable for Liverpool especially in the Champions League. To make matters worse he then plays brown in front of him!! ??? Everyone can see (not just Liverpool fans) that Carra has been the most consistant English centre back (along with Terry) over the last 3/4 years. Now when he has a few injury concerns he comes crawling back to Carra. Well I for one I'm glad he hasn't went back as it will only be goog for LFC

The Real Laoislad

Carragher is one of the best centre backs in the world IMHO.Certainly way ahead of Donkey Ferdinand and Woodgate
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 15, 2007, 02:50:04 PM
He could but Agger and Riise are on bench so i wouldn't worry...
Its games like this where you can see the strength in depth we have in the squad this year.
Able to drop Riise,Agger,Pennent,Alonso,Torres,Kuyt and still be able to put out a strong team capable of beating anyone

Agree Laois lad, its definatley the strongest squad we have had in many a year..lets all hope the new buys fulfill their potential
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

feardearg

Quote from: bingobus on August 15, 2007, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: Balboa on August 15, 2007, 10:38:11 AM
I lived in Liverpool for a few years and it was hard to get the Sun because it seemed to be the most widely read paper in the city. In my experience Its a bit of a myth that it has been boycotted.

WUM plain and simple, a myth indeed!

As regards the apology, the 'apology' consisted of the S*n having a go at Liverpudlians for being up in arms at Rooney giving them an interview.   Rather than redressing the damage they did by apologizing on the front page, like their initial slur, the 'apology' took place in the editorial with their front page devoted to how the reaction in Liverpool had been a hate campaign towards Rooney. 

The editorial basically had an 'apology' of sorts totally undermined by twisting the thing to have a go at those so incensed at Rooney (the fact Rooney gave the interview in the first place in indefensible anyway)  The editorial brought up World Wars and a whole other load of horses**t, whatever relevance that had to saying sorry.  The last line of the 'apology' reads: 'It's time to move on'.  Who are they to tell victims when they should 'move on'.

I have little interest in going to the trouble of having a cyber-arguement with anyone.  However, personally I don't expect anyone who follows Liverpool to have anything to do with the rag, and I feel that fans of other clubs perhaps should appreciate that playing down the issues regarding the S*n annoys those who may perhaps have followed developments in more detail. 

supersarsfields

Gerrard freekick just wide of the post.
not much football so far!! Scrappy start.

supersarsfields

What's with no sponser on the liverpool kit?

Gabriel_Hurl